Between android,apple,and blackberry which one of these brands,has the best,and secure messaging platform??
    03-31-12 03:20 PM
    Blackberry.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G
    03-31-12 03:33 PM
    Even though I've moved on to Android from years of using a Blackberry, I still miss the messaging features of my Blackberry. I miss the ability to quickly send emails off to a contact or group. I could type any part of the contact's name or title, and the contact would appear in the To: field. The calendar share features are better on Blackberry as well.
    Other than that, I'm truly enjoying Android.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    03-31-12 06:33 PM
    BlackBerry is best for messaging, email, and phone call quality.
    03-31-12 06:44 PM
    For secure messaging (BBM), BB. For everything else, that's just preference.
    03-31-12 06:48 PM
    Like a previous poster, I've been on Android since moving over from blackberry. I've used Android since fall 2010. I still prefer blackberry messaging, both texts and emails. However, Android meets my other needs so I stick with it

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    04-01-12 03:06 AM
    Install an app called exdialer or youlu. You'll be able to send messages to groups, etc. I think you're limited to 10 recipients at a time.

With youlu, you can send I think as many as you want. I use youlu to send my HS soccer team a mass text and there's 31 people in that group.
    04-01-12 01:06 PM
    BlackBerry is the most secure and efficient. That's what I value in a phone right now.

For entertainment and media, Android.
    04-01-12 01:15 PM
    These comparisons are silly.

As avt123 stated, it's a preference. What works best for one, may not work best for someone else.
    avt123 likes this.
    04-01-12 05:12 PM
    There still is no one phone that does everything best, I don't care what people say.... They all do something poorly.
    avt123 and lssanjose like this.
    04-01-12 05:20 PM
    True. But the OP specifically asked for best and Secure messaging. And they asked on a BlackBerry site. I do think messaging is much quicker on a BlackBerry compared to my Android.
    04-01-12 08:33 PM
    Messaging, universal search, email (other than the fact that its harder to manage older emails that weren't received previously), hardware shortcuts, trackpad and touchscreen nav (the android trackpads are a joke) and general ui navigation I all like better on BB.

On android I like adblockers, flash, faster 3rd party browsers (android native browser up to GB kinda sucks), games (don't play them on my phone much though), and app update process is faster. Also android handles apps that are crashing better than BB does.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by papped; 04-02-12 at 02:01 PM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-01-12 10:18 PM

blackberries have the best security.

all other phones send messages over the network unencrypted.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-01-12 10:31 PM
    agreed. Bb hands down is the clear winner. I am double fisting and I always wonder who is looking at the info on my Droid, which is why I have no sensitive info on my Android
    04-02-12 11:59 AM
    agreed. Bb hands down is the clear winner. I am double fisting and I always wonder who is looking at the info on my Droid, which is why I have no sensitive info on my Android

Ouch!

Last edited by phoreoneone; 04-02-12 at 05:10 PM.
    04-02-12 12:15 PM
    OUCH!

doesn't that hurt?!?!?!?!

I agree. Android and iToy are garbage next to BlackBerry. Tools, not toys.
    04-02-12 12:30 PM
    Looks like toys are outselling tools quite a bit .
    04-02-12 03:47 PM
    Looks like toys are outselling tools quite a bit .
    Yea, that's the low level of the American consumer market. Droid. A-doi.
    04-02-12 04:58 PM
    They are all great devices. Android and the iPhone are not garbage. The iPhone and many of the Android devices have higher satisfaction ratings, and can do more than a BB.

Turn it down a notch and realize that BB is just your preference, and just because it is, that doesn't make other platforms bad. That just means BB is best for you.
    04-02-12 05:43 PM
    For messaging only, and for secure messaging (whatever that consists of) I'm sure BB is still excellent. Its claim to fame always was email. For me, most email is garbage. But for my friend in the title business, they get 50-60 emails/day that have to be read and responded to, so she has a work BB. But guess what, for personal it's an iPhone. The CEO recently implied that Blackberry may have been trying to do too many things, and that it would probably go back to serving the business market primarily. The Pearl came out late 2005 I think, and BB has been on the losing for the consumer market for at least 3-5 years.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 04-02-12 at 05:55 PM.
    04-02-12 05:52 PM
    Yea, that's the low level of the American consumer market. Droid. A-doi.
    It would be very easy right now to to pick on RIM and say BB is total garbage buts its not. Like AVT said, not because you prefer one platform,the others are garbage.
    04-02-12 05:52 PM
    They are all great devices. Android and the iPhone are not garbage. The iPhone and many of the Android devices have higher satisfaction ratings, and can do more than a BB.

Turn it down a notch and realize that BB is just your preference, and just because it is, that doesn't make other platforms bad. That just means BB is best for you.
    You're wasting your time. I'm sure you realize you're responding to one of the biggest trolls on cb.
    04-02-12 05:59 PM
    Tonis is a huge troll, no question about that. Him and Belfast are some cereal folks, lo!

With that said BB is better for messaging, hands down IMO.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 09:45 PM
    Tonis is a huge troll, no question about that. Him and Belfast are some cereal folks, lo!

With that said BB is better for messaging, hands down IMO.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
    This is a personal attack. I'm switching to the full browser to click the "report" button.
    04-04-12 09:49 PM
    Wow, what a great question for a thread! To be honest, I'm not sure. I can only personally speak for BlackBerry - that messaging platform works well. However, I have fooled around with an LG Phoenix and the text was pretty much instantaneous. I think all these platforms are built with such precision and care that any messaging system on those devices would work well. I can send messages back and forth between my phone and users with iPhones and Androids and things work very well.
    04-04-12 09:50 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD