will there be a 2nd edition/gen to this motorola droid like the Storm1 Storm2 ?!?!?!?
    12-19-09 09:27 PM
    The Droid one just came out! Will there be a Moto Droid 2? Yeah but it will be a while, IMO. The other Droids are coming!

will there be a 2nd edition/gen to this motorola droid like the Storm1 Storm2 ?!?!?!?
    12-19-09 09:32 PM
    the only reason the storm 2 came out was to fix the train wreck that the storm 1 was. The storm 2 is also a train wreck but its not as bad.

since the DROID is almost a flawless device there is no need to bring out a second gen one. you will see motorla bringing out more android based devices but they will most likely by under a different model name.
    12-19-09 09:48 PM
    the only reason the storm 2 came out was to fix the train wreck that the storm 1 was. The storm 2 is also a train wreck but its not as bad.

since the DROID is almost a flawless device there is no need to bring out a second gen one. you will see motorla bringing out more android based devices but they will most likely by under a different model name.
    I think you are right about the storm, but I think MOTO is going to have between 1.5-2.5 million sales at the end of this month. Coming out with a next gen droid may not hurt them financially at all. Besides....people know the DROID!
    12-19-09 11:02 PM

actually thereis a good reason for Motorola coming out with a droid 2, and that is because there is a good chance that Apple might put the new Tegra chip on the next iphone. Tegra is actually more powerful than both snapdragon and Omap3430 processor. Give me Droid 2 with Nvidia Tegra and Android 3 and i'll be good. Shoot look how apple updated the iphone hardware to keep up with technology.
    12-21-09 12:47 AM
    actually thereis a good reason for Motorola coming out with a droid 2, and that is because there is a good chance that Apple might put the new Tegra chip on the next iphone. Tegra is actually more powerful than both snapdragon and Omap3430 processor. Give me Droid 2 with Nvidia Tegra and Android 3 and i'll be good. Shoot look how apple updated the iphone hardware to keep up with technology.
    i can agree with this.

now that i think about it motorola likes to keep the same device names for ones that do well. look at how many different RAZR models there were.
    12-21-09 10:14 AM
    I hate to be the hit ******** about other peoples posts, but wtf is with your thread title? Did you want it to seem like you just found info related to a second Gen Droid?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 06:13 PM
    I hate to be the hit ******** about other peoples posts, but wtf is with your thread title? Did you want it to seem like you just found info related to a second Gen Droid?

+1 delete or lock this thread
    12-21-09 06:29 PM
    +1 delete or lock this thread
    +2
    I'm sick of clicking on crap that looks like huge find or announcement just to find it's nothing of any consequence.

If it's a ? Put a ? Mark and nothing else.

12-21-09 06:41 PM

12-22-09 06:34 AM

really? my thoughts exactly
    12-22-09 10:24 AM

seems like that's what your doing, but since as the thread title is being misunderstood and you don't understand me so let me explain. i was merely wanting to know if the Motorola Droid was gonna have a 2nd Gen in the works just like the a couple devices now out. The Storm had 3 Gens (9500-9530-9520/9550) correct me if i am wrong, then there is the iPhone (2G-3G-3Gs). i plan on owning a Droid but don't wanna get it yet if there might be a 'possible' in the future. But sorry maybe i should have checked somewhere else, it's probably on the web, like a damn tarantula.
    12-22-09 12:39 PM
    Storm had 2 generations, Storm 1 and Storm2

9500/9520 is the S1 & S2 for GSM carriers only

9530/9550 is the S1 & S2 for CDMA carriers

Additionally, I wouldn't consider the Storm2 a train wreck. Yes, we just got a leak, but aside from some small quirks (Just like your precious Droid has) we have a very solid device that works very well.

Quite honestly, if the Droid didn't have that physical keyboard, I would have made the switch too, but I'm looking for a touch only device, not a texting phone.
    12-22-09 12:46 PM
    seems like that's what your doing, but since as the thread title is being misunderstood and you don't understand me so let me explain. i was merely wanting to know if the Motorola Droid was gonna have a 2nd Gen in the works just like the a couple devices now out. The Storm had 3 Gens (9500-9530-9520/9550) correct me if i am wrong, then there is the iPhone (2G-3G-3Gs). i plan on owning a Droid but don't wanna get it yet if there might be a 'possible' in the future. But sorry maybe i should have checked somewhere else, it's probably on the web, like a damn tarantula.
    I understand you perfectly. Your thread title is misleading. That is all.
    12-22-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD