Hi! So, I just ordered a pixel. Where do I get that app that you made that lets you put BlackBerry keyboard on non-bb phones? I've seen mention of it in the past but no idea where.

Thanks!
    11-27-19 10:11 PM
    Hi! So, I just ordered a pixel. Where do I get that app that you made that lets you put BlackBerry keyboard on non-bb phones? I've seen mention of it in the past but no idea where.

Thanks!
    https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX and Lee_Bo like this.
    11-27-19 10:13 PM
    ^^^^ what brookie said.

It wasn't me though - it was Cobalt.
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX likes this.
    11-27-19 10:15 PM
    ^^^^ what brookie said.

It wasn't me though - it was Cobalt.
    conite ..... Cobalt ....... sounds close!
    john_v likes this.
    11-27-19 10:17 PM
    lol, of course it was Cobalt!

Thanks guys. Sadly, my KeyOne is hurting from significant use and there's no new BlackBerry on the horizon. I'm looking forward to a decent camera again. My Priv took nice pictures.
    11-27-19 10:34 PM
    Do Autoloaders exist for Pixel phones?
    11-28-19 12:01 AM
    The link is still valid I see.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-19 02:59 AM
    I have installed BlackBerry keyboard on the other android phone.

When I try to set up company email id it was forcing me to uninstall BlackBerry keyboard. Sounds crazy to me aswhy anyone needs to uninstall BlackBerry keyboard to setup their company email.

Did anyone aware of this issue?
    11-28-19 06:06 AM

When I try to set up company email id it was forcing me to uninstall BlackBerry keyboard. Sounds crazy to me aswhy anyone needs to uninstall BlackBerry keyboard to setup their company email.

What Android phone?
    11-28-19 06:26 AM
    What Android phone?
    Honor 7x and I face this issue while setting up my Google company account
    11-28-19 06:31 AM
    Do Autoloaders exist for Pixel phones?
    For sure.
    11-28-19 07:10 AM

I have work profile on my Pixel 3 that gets pushed to my phone when I enrolled it to my works MDM. I also have the BlackBerry suite and vkb installed on it as well. Whenever I'm using an app from the work profile, it automatically pulls up the stock vkb and does not allow me to switch to the BlackBerry vkb. When I'm in my personal profile, I can use whatever vkb I want.

I think this is due to IT policy not allowing any unauthorized apps (of which the BlackBerry vkb is one) to access company data.

I'm sure someone on these forums, much smarter than me, can elaborate!
    11-28-19 08:06 AM
    I have work profile on my Pixel 3 that gets pushed to my phone when I enrolled it to my works MDM. I also have the BlackBerry suite and vkb installed on it as well. Whenever I'm using an app from the work profile, it automatically pulls up the stock vkb and does not allow me to switch to the BlackBerry vkb. When I'm in my personal profile, I can use whatever vkb I want.

I think this is due to IT policy not allowing any unauthorized apps (of which the BlackBerry vkb is one) to access company data.

Yep that explains it pretty much. Many companies won't allow apps outside of the appstore. Perfectly good security measure
    11-28-19 10:12 AM

Thanks for your explanation. When you don't use work profile, how to you switch to bb keyboard. Do you manually re-enable keyboard in settings and use it or will there is be any better way to automate this?
    11-28-19 11:41 AM
    Thanks for your explanation. When you don't use work profile, how to you switch to bb keyboard. Do you manually re-enable keyboard in settings and use it or will there is be any better way to automate this?
    When I'm in my personal profile, the vkb goes to whatever is set in the Android default settings (BlackBerry's vkb in my case). So I don't have to manually re-enable the BlackBerry vkb every time I switch from work to personal.
    11-28-19 11:57 AM
    When I'm in my personal profile, the vkb goes to whatever is set in the Android default settings (BlackBerry's vkb in my case). So I don't have to manually re-enable the BlackBerry vkb every time I switch from work to personal.
    Bb keyboard is still disabled even if I'm not on work profile and there is no way to enable. See the screenshot.
    11-28-19 12:42 PM
    For sure.
    Where might a person find them? Are they called something other than an autoloader?
    11-28-19 03:51 PM
    Where might a person find them? Are they called something other than an autoloader?
    developers.google.com/android/images
    11-28-19 03:52 PM
    developers.google.com/android/images
    Thank you!
    11-28-19 04:05 PM
    I can't seem to make it work. I tried to install it with chrome and tried with Edge to install (after allowing each to install unknown apps)...but all it does is download another copy .

any ideas?
    12-03-19 08:03 PM
    I can't seem to make it work. I tried to install it with chrome and tried with Edge to install (after allowing each to install unknown apps)...but all it does is download another copy .

any ideas?
    Autoloaders or keyboards now?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-19 08:12 PM
    Autoloaders or keyboards now?

Posted via CB10
    Keyboard! I gave chrome permission to install from unknown sources but when I click on Cobalt's file with chrome, it just opens a blank page to the address that follows. If I hit 'enter', then it downloads maybe another dile and when I open it, I only get password keeper as an option to open it with, that and a GPS app I have.

content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/primary%3A/document/primary%3ADownload%2Fcobalt
    12-03-19 08:25 PM
    Keyboard!
    What if you; open link from second post, download file, locate the .apk in your file manager and install from there?
    Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-19 08:36 PM
    What if you; open link from second post, download file, locate the .apk in your file manager and install from there?
    Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    Hello?? IT...have you tried turning the device off and on?

All good! Thanks!
    12-03-19 08:55 PM
    What the heck is gong on here? ;-)
    12-04-19 05:32 AM
26 12