So I picked this bad boy up at 3 pm yesterday. I thought long and hard. I went to Wal Mart where is was only $188 no rebate needed. Got home cracked it open....LOVED IT.....well Android 2.0 anyway. I got some 3rd party apps and started to customize away. I dont know where the 2 hours went! Went to class for a few hours, paid zero attention as I was whoring myself to google looking up apps and info. Got home and had to charge it since the charge out of the box wasnt full I fell asleep. At about 7 in the morning I woke up to the word "droid" as all my emails for the day started coming in. Something wasnt quiet right.....I missed my iPhone. I gave the Droid a little more time to come around. By 5 tonight I had called ATT and asked for their crappy service back....it just wasnt my time to leave. I hate ATT. I dont like the iPhone UI. But it is what I am comfortable with right now. The iPhone feels so much better in my hand. I know I know there was the Eris....but im a loser who has to make up for what I lack in screen size. The Droid's weight and size made me feel inadequate. Android is an amazing OS...the Droid is just not mature yet...HTC doesnt have the bigget screen...why cant I just put Android on my iPhone? Thanks doc....how much do I owe you for these few minutes? Sorry about the lump in your couch
    11-10-09 08:38 PM
    Seems like you are glued to the iPhone, but do realize that this is why you get 30 days to try out Verizon. You barely used the phone for 24 hours before switching back. I hope you don't have second thoughts and regret not using the phone for 28 more days.
    11-10-09 08:42 PM
    All right. So I'm confused...

You loved the phone? It's was awesome? You got to customize it as you liked? No problems?

And yet, you felt as though you had to go to a crappier service which you admittedly hate? To a device that you don't like? Ummm...

You DO realize the Droid has a larger screen, twice the pixels, and the same size in hand as the iPhone?

I think I'm missing something here....
    11-10-09 08:45 PM
    Your right I did have 28 more days...but the keyboard was never going to be used, so it added bulk and weight I didnt need...im going to go with android, this just wasnt the phone for me....the Droid screen is "bigger" but also a thinner aspect ratio...It is a great phone...its just not the phone for me. I cant wait to go Android...but I need something a little sexier....omg im a girl now!
    11-10-09 08:49 PM
    I believe the Droid is thinner than the iPhone? Even with the keyboard...
    11-10-09 08:59 PM
    Why won't you just detached the keyboard from the LCD if you won't be using it? The droid will look sexier,thinner,cleaner and smaller. You're going to regret going back to the iphone/at&t.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 09:00 PM
    I believe the Droid is thinner than the iPhone? Even with the keyboard...
    The Droid is a few millimeters thicker than the iPhone.

Why won't you just detached the keyboard from the LCD if you won't be using it? The droid will look sexier,thinner,cleaner and smaller. You're going to regret going back to the iphone/at&t.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is a joke right?
    11-10-09 09:01 PM
    Your right I did have 28 more days...but the keyboard was never going to be used, so it added bulk and weight I didnt need...im going to go with android, this just wasnt the phone for me....the Droid screen is "bigger" but also a thinner aspect ratio...It is a great phone...its just not the phone for me. I cant wait to go Android...but I need something a little sexier....omg im a girl now!
    I can tell you with 100 percent certainty, had I done what you did, I would kick myself the next day. The Droid is not for the faint of heart. It takes time to learn something new. I have mine setup just right and I have no regrets whatsoever. I don't miss my Storms one bit.
    11-10-09 09:01 PM
    I went into the local VZN store tonight to purchase a screen protector and phone skin, and of course, had to go over and fool with the Droid some more. I spent more time with it...opened up apps, tried out the message app, the background app, and put my Eris right side by side with it...and honestly, the screen on my Eris was actually BETTER to me, than the Droid!!!!!
    I tried out comparing some loading times and they were both right there together, and even a few times the Eris beat the Droid in loading a pic or page!!!! Amazing..didn't expect that!

Compared screen size..and the Droid appeared to be the same width, and about 1/2" longer than the Eris...

And again...it just did not feel good in my hand..heavy. And when sliding out the keyboard, it was stiff and awkward. It wouldn't go into landscape mode unless I slid out the keyboard. There may be a work around for that, but I didn't find it.

I tried typing on the Droid virtual keyboard and could not do it as easily as the Eris....

The manager and I were chatting while waiting for my purchases to be rung up...and he said the Droid was outselling the Eris, but he preferred the Eris. He said he thought it was due to VZN pushing the Droid and not the Eris. He said not many people even knew about the Eris...

oh well..doesn't matter to me one way or the other...which sells better. I'm just happy I made the right choice for me...which I wasn't completely sure about until tonight.
    11-10-09 09:16 PM
    I don't miss my Tour or Storm2 either. I dunno how I lasted almost three months on the clunkiness, memory leaking ickyness of OS 4.7 or the just not as bad but still clinky OS5 on the BlackBerries.

Even though I still have a Storm2 as a backup... I really love my DROID. Too bad they went with the decision of CDMA only.

I'll also be picking up my Nokia N900 the day it comes out too. MAEMO5 looks to be just ask good and possibly even better than ANDROID.
    11-10-09 09:17 PM
    I went into the local VZN store tonight to purchase a screen protector and phone skin, and of course, had to go over and fool with the Droid some more. I spent more time with it...opened up apps, tried out the message app, the background app, and put my Eris right side by side with it...and honestly, the screen on my Eris was actually BETTER to me, than the Droid!!!!!
    I tried out comparing some loading times and they were both right there together, and even a few times the Eris beat the Droid in loading a pic or page!!!! Amazing..didn't expect that!

Compared screen size..and the Droid appeared to be the same width, and about 1/2" longer than the Eris...

And again...it just did not feel good in my hand..heavy. And when sliding out the keyboard, it was stiff and awkward. It wouldn't go into landscape mode unless I slid out the keyboard. There may be a work around for that, but I didn't find it.

I tried typing on the Droid virtual keyboard and could not do it as easily as the Eris....

The manager and I were chatting while waiting for my purchases to be rung up...and he said the Droid was outselling the Eris, but he preferred the Eris. He said he thought it was due to VZN pushing the Droid and not the Eris. He said not many people even knew about the Eris...

oh well..doesn't matter to me one way or the other...which sells better. I'm just happy I made the right choice for me...which I wasn't completely sure about until tonight.
    I was going to go with the Eris until I read about the terrible problem it has with battery life, which will only be worse when it gets 2.0 with navigation. I hate to plug my phone it during the day. Be it a car charger or regular charger.
    11-10-09 09:33 PM
    Droid will be available GSM in the near future vdelvec
    11-10-09 09:33 PM
    i went the other way, i had the storm over the weekend and i couldnt no more had to go back to my storm! i dont mind the droid but i still enjoy having the storm alot more! my bbm and am really good at typing on the storm so no problems on my side
    11-10-09 09:34 PM
    the Eris UI is sexy tho...it will be on the Droid soon
    11-10-09 09:35 PM
    you might want to do some research on the possible release of the HTC Passion. Thats what I'm waiting for. I never like virtual keyboards until i bought my storm, now i don't think i can go back.
    11-10-09 09:38 PM
    Sense wont be on the Droid until someone figures out how to root the phone. Then you have the option of voiding your warranty by rooting, and if you brick your phone there is no recovery. It also opens up a slew of other risks, especially if you use your phone for more than a toy. Some security risks are showing up in regards to emails etc on rooted phones. Worst case, you brick the phone and you have a nice paper weight.
    11-10-09 09:45 PM
    Sense wont be on the Droid until someone figures out how to root the phone. Then you have the option of voiding your warranty by rooting, and if you brick your phone there is no recovery. It also opens up a slew of other risks, especially if you use your phone for more than a toy. Some security risks are showing up in regards to emails etc on rooted phones. Worst case, you brick the phone and you have a nice paper weight.
    true...but from what I have heard the rooting isnt to far off...so soon
    11-10-09 10:10 PM
    is the Desire and the Eris the same thing hmmmmm
    11-10-09 10:18 PM
    Made the switch to Verizon for the Storm2 and really like it. I dabbled with the thought of going with the Droid, but after checking it out it feels like a brick. I'm tempted to go with the Eris, but the familiarity of the BB OS and with some of the new stuff developers are coming out with I'll probably stick with the Storm2. AND NEVER GO BACK TO AT&T.
    11-11-09 08:42 AM
    Regardless of which phone you have, you're going to be a lot more happy on the VZW network.
    11-11-09 08:44 AM
    You can pretty much make the Droid look like the sense UI with widgets using things like the Weather Widget flip clock w/forecast add on.
    11-11-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD