Is the market supposed to work while on WIFI?
    For some reason I can only browse. As soon as I start a download it just hangs at the downloading screen and never moves.

While I'm on the WIFI questions...does anyone else notice low signal strength on the phone even if your router is right next to you?

One more quick one...I have my app updates set to notify me when they are available. However it's only once in a while that I'm updated. But if I look in market>downloads there is always an app or two that has an update available.
    Why does my phone only notify me once in a while?
    12-24-09 08:29 AM
    Market needs your credentials to download apps. I Beleive. So WiFi and Market a NO GO.
    The reason it needs your credentials (your gmail info) is simple if your purchase an app the transaction is fairly transparent.
    12-24-09 09:08 AM
    Your phone is defective and needs to be replaced. I could almost never get my Droid to download updates or Apps from the Market when using wifi. It would just sit at "starting download" forever. After I got a replacement from Verizon the wifi on the new phone works just fine.
    12-24-09 01:04 PM
    Your phone is defective and needs to be replaced. I could almost never get my Droid to download updates or Apps from the Market when using wifi. It would just sit at "starting download" forever. After I got a replacement from Verizon the wifi on the new phone works just fine.
    My first Droid didn't use Wifi for Market downloads. My replacement Droid does.

I thought it was due to the 2.0.1 update, though I could be wrong.
    Last edited by xliderider; 12-24-09 at 03:26 PM.
    12-24-09 01:17 PM
    My replacement phone didn't even have the 2.0.1 update when I first got it. But wifi still worked fine when using the App Market.

My previous Droid failed during the OTA update and that was the real reason I had it replaced. It would never see the update as being available anymore after it crashed in the middle of it.

I think you have tons of Droiod phones that are defective judging from the amount of posts on Motorola's support forums. That would explain why my replacement Droid behaves totally different than my original Droid. If something doesn't seem right about your Droid just get it replaced because its probably a lemon.
    12-24-09 01:38 PM
    Damn that's not good news. What's the best way to get a replacement?
    12-24-09 01:38 PM
    I doubt you actually need a replacement. Try doing a factory reset before you resort to returning it.
    12-24-09 01:40 PM
    I doubt you actually need a replacement. Try doing a factory reset before you resort to returning it.
    I tried that about a week ago. Made no difference.
    12-24-09 01:42 PM
    I just kept calling Verizon and complaining because I knew something wasn't right with my Droid. They eventually got tired of it and finally replaced the phone.

When I would describe my problems on different forums people with working phones would say I was making it up. But wifi not working with the App Market was the first dead giveaway I had a lemon. Then the OTA update failed to install and wouldn't come back. I even tried to doing a factory wipe and even it failed and didn't erase anything. My touchscreen would open Apps on its own without me even touching the phone. And my power button seemed really mushy to the touch like my phone was a refurb someone had been using for months already but the phone was supposed to be brand new.
    12-24-09 01:50 PM
    That's weird. I don't have all of that going on but lately my phone has been force closing everything! I figured it was this app or that app so I uninstalled everything. Didn't help. That's when I decided to reset to default. It forced closed the car mode within minutes after the reset.
    12-24-09 01:57 PM
    I had the same problem of apps not responding asking me to force close all the time. Or some android.process.acore crashing and needing to be closed.

None of that has happened with my replacement Droid yet.
    12-24-09 02:06 PM
    I had the same problem of apps not responding asking me to force close all the time. Or some android.process.acore crashing and needing to be closed.

None of that has happened with my replacement Droid yet.
    My first Droid was having random reboots, so I got a new one.
    12-24-09 03:25 PM
    Did they send you guys new ones or are we into the refurb process already?
    12-24-09 06:11 PM
    I got a new one, went to a corporate store.
    12-24-09 06:24 PM
    Mine looked brand new but if it even looked like a refurb I would've sent it back.
    12-24-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD