Any date rumored on this phone? I have made up my mind to leave BB for the incredible but it's sold out has been for a few weeks now. Just wondering if it would be work it to wait a little longer for the xtreme.

Any specs on it? Will it be better than the inc? thanks
    06-11-10 05:17 PM
    Honestly I can't imagine a better phone than the incredible . If you can find one get one. U wont need more power
    06-11-10 05:46 PM
    06-11-10 05:47 PM
    looks to be released in july......
    06-11-10 07:22 PM
    This means I wil most likely just buy the Incredible. I do not want anything to do with MotoBlur, Sense is much better. Unless Moto has a "with Google" phone coming out anytime soon.
    06-11-10 07:26 PM
    The Droid 2 is supposedly coming out around the same time as the Shadow/Xtreme. It should have plain old Android on it.
    06-11-10 07:38 PM
    Honestly I can't imagine a better phone than the incredible . If you can find one get one. U wont need more power
    Maybe, but have you seen the Quadrant benchmark scores for a Shadow vs. Incredible?
    06-11-10 07:40 PM
    The Droid 2 is supposedly coming out around the same time as the Shadow/Xtreme. It should have plain old Android on it.
    And hopefully a snapdragon with good battery life. If it is 750Mhz I will be disappointed.
    06-11-10 07:57 PM
    And hopefully a snapdragon with good battery life. If it is 750Mhz I will be disappointed.
    Like the Guy above you said. Have you seen the quadrant benchmark scores for the shadow vs the incredible? Its 750mhz pwns the snapdragons 1ghz. It will have a seperate gpu and that omap processor family, which is an older one is used on the Droid, overclocks very well. I can run 1.1 ghz and others can get up to 1.3 so who knows how much better this one will overclock. Its benchmarks already double the n1 and incredible. Plus it will have the higher Res screen and HDMI out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 08:20 PM
    Droid 2 in august. Shadow in July. Busy summer for Android.
    06-11-10 08:22 PM
    Like the Guy above you said. Have you seen the quadrant benchmark scores for the shadow vs the incredible? Its 750mhz pwns the snapdragons 1ghz. It will have a seperate gpu and that omap processor family, which is an older one is used on the Droid, overclocks very well. I can run 1.1 ghz and others can get up to 1.3 so who knows how much better this one will overclock. Its benchmarks already double the n1 and incredible. Plus it will have the higher Res screen and HDMI out.

I am well aware of that. I have a Droid, and have OCed it to 1.3 Ghz and it ran great like that. I just find it funny Moto wants to make the jump to 2GHz meanwhile they still are under 1Ghz. Weel will see though, if the Droid 2 still out performing the Incredible at that time, I may pick it up. Or I may just wait for an LTE capable device. But I kinda want a new one now.
    06-11-10 08:27 PM
    I think I'm waiting for the Droid Pro.
    06-11-10 08:30 PM
    Droid 2 in august. Shadow in July. Busy summer for Android.
    from what i understand there is 53 android devices that are scheuled for a 2010 release date... Could be more but at least this many have been announced by the manufacturers.

now granted this includes all US carriers so by the end of the year the wireless market should be pretty well saturated with android devices.

most of these will be mid to low range devices with the a handful of high powered workhorses in the mix.

Study: More Than 50 Android Phones to Ship in 2010 - PCWorld
    06-11-10 08:53 PM
    is anyony else concerned about the size of this thing? 5.01x2.5x.39
    06-12-10 06:52 AM
    Nope. I don't carry my phone in my pocket.
    06-12-10 07:36 AM

You cant really gauge the benchmark of an unreleased device. I have a Droid overclocked to 1.3Ghz and my stock incredible. The Incredible smokes it speed wise in everything it does.
    06-12-10 07:47 AM
    You cant really gauge the benchmark of an unreleased device. I have a Droid overclocked to 1.3Ghz and my stock incredible. The Incredible smokes it speed wise in everything it does.
    install 2.2 and your opinion will change in about 2 seconds.

my droid is almost 3x faster then my girls incredible.
    06-12-10 08:59 AM
    install 2.2 and your opinion will change in about 2 seconds.

my droid is almost 3x faster then my girls incredible.
    Thats an unfair comparison. Lets compare 2.1 to 2.1 and 2.2 to 2.2. If the playing field is the same, its not even a far comparison.
    Last edited by Lynx83; 06-12-10 at 10:45 AM.
    06-12-10 10:42 AM
    Thats an unfair comparison. Lets compare 2.1 to 2.1 and 2.2 to 2.2. If the playing field is the same, its not even a far comparison.
    lol

Who knows when or if the Incredible will get 2.2?
    06-12-10 10:52 AM
    lol

Who knows when or if the Incredible will get 2.2?
    Well the Incredible is rooted, so as soon as somebody makes a ROM for it, ill put it on my phone, and post the benchmark numbers. I mean 2.2 hasnt been officially released yet for the Droid yet either. And HTC already said 2.2 w/ sense is coming to the Incredible.
    06-12-10 11:10 AM
    I think I'm waiting for the Droid Pro.
    That phone's specs look a lot better than the Xtreme's and Droid 2's. However, I could care less about a new phone at this point because I have just about everything I want with 2.2.

Well the Incredible is rooted, so as soon as somebody makes a ROM for it, ill put it on my phone, and post the benchmark numbers. I mean 2.2 hasnt been officially released yet for the Droid yet either. And HTC already said 2.2 w/ sense is coming to the Incredible.
    I know. I was just kidding. But yeah, rooting is the best way because who knows how long the OTA updates will get delayed?
    06-12-10 11:23 AM
    That's bigger than the evo! The sheer size makes it a non-starter for me. The incredible and droid1 are as big in exterior dimensions as I'm willing to go. Hopefully HTC or moto can squeeze a 4" screen into a sleek package like Samsung seems to have accomplished.
    06-12-10 11:47 AM
    idk, if that Omap holds true, we are in good shape to overclock (1.5ghz at least) well beyond what the snapdragon chip-set can be overclocked too (no offense Inc owners, that is a great phone), as those chip-sets freak at about 1.15ghz. I kind of love the size, but I am 6 foot 2 inches, lol! I am still waiting for the Droid pro, ah, what a beautiful phone, something to compete with the EVO on Verizon finally *sigh*
    PS, it looks like the Phone is very sleek, and thin (more thin than EVO!), very pocket able *sigh*
    06-12-10 12:44 PM
    idk, if that Omap holds true, we are in good shape to overclock (1.5ghz at least) well beyond what the snapdragon chip-set can be overclocked too (no offense Inc owners, that is a great phone), as those chip-sets freak at about 1.15ghz. I kind of love the size, but I am 6 foot 2 inches, lol! I am still waiting for the Droid pro, ah, what a beautiful phone, something to compete with the EVO on Verizon finally *sigh*
    PS, it looks like the Phone is very sleek, and thin (more thin than EVO!), very pocket able *sigh*
    Compete with the EVO? The Motorola Droid beats it.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...on-phones.html

And for those that are waiting for the Xtreme, here are some pics.

06-12-10 01:18 PM

I like this guys way of thinking. But lets face it you are all comparing **** sizes instead of how well you wewee performs .
    06-12-10 01:31 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD