I bought a new Storm 2 yesterday because I was feeling rich. I also thought that maybe if I play with both of my phones side by side, I can be more objective in my opinion.

In regards to the Storm 2 since I have been playing with it. GPS is not as fast or accurate as the Eris. Battery life on both phones pretty much suck so pick your poison. Camera's are pretty equal, good enough for a cellphone. Video on a the Eris is better.
    Call quality on the HTC Eris is wonderful. Storm 2 is not bad, a bit harsh for me but not bad. Ringtones, Speakerphone and vibrate go to the Storm 2. Texting and e-mail are better on the Storm.

Both phones have their pro's and con's. You need to decide whats worth the extra 30 bucks you are paying to Verizon.
    What I am about to say has been repeated many times and for good reason. Just when I think the Storm 2 will prevail, the Eris or Motorola just pull so far ahead of the Storm in browsing, viewing full websites, Youtubes is no contest, Androids win in that department. The bottom line is that the Motorola and Eris are just too strong on the data side, way too strong. In fact, it's a knockout punch if you are a heavy data user. The subject of the browser being better on the Androids cannot be repeated often enough. It's that good.

Peace
    11-28-09 02:43 PM
    which is why my storm2 and tour are going back for an eris (the droid was too large a device for me as i am a back pocket guy)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 11:02 PM
    i will be going android sorry to say
    11-28-09 11:50 PM
    I'm on the fence right now. I have about another week with my S2 and have had random reboots every once in awhile and even the phone turning itself off. I wouldn't realize this until I was about to use it. I would really like to hear more unbiased threads though. Particularly someone that has had both of them.
    11-29-09 10:40 AM
    I have had both of them, returned eris and now getting it back tomorrow. Can't wait! Things that I use and love in a phone are way superior in the eris, as well as reception and signal strength.

Oh and my storm is up on eBay. The only reason its on eBay and not going to vzw is I don't want to lose my 16 gb card.

11-29-09 10:44 AM
    The Eris has very very good call quality. It is one of the clearest phones I have ever used.

Sold my Storm 2 today. Staying with what works for me.
    11-29-09 10:46 AM
    another thing i have noticed? everyone loves the droid, but i found the screen to narrow. the screen on the eris is like the S2 - wide and more square. i like that alot

11-29-09 10:34 PM
    I'm on the fence right now. I have about another week with my S2 and have had random reboots every once in awhile and even the phone turning itself off. I wouldn't realize this until I was about to use it. I would really like to hear more unbiased threads though. Particularly someone that has had both of them.
    Go down and try and use the functions you normally would in a day on the two phones, then decide....in the end, it's about what makes you happy, f the world
    11-29-09 10:54 PM
    tell you what - i had the s1 for a year and the s2 for a few weeks and my eris is on its way. want a report from a guy who just wants a functional phone? i dont care about reviews and such.

11-29-09 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD