hahaha heres a pic for example they just dont have a phone

Noooooo stop you're killin me
    06-15-10 01:25 PM
    I hope Motorola doesnt lock this down like the milestone.
    06-15-10 02:41 PM
    That's all I'm worried about. I only intend on upgrading if I can get a stock froyo rom on it.
    06-15-10 02:52 PM
    if moto puts a bootloader on any of their new phones i will never buy a moto phone again. specs be damned.
    06-15-10 03:42 PM
    if moto puts a bootloader on any of their new phones i will never buy a moto phone again. specs be damned.
    DroidLife showed a video of the boot-up on the Droid 2 and it looked just like the one on the Moto Droid.

I don't like how Verizon crippled the boot-up on the Incredible. They should have kept the Droid boot-up.
    06-15-10 03:47 PM
    DroidLife showed a video of the boot-up on the Droid 2 and it looked just like the one on the Moto Droid.

I don't like how Verizon crippled the boot-up on the Incredible. They should have kept the Droid boot-up.
    We are talking about the bootloader for the Milestone that only accepts signed firmware from Motorola, not the boot animation. By doing this Motorola has made it so you cant install ROMs on it like you can the DROID.
    06-15-10 04:52 PM
    For those interested, Engadget was able to spend a little time on what looks to be a retail version of the Motorola "X"

I have to say I'm pretty much sold. July 17th can't come soon enough...

Exclusive: Motorola Droid X preview -- Engadget

The only thing that would definitely make this an immediate preorder for me would it already coming with 2.2
    06-15-10 04:53 PM
    We are talking about the bootloader for the Milestone that only accepts signed firmware from Motorola, not the boot animation. By doing this Motorola has made it so you cant install ROMs on it like you can the DROID.
    If this is the case on any new Motorola Android device I wont go anywhere near it.
    06-15-10 04:54 PM
    I can't wait till this phone comes out, after checking out the evo, incredible and droid one I really want to get rid of this BB(tour). Now I actually find myself getting pissed at my BB when I'm trying to load facebook app and it takes forever, or the browser, everytime I have to restart.
    06-15-10 05:32 PM
    So my understanding is that the upcoming Droid X is NOT a world phone. Can someone please tell me otherwise so I can go and buy this beauty.
    If it is not a world phone, that would be a deal breaker unfortunately (sadness)
    06-15-10 05:50 PM
    So my understanding is that the upcoming Droid X is NOT a world phone. Can someone please tell me otherwise so I can go and buy this beauty.
    If it is not a world phone, that would be a deal breaker unfortunately (sadness)
    Looks like you're stuck, but there's always the new clamshell!!
    06-15-10 06:00 PM
    I can't wait till this phone comes out, after checking out the evo, incredible and droid one I really want to get rid of this BB(tour). Now I actually find myself getting pissed at my BB when I'm trying to load facebook app and it takes forever, or the browser, everytime I have to restart.
    LOL I am the same way. Everytime I use the browser I feel like I went back in time to 1995 waiting on a 17K modem to load the page. When I use WIFI I feel like its 56K.

The extreme I think will be just a tad to big for me. That thing is HUGE! I love the size of the screen but I have to scale down somewhere. I still like phones being in my pocket and not strapped to my belt just waiting to fall off. I'll see when I get to play with one in the stores. Hopefully Moto/ninja blur will have a option to disable.
    06-15-10 06:07 PM
    LOL I am the same way. Everytime I use the browser I feel like I went back in time to 1995 waiting on a 17K modem to load the page. When I use WIFI I feel like its 56K.

The extreme I think will be just a tad to big for me. That thing is HUGE! I love the size of the screen but I have to scale down somewhere. I still like phones being in my pocket and not strapped to my belt just waiting to fall off. I'll see when I get to play with one in the stores. Hopefully Moto/ninja blur will have a option to disable.
    I'm with ya bro, I don't think the size will be an issue but we will see. I would go with the incredible but it's backordered still for weeks, by the time it is availible you might as well get the better xtreme.

I'm guessing that HTC is screwed because when the incredible catches up with orders people will want the motorola, they could have been selling phones the past 6 weeks.
    06-15-10 06:17 PM
    The extreme I think will be just a tad to big for me. That thing is HUGE! I love the size of the screen but I have to scale down somewhere. I still like phones being in my pocket and not strapped to my belt just waiting to fall off.
    same issue for me. i'd really be interested in this phone if the size fit between the incredible and the evo. the evo is too wide for me and the incredible has the just right size, but a smaller screen. a slightly bigger phone with a 4" screen that extends to the edges (little to no border) would be perfect.
    06-15-10 10:04 PM
    Anyone know if there will be any Android world phones coming to vzw?
    06-15-10 10:17 PM
    Doesn't look good so far
    06-16-10 12:13 AM
    Anyone know if there will be any Android world phones coming to vzw?
    The Droid Pro WE
    06-16-10 01:08 AM
    same issue for me. i'd really be interested in this phone if the size fit between the incredible and the evo. the evo is too wide for me and the incredible has the just right size, but a smaller screen. a slightly bigger phone with a 4" screen that extends to the edges (little to no border) would be perfect.
    What would worry me about the screen being to the edge with no border is ONE drop and the screen is shattered. Even if its tempered i think one drop its gone. Another problem, one that im having with my Curve 8530 right now, is dirt getting under the screen. I know the border doesn't do much but IMO i would feel better about it.

I really like this phone. Its a beast! Makes me think what the phones will be like around the holidays.
    06-16-10 08:33 AM
    What would worry me about the screen being to the edge with no border is ONE drop and the screen is shattered. Even if its tempered i think one drop its gone. Another problem, one that im having with my Curve 8530 right now, is dirt getting under the screen. I know the border doesn't do much but IMO i would feel better about it.

I really like this phone. Its a beast! Makes me think what the phones will be like around the holidays.
    the screen coming to the edge is a risk in terms of potential for damage, but it's a risk i think more phone manufacturers will be willing to take. especially now that the new iphone has the entire front and back made of glass. i use a case with all my phones anyway so i don't mind more glass at all if it means having a bigger screen in a smaller form factor.

i'm very pleased with my incredible and could probably hold on to it until the LTE phones come out. either way i'll be taking a close look at the droid 2 and/or droid pro. hopefully they're not as big as the droid x as that's just too big for my likes. i personally don't prefer the trend of some smart phones getting closer to the size of a tablet. reminds me of the old days of the palm lifedrive and the tx which were considered huge back then.
    06-16-10 08:53 AM

i'm very pleased with my incredible and could probably hold on to it until the LTE phones come out.
    That is how I feel about my froyo flash running droid at 1.3ghz (sometimes I just run 1ghz, *sigh*)
    06-16-10 07:50 PM

i work in high dust/dirt environment, construction sites and i keep my 9550 storm in a snack sized ziploc bag to keep dust out from under the screen works like a charm and my phone has no dirt under the screen at all ... normal circumstances dirt isnt even a factor to get under the screen but when under high dirt/dust conditions i suggest the ziplock method
    06-16-10 08:14 PM
    You don't have to with Motorola phones, the screen is sealed. If you don't get it wet you are good. There are some videos on you tube with dudes taking keys to the Motorola screens and trying to damage them, and the screen holds up. I am not saying they are indestructible, but with a quality shield, I think you should be fine.

If you love your phone, and want to keep it in a zip-loc, I say keep on trucking, better to be safe
    06-16-10 08:18 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD