I would think that these cases cant scratcht the pda..right?
    or that would be defeating the purpose..

i figure plastic wont scratch plastic..

i just got the gel hard case and figured this is the best bet..
    11-20-09 07:31 PM
    The gel case is a good bet; you'll be fine
    11-20-09 08:30 PM
    When I got my Droid, I bought Verizon's clear hard plastic case. I kind of hate it. I was thinking about taking it back for something else but they didn't have much in the store. Just those hard cases and the leather holster that looked huge.

Any one else hate the plastic hard case? Where did you find that gel case for it?
    11-21-09 09:23 AM
    I used the blue plastic hard case from Verizon and it made the droid hard to open (not that I ever need to lol!) so I exchanged it for the 29 dollar black mod looking thing (with the holster) and it turns out it was a quality thing. I don't use the holster but the new case doesn't impede the sliding action and it looks like part of the phone (black on black always look good though) It looks like there are lots of new styles showing up online, it will be interesting to see what is available in a month?
    11-21-09 10:29 AM
    There is also a case+holster combo that seems really good. Some stuff you may have to order at the store, then have it shipped to your house. But the 3-4 day wait period to be happy is well worth it.
    11-21-09 10:55 AM
    You're, right. I agree and prefer the soft silicon like cases.

I used one for my old storm and the boxwave screen guard (main intent was to deter greasy finger marks... mission accomplished). Just ordered another one for my droid from them too.
    11-21-09 10:59 AM
    I like the hardshell/clip
    11-21-09 03:48 PM
    I have the gel case from Verizon. It is a hybrid hard rubber/plastic case, and it is very good.

There are only two drawbacks that I can think of:

It cuts down on some of the space available above the top row of keys on the physical keyboard.

You have to take the case off to use either car dock or multimedia dock.
    11-21-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD