So i really love my BB8900. It has worked great for me.

I am a professional, however I like fun stuff too, hence me looking at the Incredible. I am in love with its speed and web experience, as well as the multi homescreens, widgets, etc.

I know that no one can compare with BB push service. I know i am already giving up something when it comes to keyboards, but I think i can adapt to the Incredibles keyboard.

My question is, can anyone explain to me how email works on Incredible. I am not a gmail user. My non profit uses web based email and i still have my college email accounts (also web based). I know I won't get "push" per sey, but is there something reasonably close?

Any help is appreciated.
    05-29-10 06:47 PM
    So i really love my BB8900. It has worked great for me.

I am a professional, however I like fun stuff too, hence me looking at the Incredible...
    The only thing Incredible about switching to Android would be an Incredible mistake
    Wait for BB OS6 and upgrade to a Bold or Storm.
    05-30-10 01:04 AM
    The only thing Incredible about switching to Android would be an Incredible mistake
    Wait for BB OS6 and upgrade to a Bold or Storm.
    Android 2.2 (froyo)>Any blackberry OS
    05-30-10 02:32 AM
    Jake, lol, i love my BB, dont worry about that! I wouldn't mind having both phones. But i definitely need to understand how the email works because it is very important to me.
    05-31-10 10:36 PM
    No one can explain how the email works huh?
    06-01-10 10:09 PM
    You can set up HTC Mail to handle IMAP, POP3, and Exchange accounts. I'm not sure if you can get push.

Check the user guide here: http://member.america.htc.com/downlo...VZW_WWE_UM.pdf

**LINK IS A PDF**
    06-01-10 10:24 PM
    thanks Sail4fun201!
    06-02-10 02:02 PM
    my main concern is push..or whatever is close to it because i know they don't have push. but my company doesn't use corporate email, it uses web based so im trying to figure out about how fast the notifications are for such things as web based mail.
    06-02-10 02:04 PM
    The native Android email app has Exchange Direct Push with Active Sync. I use it on my Moment when I don't want to carry my crackberry with me. It can be set for push, which chews battery like you wouldn't believe, or to poll every 5mins to 24 hours, depending on what you set it too. There are a few apps out there that have good exchange sync capabilities, but they are paid apps.

Moxier is one that comes on the Moment. It looks nice, syncs everything, Mail, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc, but it is a battery/resource hog, in personal experience. It goes for $24.95 in the Market

TouchDown is another app that does the same thing as Moxier. I don't have any experience with that one yet, but that has a 30 day trial and then it is $10.

When it comes to the Exchange email experience nothing, besides a WinMo, comes close to the experience you get with a BB. I love my Android and I wish it worked better with Exchange, but that will come with time.

EDIT: Touchdown is $19.99 and comes with a 5 day trial, according to the Market, but once the install is completem it is for 30 days.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 06-02-10 at 02:49 PM.
    06-02-10 02:33 PM
    my main concern is push..or whatever is close to it because i know they don't have push. but my company doesn't use corporate email, it uses web based so im trying to figure out about how fast the notifications are for such things as web based mail.
    how do you have your blackberry setup to retrieve your company email? you'll need to have those settings handy in order to setup your android device.

if they provide you with a mail.company.com and a user id / password then you may be able to set it up as push on your android phone.

if they provide you with smtp or imap stuff then you may be able to forward it through gmail so it's push while still retaining the appearance of coming from your company mail and being sent from your company mail.

it all depends on how your company email is setup to determine whether you can get activesync, forward through gmail, or just use pop3 polling every 5 mins to retrieve your mail.

for everything other than email there really isn't a comparison between the incredible and a blackberry.
    06-02-10 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD