Because it doesn't fully multitask. Think of all the widgets you can run on Android and run anything you want in the background. You may lose some performance but you gain more functionality.
    I've come to realize that I'm willing to sacrifice some functionality for performance. When I had both my Droid and X, I barely ever filled them with widgets and constantly closed apps in the built in task manager because I didn't want them getting laggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 12:26 PM
    wow, I can't believe how slow this phone is. I hope its okay by the time its released
    If you are still using a bold like I am.....i don't think it gets much slower than that!
    01-08-11 12:41 PM
    The thing is AVT, they are all props. They aren't optimized (like you say) and they aren't up for reviews. People reviewing the phone as a phone while it is a prop look like kids that just don't get it, ROL!. It isn't official, it isn't running official software, and it is a prop. We all have to wait and see, but I have a feeling that it will scream. The direct HDMI out that will put whatever is on the phone on a big screen is a huge selling point to me. I am so not differed by comments on how slow, or whatever. The real story will unfold and we WILL see
    Yeah. It will be months before it even hits the shelves. The models we're seeing are about as functional as concept cars, at this point.
    01-08-11 12:48 PM
    The thing is AVT, they are all props. They aren't optimized (like you say) and they aren't up for reviews. People reviewing the phone as a phone while it is a prop look like kids that just don't get it, ROL!. It isn't official, it isn't running official software, and it is a prop. We all have to wait and see, but I have a feeling that it will scream. The direct HDMI out that will put whatever is on the phone on a big screen is a huge selling point to me. I am so not differed by comments on how slow, or whatever. The real story will unfold and we WILL see
    Exactly. The device is still at least a month or two from being in stores.
    01-08-11 01:19 PM
    I've come to realize that I'm willing to sacrifice some functionality for performance. When I had both my Droid and X, I barely ever filled them with widgets and constantly closed apps in the built in task manager because I didn't want them getting laggy.

I wont. My DX right now runs just a smooth as iOS and offers me so much more. I will not buy an iPhone ever again until iOS is completely revamped. I like customization. Arranging icons and changing the wallpaper isn't enough for me. Android truly allows you to make the device yours.
    01-08-11 01:22 PM
    I wont. My DX right now runs just a smooth as iOS and offers me so much more. I will not buy an iPhone ever again until iOS is completely revamped. I like customization. Arranging icons and changing the wallpaper isn't enough for me. Android truly allows you to make the device yours.
    I've owned both an X and an iPhone briefly. I know people here love to defend their phones to no end but no way is the X smoother than the iPhone. I'm not just talking about throwing Launcher Pro or ADW on it and calling it smooth. I mean the OS as a whole. Then again, everyone probably has a different view on smooth but here is mine:

Last edited by condemned; 01-08-11 at 01:43 PM.
    01-08-11 01:39 PM
    I've owned both an X and an iPhone briefly. I know people here love to defend their phones to no end but no way is the X smoother than the iPhone. I'm not just talking about throwing Launcher Pro or ADW on it and calling it smooth. I mean the OS as a whole. Then again, everyone probably has a different view on smooth but here is mine:

I have owned 2 iPhones, I have had the iPod Touch gen 1 since release day and have owned 2 Android devices. My Droid X runs just as smooth. I am also running a custom ROM. My DX scrolls through homescreens and apps just as smooth as in the video you posted with the Focus. My ROM is optimized for performance.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-08-11 at 01:51 PM.
    01-08-11 01:48 PM
    I have owned 2 iPhones, I have had the iPod Touch gen 1 since release day and have owned 2 Android devices. My Droid X runs just as smooth. I am also running a custom ROM. My DX scrolls through homescreens and apps just as smooth as in the video you posted with the Focus. My ROM is optimized for performance.
    You're talking about ROMs like Rubix and Apex right? Those just make the phone faster. They don't make them more "smooth". It's hard to explain but it's easy to tell from videos. I've noticed the differences in fluidity/performance first hand when I compared my X to iOS and WP7 devices.

01-08-11 02:04 PM
    You're talking about ROMs like Rubix and Apex right? Those just make the phone faster. They don't make them more "smooth". It's hard to explain but it's easy to tell from videos. I've noticed the differences in fluidity/performance first hand when I compared my X to iOS and WP7 devices.

How does it not make them smoother? Scrolling is smooth, no stuttering. I keep animations off as well so everything is instant. I know what you are saying. Everything is fluid. WP7 is extremely smooth. I find my device to be just as good and it does 5x as much. I have used WP7 side by side and I find it to be the same. I will just agree to disagree because obviously we have different experiences.
    01-08-11 02:32 PM
    this is the second site i checked and they all they the revolution isn't dual core like the black http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-revolution-eyes lammeeee htc thunderbolt or bionic
    01-08-11 03:18 PM
    this is the second site i checked and they all they the revolution isn't dual core like the black http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-revolution-eyes lammeeee htc thunderbolt or bionic
    I know, I was really upset. I really like the Revolution but the lack of being dual core is making me pick the Bionic.
    01-08-11 04:09 PM
    Indeed it does. I chose this platform too for that and various other reasons. I have my X running smoother than iOS too, considering apples severe limitations as well.
    01-08-11 05:02 PM
    I just read someones comment over on Engadget and there may be some good news about the Bionic. He said eFuse is only available on OMAP processors, and since this is a Tegra 2 it wont have it. I'm not sure if Tegra chips don't have their own type of eFuse, but if not I am now super excited. No locked bootloader on this devices would be tits.
    01-09-11 06:53 PM
    I just read someones comment over on Engadget and there may be some good news about the Bionic. He said eFuse is only available on OMAP processors, and since this is a Tegra 2 it wont have it. I'm not sure if Tegra chips don't have their own type of eFuse, but if not I am now super excited. No locked bootloader on this devices would be tits.
    What does this mean lol?
    01-09-11 06:55 PM
    What does this mean lol?
    For hacking purposes, no locked bootloader would allow us to install custom kernels for overclocking and custom voltage settings increasing battery life without harming performance. We wont have to use Motos kernel. It also allows a permanent custom recovery. It also allows porting newest versions of Android with ease (not ease but it makes it fully possible, without a ridiculous amount of work, AOSP). Vanilla Android is going to be INSANE on this device. A port of Honeycomb once the Nexus S gets it should be relatively quick as well. This is if their is no eFuse type hardware/software on the Tegra 2 chip.
    jebulls likes this.
    01-09-11 07:22 PM
    Is Honeycomb coming to the Nexus S? I thought it was a tablet only os?
    01-09-11 07:35 PM
    Not sure about efuse, but it seems like the bionic is going to be just as hard to mod (at least initially) if not harder than the current moto devices.

This is a quote from Cell Zealot of team black hat.

"The bootloader is definitely going to be locked and the data authentication/service programming will also be locked via new methods. Loading firmware and baseband is also done via different interfaces and serviceware. It's a whole new ballgame for anyone who wants to mod these devices in any way at all."
    01-09-11 07:40 PM
    I think matias duarte confirmed in the Engadget interview that honeycomb is for phones as well.
    01-09-11 07:42 PM
    Honeycomb is for both tablets and smartphones.

Not sure about efuse, but it seems like the bionic is going to be just as hard to mod (at least initially) if not harder than the current moto devices.

This is a quote from Cell Zealot of team black hat.

"The bootloader is definitely going to be locked and the data authentication/service programming will also be locked via new methods. Loading firmware and baseband is also done via different interfaces and serviceware. It's a whole new ballgame for anyone who wants to mod these devices in any way at all."
    That is terrible. If I can't load ROMs I will be pissed. I can live with no custom kernels, but no ROMs is a deal breaker.
    01-10-11 01:51 AM
    Honeycomb is for both tablets and smartphones.

That is terrible. If I can't load ROMs I will be pissed. I can live with no custom kernels, but no ROMs is a deal breaker.
    Word. I'll have to be glued as to what the boys at Cyanogen might have up their sleeve.
    01-10-11 02:13 AM
    Word. I'll have to be glued as to what the boys at Cyanogen might have up their sleeve.
    Yea. If this is the case I may wait for Samsungs Orion device being announced at MWC. The Bionic shouldn't be out by then as well so I can see what's good.
    01-10-11 10:34 AM
    i want the thunderbolt! that ish is sexxxxy!
    01-10-11 10:40 AM
    i want the thunderbolt! that ish is sexxxxy!
    but the Thunderbolt only has 1 processor.. thats old school now a days lol
    01-10-11 02:50 PM
    i would be one happy customer to walk into verizon and buy a bionic if the rumors are true about it being unlock ^_^
    01-10-11 07:55 PM
    01-10-11 09:33 PM
165 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD