Motorola Droid running Bugless Beast Hybrid + additional Overclock + SetCpu

AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.4 (2/3/10)

Overclocked to 1.1Ghz (underclocked in standby/sleep mode 250 Mhz)
    5 Home screens + Fast screen switch (with native home screen)
    3D + Multi-Touch Gallery
    Multi-Touch Google Maps
    Multi-Touch Browser
    Custom Black Notification Bar + White Font
    There is too much to list. check out the link i posted above.

Droid Root Pro app is highly recommended for rooted users. Created by my friend!

Once rooted...

One click to install busybox, flash_image, SPRecovery 99.0b and 99.2b, one click to overclock.

1.1 Ghz runs super stable, barely any extra heat, barely any extra battery usage.

And now runs FASTER than N1 Hands down! My Droid overclocked at 1.1Ghz is FASTER than N1 overclocked at 1.1Ghz!!!!!!!

Snap Dragon Processor.. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

ARM8 Cortex FTW!
    02-04-10 04:54 PM
    Lol nice specs, I think there is a thread floating around here for rooted droid specs and adds.

Too lazy to install the BB, will wait until the 2.1 browser is ported from the n1 to install a new rom.
    02-04-10 05:18 PM
    1.1GHz? Dude, you're going to cook your Droid if it runs that fast. BTW, how do you update BB to 7.4? Are there any improvements from updating it to 7.4?

My Droid Specs
    • Rooted
    • Overclocked at 800MHz
    • Multi-touch Stock Browser
    • 5 Home Screens
    • Custom Black Notification Bar

There are some minor issues like some YouTube videos not showing but it's worth it for having a much faster device. It's even faster than the iPhone 3GS now.
    Actually there is only a little heat increase with 1.1. I've been monitoring it and if I leave it at 1.1Ghz all day (even in sleep mode set to 1.1 ghz) the temp only goes up to 41 celcius.
    The phone heats up more when you charge the phone than when u overclock.

But I also think there is a slight archetechtual difference between the initial set of droids that went out and the 2nd. A few people reported with first batch of phones that 1.1 is not stable for them.

7.4 has multitouch google maps + 3d gallery with multi touch versus 7.3 had multitouch from milestone gallery but it wasn't 3d.

Check his change log. When I update I just update via update.zip versus wiping and using nandroid.
    02-04-10 08:17 PM
    How do you check what version of BB you have? I'm not sure which I have but I'd like to know.
    Settings => About Phone => Build Number
    02-04-10 09:27 PM

3D + Multi-Touch Gallery
    Multi-Touch Google Maps
    Multi-Touch Browser

Droid Root Pro app is highly recommended for rooted users. Created by my friend!

Once rooted...

One click to install busybox, flash_image, SPRecovery 99.0b and 99.2b, one click to overclock.

1.1 Ghz runs super stable, barely any extra heat, barely any extra battery usage.

And now runs FASTER than N1 Hands down! My Droid overclocked at 1.1Ghz is FASTER than N1 overclocked at 1.1Ghz!!!!!!!

ARM8 Cortex FTW!
    And they claim that Blackberry's are customizable?
    02-04-10 09:29 PM
    Yeah, I've also noticed that the phone heats up more while charging so I clocked it to 550/125 (charging period). I'm running 800/125 and it's so smooth.

I also checked Pete's updates and I think I'll just stick with whatever I have now even though I'm not sure which version it is (probably 7.3 or 7.4).

Also, the YouTube problem fixed itself after a reboot.
    just be cautious about underclocking to 125, because sometimes (not always) if you receive a call while its in sleep mode at 125, you can't answer phone calls because the processor isn't running fast enough to answer.

This also depends on the number of widgets you are running also. mainly people with a lot of stuff running in the background have that problem. i did so i leave it at 250.
    02-04-10 11:14 PM
    I leave it at 250/125 at charging/sleep. Temp goes down very fast. It goes to a good 100 degrees after browsing a long time or using GPS.
    02-04-10 11:41 PM
    I am running sholes.info custom ROM 2.0.1 at 1GHz and stable.

Almost everything is multi-touch. WiFi tether with smoke glass theme.

Phone seems to be running smother then before.
    02-05-10 01:09 AM
    I haven't tried sholes yet. i just like pete's because we don't have to wipe/nandroid everytime, just install over with update.zip
    02-05-10 01:12 AM
    I haven't tried sholes yet. i just like pete's because we don't have to wipe/nandroid everytime, just install over with update.zip
    That's true but sholes rom's are so fast and stable I just can't resist whenever they have something new.

EDIT:
    Just did my first update with SholesMod Updater and I don't lose any setting or screen/icon setup.
    Last edited by WhosToBlame; 02-05-10 at 09:40 AM.
    02-05-10 02:20 AM

3D + Multi-Touch Gallery
    Multi-Touch Google Maps
    Multi-Touch Browser

Once rooted...

ARM8 Cortex FTW!
    I have BB also and my clock is 950 right now, can I use DroidRootPro and install the 1.1GHz flash from there, or do I need to do something else?
    02-05-10 11:17 AM
    I have BB also and my clock is 950 right now, can I use DroidRootPro and install the 1.1GHz flash from there, or do I need to do something else?
    you can use droid root pro. That's what I did. Make sure you have the latest version. if yer not sure, uninstall, then reinstall from market. This ensures all your tools are up to date. i personally don't use his "update tools" button because sometimes its not accurate.

One you are in the app this is what you want to do.

1. Click Mount
    2. Install Sprecovery 99.0B <------------------ not 99.2B
    3. Hit options > overclock
    4. Chose whichever you want.

you phone will reboot into sprecovery.

You will read a dialogue at the bottom of the screen and it will same completed.

Just hit Enter or select REBOOT system.

thats it!
    02-05-10 05:37 PM
    you can use droid root pro. That's what I did. Make sure you have the latest version. if yer not sure, uninstall, then reinstall from market. This ensures all your tools are up to date. i personally don't use his "update tools" button because sometimes its not accurate.

One you are in the app this is what you want to do.

1. Click Mount
    2. Install Sprecovery 99.0B <------------------ not 99.2B
    3. Hit options > overclock
    4. Chose whichever you want.

you phone will reboot into sprecovery.

You will read a dialogue at the bottom of the screen and it will same completed.

Just hit Enter or select REBOOT system.

thats it!
    BB is on the 99.2B recovery. Going to 99.0B wont mess anything up?

EDIT- And 1.1GHz is running good? I had 1GHz before and it was super stable. What about JIT, do you have that enabled?
    Last edited by avt123; 02-05-10 at 06:01 PM.
    02-05-10 05:56 PM
    BB is on the 99.2B recovery. Going to 99.0B wont mess anything up?
    no it won't. ive actually been using 99.0B for everything. but what you can do too is with DroidRootPro, you can easily switch back and forth between the 2.

so after you use 99.0B for 1.1Ghz, after you reboot, you can click the install 99.2B again and reboot and it will be on your phone. thats the great thing with droidrootpro. you don't have to use adb, you don't have to use a terminal emulator, you don't have to use command line in recovery to implement these changes, it does it all in the os. just need to reboot!
    02-05-10 06:02 PM
    1.1Ghz is super stable. BUT from what i've heard it isn't stable with people who bought driods on the first day.

I am skeptical about enabling JIT because there is apparently a bug in it that slows down your browser. everything I read about it (today) said to wait till the next version of JIT comes out for droid. I was still curious to try it out. it definitely increases speed/mFlop/s
    02-05-10 06:04 PM
    1.1Ghz is super stable. BUT from what i've heard it isn't stable with people who bought driods on the first day.

I am skeptical about enabling JIT because there is apparently a bug in it that slows down your browser. everything I read about it (today) said to wait till the next version of JIT comes out for droid. I was still curious to try it out. it definitely increases speed/mFlop/s
    I just got a refurb (because my screen stopped working) but hopefully all stays well. I had JIT enabled before, maybe I'll try it again.

Should I switch back to .2B or just stay on .0B. Will it make a difference?
    02-05-10 06:06 PM
    I just got a refurb (because my screen stopped working) but hopefully all stays well. I had JIT enabled before, maybe I'll try it again.

Should I switch back to .2B or just stay on .0B. Will it make a difference?
    well for many other things, it requires 2B.

The only reason why you need .0b with his is because the overclock kernals in droidrootpro require .0b. thats all.

I'm sure they will consolidate it soon anyway. the guy who developed droidrootpro is a genius when it comes to this stuff. he helped me out a lot. and he makes it painless. and its painless to switch back and forth.

oh yeah, with the 1.1Ghz kernal, if yer phone becomes unstable, you can leave that kernal in and just setcpu to lower the speed but like i said i haven't had any problems at all.
    02-05-10 06:12 PM
    well for many other things, it requires 2B.

The only reason why you need .0b with his is because the overclock kernals in droidrootpro require .0b. thats all.

I'm sure they will consolidate it soon anyway. the guy who developed droidrootpro is a genius when it comes to this stuff. he helped me out a lot. and he makes it painless. and its painless to switch back and forth.

oh yeah, with the 1.1Ghz kernal, if yer phone becomes unstable, you can leave that kernal in and just setcpu to lower the speed but like i said i haven't had any problems at all.
    Alright so I guess I will go back to .2B. Weird how the overclock requires .0B, but then if you switch back to .2B it doesn't mess anything up lol.

Also is there any way to change the setcpu setting, because on the top left it says 1.1 and then on the top right it still says 950 max, or is that just because of BB?
    02-05-10 06:19 PM
    well all sprecovery is, is an addon to recover mode. thats all. its not running or anything in the os.
    02-05-10 06:23 PM
    well all sprecovery is, is an addon to recover mode. thats all. its not running or anything in the os.
    Oh ok cool. Thank you very much for the help, I really appreciate it. I'm still a little new to Android, but I have been doing my research.

If you have any iPhone or BB questions though feel free to ask, at least I know some platforms haha.
    02-05-10 06:34 PM
    Oh ok cool. Thank you very much for the help, I really appreciate it. I'm still a little new to Android, but I have been doing my research.

If you have any iPhone or BB questions though feel free to ask, at least I know some platforms haha.

Haha no worries. I don't have as many posts as you do, but I was a storm expert at one time.

I moved over to droid right when it came out, did my research, learned here and there.

the best development sites for droid is ofcourse alldroid, then droidforums. Alldroid has all the developers. its sad they disrespected the developer who made droidrootpro. he has moved onto a new forum.
    02-05-10 06:38 PM
    Haha no worries. I don't have as many posts as you do, but I was a storm expert at one time.

I moved over to droid right when it came out, did my research, learned here and there.

the best development sites for droid is ofcourse alldroid, then droidforums. Alldroid has all the developers. its sad they disrespected the developer who made droidrootpro. he has moved onto a new forum.
    Yea I've been doing a lot of reading on those sites. Oh wow that's a shame. He created an amazingly useful app.
    02-05-10 06:47 PM
    yeah. i gotta get back to work. haha. its almost like we're chatting! have a nice weekend!
    02-05-10 06:48 PM

Who disrespected him on alldroid?? I was wondering why he stopped updating his thread about droid root helper.

In fact I still have a very old version of his app which I still love, it still says 13.0 recovery in it lol.
    02-05-10 06:49 PM
    yeah. i gotta get back to work. haha. its almost like we're chatting! have a nice weekend!
    Haha no doubt. Thank you once again. You enjoy your weekend as well (and the rest of your shift)!
    02-05-10 06:51 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD