I'm looking forward to the release of the SGS3. This might be my next Android device if it stands apart from the competition.

Samsung Will Unveil 'Next Galaxy' in London on May 3 | TechnoBuffalo
    04-16-12 02:44 PM
    That's the unveiling, not the release date. Rumor has it that it will release in Europe/Asia in May, but may not see the states till June/July. By then something better should be rumored, until then my Galaxy Nexus will fine ;p
    04-16-12 05:19 PM
    Excited to see what Samsung brings to the table. This may be my next.
    04-16-12 06:44 PM
    Avengers?......
    04-16-12 10:37 PM
    That's the unveiling, not the release date. Rumor has it that it will release in Europe/Asia in May, but may not see the states till June/July. By then something better should be rumored, until then my Galaxy Nexus will fine ;p
    I thought the article said it was supposed to be released in New York at the same time.
    04-16-12 11:24 PM
    It is possible, but everything that I read up to this point indicated that it would release overseas in May, but not hit the states until June/July. The BGR report is the first that mentions a NY unveiling in May, but as with all of the others, that is also a rumor. Guess only time will tell, hopefully whenever it comes out, there will be a good stock ICS available.
    04-17-12 10:37 AM
    Latest rumor, may not be what those waiting for the Galaxy III was to bring to the table
    Rumor: Samsung Galaxy S III to be a “minor upgrade” over Galaxy S II
    04-17-12 12:44 PM
    I wonder about the release date. Hopefully it will not be too long of a wait.

@CNETNews: Samsung to unveil Galaxy S III today. We'll live-blog at 11 am PT/2 pm ET, and will have full coverage following Samsung to announce Galaxy S III today (live blog) | Mobile - CNET News
    05-03-12 10:43 AM
    It is possible, but everything that I read up to this point indicated that it would release overseas in May, but not hit the states until June/July. The BGR report is the first that mentions a NY unveiling in May, but as with all of the others, that is also a rumor. Guess only time will tell, hopefully whenever it comes out, there will be a good stock ICS available.
    Yeah what I read is that SIII will come with ICS 4.0
    05-03-12 11:53 AM
    Maybe better RF? That would be a plus.
    05-03-12 12:54 PM
    05-03-12 01:49 PM
    With all due respect, nothing really mind blowing to write home about. I am now more excited about bb10 and coming back to bberry.
    05-03-12 02:49 PM
    Big disappointment. I would have liked to have seen a unibody polycarbonate body like the Lumia 900 (which i own) or the HTC One X. The bezel which looks like metal is also made of plastic. The age of the cheap plastic housing is over. I'm convinced that Samsung will only make high spec devices with low build quality. The bar has been raised and Samsung failed to impress. Can't wait to hear the reviews.
    05-03-12 03:01 PM
    IMO this device was more overhyped than the iPhone 4S...

This makes me happy I didn't wait for this device and took the Galaxy Nexus a few months ago.

Same display and it's not a Super AMOLED Plus. The Exynos is nice though...
    Last edited by avt123; 05-03-12 at 03:06 PM.
    05-03-12 03:04 PM
    IMO this device was more overhyped than the iPhone 4S...

This makes me happy I didn't wait for this device and took the Galaxy Nexus a few months ago.

Same display and it's not a Super AMOLED Plus. The Exynos is nice though...
    The Galaxy Nexus is a better value hands down over The Galaxy S III and it's available on the Google Play Store unlocked for $399.
    05-03-12 03:12 PM
    The Galaxy Nexus is a better value hands down over The Galaxy S III and it's available on the Google Play Store unlocked for $399.
    Agreed. The SGS 3 really looks like a cheap POS. Samsung needs to step it up in the materials department.

I'll take the One X over this thing any day.
    05-03-12 03:23 PM
    Man, all the talk about this device in other forums and seems like.....that's it.

Oh well, I didn't even like the S2 and opted for the Amaze as I couldn't stand touchwiz or the bluish screen and of course the mostly all plastic build.

Happy with my decision.....even with this coming out now.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-12 04:17 PM
    Holy crap, what an ugly phone. One X looks SO much better.
    05-03-12 11:47 PM
    Funny how they are echoing exactly what I have said about this device. I'm listening to the Vergecast and they are basically saying that this device failed to impress. I'm sure theres more bashing that the GS3 is going to encounter.

at the 15 minute mark
    Last edited by JD914; 05-04-12 at 05:21 PM.
    05-04-12 05:16 PM
    It looks like a budget tmobilie mytouch device...
    05-04-12 06:18 PM
    Holy crap, what an ugly phone. One X looks SO much better.
    Absolutely. By the way, even the Phandroid community are showing a lot of displeasure for the S3, and not just because of appearance.

My only beef with the HTC One's is that they did away with both removable battery and expandable storage. Considering most custom ROM flashing is done via removable SD cards, I can't see the rooting community wanting to support this phone as they will others.
    05-05-12 06:49 AM
    Absolutely. By the way, even the Phandroid community are showing a lot of displeasure for the S3, and not just because of appearance.

My only beef with the HTC One's is that they did away with both removable battery and expandable storage. Considering most custom ROM flashing is done via removable SD cards, I can't see the rooting community wanting to support this phone as they will others.
    This is going to be the future trend. Apple, Nokia and now HTC are doing this. I'm figuring only low end devices are going to have removable batteries. I personally would have liked to see the SG3 with a solid unibody polycarbonate construction like the Lumia 900, it would probably have gotten better acclaim then the same old flimsy battery door design.

as far as flashing with SD cards, my HP touchpad runs ICS and there's no SD card on it and I'm able to flash custom ROM"s on it without any problems so this really wont be an issue for the modding community.
    05-05-12 09:35 AM
    Considering most custom ROM flashing is done via removable SD cards, I can't see the rooting community wanting to support this phone as they will others.
    The Galaxy Nexus has no sdcard support and flashing ROMs is super easy. It's exactly the same process. Download ROM, load recovery, flash ROM, boot up and you're done.
    Last edited by avt123; 05-05-12 at 12:45 PM.
    05-05-12 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD