$299 is a little steep when comparative devices like the Photon and Atrix are priced at $199 and less. Is anyone going to pay such a hefty price for Verizons first dual core processor and 4G LTE device?

Verizon Wireless' Motorola DROID BIONIC launches September 8th, $299.99
    Last edited by JD914; 09-07-11 at 10:14 AM.
    09-07-11 09:12 AM
    I also think that is a hefty price for a phone specially on a contract with a 350 ETF.
    09-07-11 10:14 AM
    Meh, I wanted this device months ago. No longer interested at all, especially at $299.

I'll just wait for the new Samsung or iPhone 5.
    09-07-11 11:13 AM
    Looks like am awesome device! It's the phone that made me decide to leave BlackBerry!

However, I've decided to never be an early tester nor pay $250+ for a phone.

New models always have bug and are always too expensive, and the price always drops.

I've learned. When i can upgrade Nov 2012, I may get either the Droid Bionic or BlackBerry Bold Touch.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-07-11 at 12:17 PM.
    09-07-11 12:04 PM
    Kinda pricey, IMHO.
    09-07-11 12:15 PM
    Hands on Videos

Last edited by JD914; 09-07-11 at 12:31 PM.
    09-07-11 12:25 PM
    Just another ugly, Motorola phone, that will probably have a locked bootloader. I hope Google will have them change their designs.
    09-07-11 12:50 PM
    Just another ugly, Motorola phone, that will probably have a locked bootloader. I hope Google will have them change their designs.
    I'm sure the vast majority of users could care less about locked and unlocked bootloaders. The hacking community is but a minute fraction of people that own smartphones.

As for looks, thats in the eye of the beholder. Motorola as of late have been making quality devices with quality hardware as I'm sure the Bionic also is. Reviews after reviews have shown this. For example, HTC devices seem lack in call quality and signal strength while Motorola devices excel in this area, that's a fact.

I'm sure the Bionic isn't worth the $299.99 price but it sure is a quality device as the reviews are beginning to say.
    09-07-11 01:28 PM
    $299 is well above the price limit for what most people are willing to pay for a phone on contract period.... $199 is the magical price point, which is why most all phones fall equal to or less than that price point.
    09-07-11 01:34 PM
    Motorola makes some great devices, but it seems they need to understand pricing. Xoom, anyone?
    09-07-11 01:55 PM
    I'll pass.... until I'm really compelled to upgrade. I've been happy with my Incredible to say the least

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 02:09 PM
    I'm sure the vast majority of users could care less about locked and unlocked bootloaders. The hacking community is but a minute fraction of people that own smartphones.

As for looks, thats in the eye of the beholder. Motorola as of late have been making quality devices with quality hardware as I'm sure the Bionic also is. Reviews after reviews have shown this. For example, HTC devices seem lack in call quality and signal strength while Motorola devices excel in this area, that's a fact.

I'm sure the Bionic isn't worth the $299.99 price but it sure is a quality device as the reviews are beginning to say.
    Beauty, is indeed, in the eye of the beer holder. So, while I might not be interested in bringing this pig home at 2:00 in the morning, you may very well be.

As far as the locked bootloader goes. I agree, that Joe Public phone buyer, doesn't really care about that, but here in the forums, I think it's a different story.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-07-11 at 02:29 PM.
    09-07-11 02:13 PM
    It will have a price drop regardless, eventually... It will never see mass adoption at $299, even if it was the greatest phone ever made and was not trumped for over 6 months down the road (of course that isn't true and by the time the initial hype is gone and the price lowers, better handsets will launch for equal to the lowered price, or lower than that).

Motorola sucks at pricing....
    09-07-11 02:18 PM
    apparently Verizon isnt planning on selling many of them either. My best friend is a district manager and said most of his stores got less then 10 each... most of which only got 5 or 6.
    09-07-11 02:34 PM
    I hope all the people waiting for this phone enjoy it. If I didn't get the thunderbolt I think I would get this.
    09-07-11 02:42 PM
    I'll pass.... until I'm really compelled to upgrade. I've been happy with my Incredible to say the least

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    I agree. My Incredible is by far the best phone I've had. I had an affair with an iPhone 4 that lasted a week and I was back on my Inc. It's gonna take a heck of a device to kick it out of my stable. I've been able for upgrade since July but nothing has really got my attention.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-07-11 02:43 PM
    I've been able for upgrade since July but nothing has really got my attention.
    Same here, and my wife's line since June. I'm currently waiting to see what the Prime and Vigor are going to be like.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-07-11 02:55 PM
    I wonder if its a sign of things to come. The Bold Touch was priced above what had become the de facto price for a top tier phone and now this one being priced high. It will be interesting to see if the new iPhone will stick to the $200 mark or will they make this same move?
    09-08-11 01:15 AM
    Way too much money for a 4G device when there is not a lot of 4g coverage. I would not own another Motorola device after the Droid X I had nothing but re booting on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 06:04 AM
    I've learned. When i can upgrade Nov 2012, I may get either the Droid Bionic or BlackBerry Bold Touch.
    I am guessing you mean the refreshed versions? If not, there will be much better device out by this time next year.
    09-08-11 07:08 AM
    Motorola as of late have been making quality devices with quality hardware as I'm sure the Bionic also is. Reviews after reviews have shown this. For example, HTC devices seem lack in call quality and signal strength while Motorola devices excel in this area, that's a fact.
    Both the Droid X and Droid had great build quality as well. Every Motorola device I have ever owned has been built like a tank or has had extremely good build quality.
    09-08-11 07:10 AM
    I was looking forward to getting it, but I'm not sure if i want to pay $300 for it.
    I'm sure the price will come down in the coming months.
    I definitely don't plan on paying that much money for a phone with a locked Boatloader.
    If it's locked, I may look into buying a Thunderbolt from someone without having to sign a new 2 year agreement.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 07:54 AM
    its already down to 199 at letstalk.com and amazonwireless.com and its 249 at wirefly.com
    09-08-11 09:52 AM
    If the Prime really is on the horizon, the Bionic may be an afterthought, already.
    09-08-11 09:58 AM
    Seems a lot of the cooperate stores are hiking prices up as late. Hope this isn't a sign that all high end phones will generally be 300 dollars on contract. That will suck the big one for people on somewhat a budget. Me and the wife's upgrade is the same day and if I get one, she gets one.....so 600 bucks is to rich for my blood!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 03:09 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD