i just don't know about phones these days and need a helping hand! note: i am from the uk, there is a shortage of android phones. all i was it to do is hopefully have a keyboard but if not i will be an external one, have the eligability to upgrade to latest os updates, have widgets to make my screen pretty.. please help! peace out x
    01-31-12 03:46 PM
    Either the Galaxy Nexus or the Droid RAZR Maxx. The GN is pure Google which has plenty of benefits, and the RAZR Maxx has ridiculous battery life.

Neither of them have keyboards, but nowadays keyboards are a dying trend for Androids so that's something you would have to get used to if you were to make the switch.
    01-31-12 03:53 PM
    yeah that's what i thought while i was searching, i'd get like a bluetooth keypad i think thankyou!
    01-31-12 04:37 PM
    Or wait till late Feb when Mobile World Congress will be announcing all the new phones coming out.
    ria__x likes this.
    01-31-12 08:29 PM
    I think that no one can tell you exactly... do some research.. when you have a few models on your mind then go to a store and test them out..
    ria__x likes this.
    01-31-12 11:10 PM
    i just don't know about phones these days and need a helping hand! note: i am from the uk, there is a shortage of android phones. all i was it to do is hopefully have a keyboard but if not i will be an external one, have the eligability to upgrade to latest os updates, have widgets to make my screen pretty.. please help! peace out x
    There is one T-Mobile phone that I found that suited me and that was the G2. I had one a long time ago and sold it and then after trying everything from the Sensation, Galaxy S 4G and others I went and bought a new G2 about a month ago.

It has a keyboard, trackpad, notification LED. These are the things I missed from my 9900 and it is almost pure Android, you can modify as you please and if you root you can safely run it at 1.2GHz but I find it is fast enough as it is, it even boots much faster than the Sensation. And if you buy the EVO 4G 1900mAh battery for it, you can easily get 2 days without charging which is better than my 9900.
    ria__x likes this.
    02-01-12 08:00 AM
    I agree with the above poster, the G2 was a solid phone. If you don't need a physical keyboard, however, and you wanted to try out an older generation phone before getting immersed in high end Androids, I'd definitely suggest the MyTouch 4G. That was one solid phone, and even though I have one of the best phones T-Mo currently offers, the Amaze, I still sometimes miss my MT4G.
    ria__x likes this.
    02-01-12 09:51 AM
    Non keyboard, galaxy s2 is your best bet on tmobile, no question...

Avoid the MT4G Slide, the battery life blows and the keyboard isn't very good, so it defeats the point of having it.
    ria__x likes this.
    02-01-12 01:20 PM
    There aren't many great T-Mobile Android's with keyboards. The G2 was probably the best, but it's a bit old. If you don't mind a very skinned experience, the Sidekick 4G also meets your needs.
    ria__x likes this.
    02-01-12 02:29 PM
    thankyou for all the suggestions. i think this g2 and sidekick sound quite good, seeing as i will be an android newb! still love blackberry but you know what, think i might be a 2 phoner person
    02-01-12 05:14 PM
    Imo, avoid the sidekick 4g unless you are willing to mess with it a lot.

The stock roms have some freezing issues. You have to be able to mess with the phone a bit to get it stable (also it doesn't currently have Gingerbread support).

Also flashing the sidekick with custom roms isn't as easy as some other phones because of the way you have to flash it. You have to set your mounts to a particular state before and after flashing, otherwise it will bootloop and you have to Odin back to stock and start over. But then it depends on if the kernel you are using has voodoo or not...

If it sounds complicated it's because it kinda is...
    ria__x likes this.
    02-01-12 05:29 PM
    Imo, avoid the sidekick 4g unless you are willing to mess with it a lot.

The stock roms have some freezing issues. You have to be able to mess with the phone a bit to get it stable (also it doesn't currently have Gingerbread support).

Also flashing the sidekick with custom roms isn't as easy as some other phones because of the way you have to flash it. You have to set your mounts to a particular state before and after flashing, otherwise it will bootloop and you have to Odin back to stock and start over. But then it depends on if the kernel you are using has voodoo or not...

If it sounds complicated it's because it kinda is...
    i got used to blackberry, i can get used to android btw i'mma gonna be stalking you for help when i get my phone hahaha
    02-01-12 05:42 PM
    Nice thing about the sk4g is that the keyboard is easily better than the other android phones and the slider mechanism is solid (unlike the g2). Negative is the camera, non amoled screen and learning curve getting the phone to run smooth.
    ria__x likes this.
    02-01-12 11:31 PM
    there is a shortage of android phones.
    Not even possible.

Have you looked at the phones your carrier provides? Why not try going to the store and messing with phones and then doing some research on the ones you like? After that you can make a decision based on your own needs/wants out of your phone on a daily basis. Just my two cents.
    ria__x likes this.
    02-02-12 12:39 AM
    wait for s3 or get the htc one .... very good phone
    ria__x likes this.
    02-29-12 09:44 PM
    well what d'ya know. got myself a new contract with orange for bb 9900 :$ and you know what, am loving it.. lol! i may sell my other bb though to put towards an android phone cause i am still intrigued. would probs get the sk4g imported from us.. thanks for all the help guys
    03-01-12 09:25 AM
    I wouldn't recommend the sk4g until they get gingerbread on it anyways. The froyo builds are pretty unstable.
    03-01-12 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD