Has anyone here tried it yet? How does it compare to the Blackberry you used?

I especially want to know how good the browser, the keyboard and the touchscreen is.
    04-07-11 05:56 PM
    Even though the Droid Pro is better than any Blackberry on the market, it has gotten mediocre reviews. It's a great device but for the same money you can get a better Android device. If you're concerned about having a physical keyboard don't be afraid to look or try out a device with a virtual keyboard. Many BB users that switch over to Android adapt to virtual keyboards without any problems. I guess it's a mental thing but BB keyboards aren't all that you think they are. Good luck.
    04-07-11 07:54 PM
    I just got one - and am very happy with the Android OS- the Keyboard is not as good as my 9650- but I'm getting used to it- the screen is bigger- too but small in comparison to to others. I bought it used at craigslist to see f I likes it (its a great transitional model from a BB) - as I didn't want to waste my upgrade- lots of new units coming between now and June- so I can wait with this model-

Email does "push" into it- BUT the BB email software and usage is better- but not so much as to keep a BB user a this time- I think the QNX based BB's may lure me back- but the overall experience of android is better at present- and no- I don;t have to do battery pulls or load new OS's every few months- my BB now seems so Industrial by comparison- yet it is still a great platform- and I hope they do "catch up". I don't like like the Moto / Verizon crap they load - and it isn't so easy to get rid of- I learned a lot about BB's and using Os's and shrinking them etc- more complicated with Android i.e., rooting- doesn't seem worth the effort-

Anyways- the Pro is a good unit- I recommend getting the Motorola extended battery form Verizon- once "cured" I can go a full 30 hours- andt he thicker back is so minutely thicker that a Seidio case still fit !

Hope that hopes !
    Norli likes this.
    04-07-11 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD