If the Prime really is on the horizon, the Bionic may be an afterthought, already.
    I think that it is an afterthought already. I mean some people are still gonna get it, but a good amount of the people that was talking about getting it has a Thunderbolt.

Couple that with a hefty price tag and phones like the Prime, Vigor, iPhone 5, and other rumored phones scheduled to hit the market, it definitely seems to have become an afterthought. IMO.
    09-08-11 05:37 PM
    I am guessing you mean the refreshed versions? If not, there will be much better device out by this time next year.
    No, what I said. I figured in a year both devices will have the bugs worked stand both will probably be free. Win-Win.

It's my new wireless strategy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 05:56 PM
    Remember when the Atrix came out and there was an uproar because it was priced at $249? One of my coworkers said ATT is now offering her one for free...
    09-08-11 05:59 PM
    Remember when the Atrix came out and there was an uproar because it was priced at $249? One of my coworkers said ATT is now offering her one for free...
    Yeah, I know that's just how it is with technology. You pay to be the first to get it!

09-08-11 06:02 PM
    No, what I said. I figured in a year both devices will have the bugs worked stand both will probably be free. Win-Win.

Not a bad idea. One year old devices can still do a lot. I can do more with my one year old Droid Incredible, than people I know with newer model Android phones.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 06:04 PM
    Well, I've been an early adaptor of the 9630 and the BOLT. The Tour was horrible for 1.5 years. The Bolt had bugs for about 4 months. Annoying to both!

The Bionic, being dual core, would still be an upgrade for me in a year. The Bold 9930, while not an upgrade, would get me back with BB.

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-10-11 at 06:06 AM.
    09-08-11 06:08 PM
    [QUOTE=JD914;6656419]

For example, HTC devices seem lack in call quality and signal strength while Motorola devices excel in this area, that's a fact.
    QUOTE]

I stick with HTC devices since leaving BB because signal strength and build quality seems superior to samsung and motorola. The 1st android I owned was a samsung galaxy S, then a droid 2, I eventually ended up with a HTC mytouch 4g even though t mobile has a weakest network around the area, the MT4G and now the sensation are the only devices that can make reliable calls from inside my house. Add on top of that the wifi calling it is a no brainer. I prefer network calls becaus the quality is better than on wifi. But samsung on sprint and motorola on big red, would not make consistent phone calls from inside my home. The 9700 I ditched to go to android will not ever make a phone call from inside unless you are standing close to 1 certain window. So not all devices are created equal and I firmly believe HTC has the best signal strenght of any high end devices. HTC does come up short in other areas. But signal strenght is by far the most important to me.
    09-09-11 10:19 PM
    Usually Motorla build quality is regarded above HTC. HTC usually has more releases and consequently higher specs.

09-09-11 10:24 PM
    moto > HTC in build/signal quality but HTC devices have been great for me
    09-09-11 10:35 PM
    moto > HTC in build/signal quality but HTC devices have been great for me
    Same here.. it'll be hard to convince me to upgrade out of my Incredible, unless the Prime really does knock my socks off (which I think is likely), completely.
    09-10-11 12:30 AM
    HTC needs to work on their radios, I agree. I was sitting in the next to my friend and he has a Sidekick 4G and he was getting 2-3 bars of services while I had none to maybe one. I think build quality is a wash though.

The biggest advantage HTC devices have over Motorola devices (IMO, anyway) is the fact of the LARGE support from the development community.
    09-10-11 12:33 AM
    HTC needs to work on their radios, I agree. I was sitting in the next to my friend and he has a Sidekick 4G and he was getting 2-3 bars of services while I had none to maybe one. I think build quality is a wash though.

The biggest advantage HTC devices have over Motorola devices (IMO, anyway) is the fact of the LARGE support from the development community.
    I think the last point is made possible through HTC's lax stance on them, by allowing unlocked bootloaders, for the most part.
    09-10-11 12:37 AM
    I will be getting a prime if it comes to VZW like rumored....unless the vigor comes out first and is the best phone ever made lol
    09-10-11 12:53 AM
    I will be getting a prime if it comes to VZW like rumored....unless the vigor comes out first and is the best phone ever made lol
    Talk about expectations ..haha

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-10-11 01:05 AM

Heh, good luck with that.

In a year from now, there should be more efficient LTE chips. In a year from now dual core technology in smartphones should be more efficient as well. Google will have more control over Moto. There will probably also be better screen tech as well.

I see the above as more of a Win-Win. Get a device that can be easily rooted and has no locked bootloader, and any bugs your device might have will be gone with the flash of a ROM or patched with dev community fixes.

IMO year old first gen tech is never a good idea to wait for. You are waiting for the buggiest of the buggy and 1st gen LTE tech to get better. Might as well get the newer improved second generation version.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-10-11 at 09:16 AM.
    09-10-11 09:12 AM
    Anyone have a specs list for the *rumored* Sprint Prime?
    09-10-11 12:20 PM
    In an year from now (probably first half of year), you should be seeing quad-core SoC's in smartphones. It's crazy.
    09-10-11 01:46 PM
    After saying I wouldn't upgrade yet... I did. Wound up getting the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-11-11 01:28 AM
    After saying I wouldn't upgrade yet... I did. Wound up getting the Bionic.

Lol! Well, how is it?!

09-11-11 07:16 AM
    Lol! Well, how is it?!

So far I like it. I thought my Droid Incredible that was rooted, running the latest version of CM7 was fast.
    This thing blows it out the water.
    After getting adjusted to the Pentile screen and larger display, my old phone seems like a small toy.

09-11-11 08:06 AM
    How big is the blur factor?
    09-11-11 09:37 AM
    How big is the blur factor?
    Since this is my first Moto device, I guess it's fine. Many say that it's nothing like Blur. I see some similarity between it and CM7. I'm running ADW EX as my launcher. Everything so far is fluid and fast.

09-11-11 09:45 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD