motorola droid sells 400,000 i posted one that said it was only 100,000 guess i left out a few companies Motorola Droid Not as Lifeless as First Thought | Telecom | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com
    11-12-09 07:33 AM
    So this is not a solid number, it's an estimate from some guy.
    11-12-09 08:42 AM
    lol yea pretty much, i mean its his job to do this but yes, it is some guy i would have to say.
    11-12-09 09:57 AM
    The 400,000 estimate guy makes a good point. The original guy that estimated the 100,000 number using the "1/2 Verizon store stock sold = 1/2 Verizon stock sold" seems to have completely forgotten about Best Buy and the other resellers.

Best Buy and the other resellers do have their own line of stock from Motorola, right? I can't see them having to be completely dependent on Verizon distribution more stock to them.
    11-12-09 12:15 PM
    it sounds very plausible but i forget sometimes im on cb so bb users seem to take it to heart if you say another device other then a bb is doing ok, its not like 400,000 is crazy outstanding like the over 1 million iphones sold in one weekend crazy, but it is good
    11-12-09 12:18 PM
    it sounds very plausible but i forget sometimes im on cb so bb users seem to take it to heart if you say another device other then a bb is doing ok, its not like 400,000 is crazy outstanding like the over 1 million iphones sold in one weekend crazy, but it is good
    Lets remember that the iPhone's 1 million number includes multiple carriers in multiple countries, whereas the Droid's is only in the US and on Verizon.

There's a bit of hypocrisy in iPhone fanboys using that number. They wave it around like a success giant flag, but when analysts show that a BlackBerry is the #1 selling smartphone, iPhone fanboys complain that it's because it's on multiple carriers.
    11-12-09 12:35 PM
    Blackberry has like 16+ devices compared to apple's 3, they better be the #1 selling smart phone.
    11-12-09 12:50 PM
    Lets remember that the iPhone's 1 million number includes multiple carriers in multiple countries, whereas the Droid's is only in the US and on Verizon.

There's a bit of hypocrisy in iPhone fanboys using that number. They wave it around like a success giant flag, but when analysts show that a BlackBerry is the #1 selling smartphone, iPhone fanboys complain that it's because it's on multiple carriers.
    excellent and GREAT observation. People don't take the time to analyze raw numbers because when they do, it tells a whole other story : )
    11-12-09 01:11 PM

that is a very solid point you made in this post, its isnt to hard to sell 1 million phones on opening weekend when the device is fairly popular and has the advantage being sold in almost 20 different countries (not fact just a point). so i believe the droid had a very solid showing with 400,000, and im sure the next droid will have even better numbers then that, this phone has no where to go but up with such a good start. there arent to many bugs with the phone and not to many are complaining about making the move to the device as well.
    Last edited by phonemaster123; 11-14-09 at 05:24 AM.
    11-14-09 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD