I finally caved in and decided to switch devices. I had the Tour for a year and until recently I was tired of having to wait for the hour glass to go away when I tried to do something. I did everything from clearing log files to memory booster programs. The phone just couldn't seem to keep up with the pace I was going. Not to mention the trackball issues I had with it and all verizon could tell me to do was wipe the device to try and fix it. I got the HTC Incredible on friday and I honestly can tell you I haven't put this thing down yet. I have been up constantly playing around with it and loading apps on it. I cant believe the speed this phone has. no waiting and webpages load FASSSSSSSSSSSST. I just wanted to express my happiness. I don't regret the move one bit.
    10-17-10 04:14 AM
    I would like a faster browser for sure. I use my BlackBerry for all my internering. Other than that, what are you doing on your phone that you're constantly playing around on it? I don't want to be on my phone constantly. I just to be able to look things up and use it as a tool. I may try a Driod and see if the web if that much better than BlackBerry. I'm definitely sick of BlackBerry browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 05:26 AM
    Welcome to the fast life...
    10-17-10 08:21 AM
    With Android device, there are endless ways to customize your 5-7 hme screens. That you can spend hours on right there. Let alone just trying out different widgets and apps. Learrning the Android OS is a different leaning curve than the Blackberry OS. It a little longer to pick up the menu structure and shortcuts.
    10-17-10 08:23 AM
    There's a whole new world of apps you never even dreamed of when you were using a BB. Everything from games to productivity apps, to cool things like Google sky map that moves as you do to show you everything you're looking at and what it is in the night sky.

I hardly ever put my Droid 2 down. There's always something interesting to do whether it is hopping on the internet, playing a game, social media/IM programs, calling someone, etc.

I was glad to be using something other than my slow, laggy Tour. If you're a BBM addict, you might miss that. Otherwise I don't miss a thing about the BB experience. Some folks like to say it is more difficult to use contacts and so forth, but it couldn't be much easier. I don't see what the fuss is about. This thing loads full html pages or even pages with flash quicker than my Tour's standard browser would load wap sites.

So, OP, what are your thoughts about the D Inc? Why did you choose that one vs the host of other options? Just curious.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-17-10 at 08:53 AM.
    10-17-10 08:50 AM
    Welcome to the good life, nice to see another bb user that's not stuck in the cloud of denial.
    10-17-10 09:27 AM
    Glad to see another one move on while research is standing still. Welcome to android.

10-17-10 10:17 AM
    Congrats. You wont be sorry. Only advice that id give is, don't expect things o
    to be where they were on a bb. In other words get rid of the bb mentality. And you'll be just fine.

10-17-10 10:46 AM
    ^^Well said.
    10-17-10 11:05 AM
    Congrats. You wont be sorry. Only advice that id give is, don't expect things o
    to be where they were on a bb. In other words get rid of the bb mentality. And you'll be just fine.

I don't have a BB mentality at all. I'm openminded to new and improved or whatever can make things easier. Appreciate it though
    10-17-10 03:12 PM
    I would like a faster browser for sure. I use my BlackBerry for all my internering. Other than that, what are you doing on your phone that you're constantly playing around on it? I don't want to be on my phone constantly. I just to be able to look things up and use it as a tool. I may try a Driod and see if the web if that much better than BlackBerry. I'm definitely sick of BlackBerry browser.

Well if i'm on the phone and then i hang up and try to go to check mail or something i will get the hour glass like the phone call used up all my memory but i still have plenty. It sucks having to wait as if the phone has a hard drive and its loading something. Its just simple things like that. As far as web browsing, I guarantee its that much faster and a better experience. It loads everything exactly as it should be. You don't get the could not display errors or rendering errors like i would on the tour. Looking things up couldn't be easier either since it has those features built right in and not to mention the FREE, yes FREE navigation that you would normally have to pay $9.99 a month with the tour. Works great.
    10-17-10 03:16 PM
    There's a whole new world of apps you never even dreamed of when you were using a BB. Everything from games to productivity apps, to cool things like Google sky map that moves as you do to show you everything you're looking at and what it is in the night sky.

I hardly ever put my Droid 2 down. There's always something interesting to do whether it is hopping on the internet, playing a game, social media/IM programs, calling someone, etc.

I was glad to be using something other than my slow, laggy Tour. If you're a BBM addict, you might miss that. Otherwise I don't miss a thing about the BB experience. Some folks like to say it is more difficult to use contacts and so forth, but it couldn't be much easier. I don't see what the fuss is about. This thing loads full html pages or even pages with flash quicker than my Tour's standard browser would load wap sites.

So, OP, what are your thoughts about the D Inc? Why did you choose that one vs the host of other options? Just curious.
    Well I chose the DINC after doing a lot of research and reading. I have a co-worker that had gotten one and I really liked the form factor of it for one. It was also pretty much the same as the X but i didn't want a phone that big. Also reading up about the options the phone offered vs say the Galaxy S. It was a toss up between the 2 phones. I also looked at the droid 2 but that phone was a little bulkier due to the slide out keyboard. I don't find it difficult at all to use the keyboard on the DINC at all. Reminds me of typing on the iphones I use to own back in 2007 and 2008. I don't find it difficult at all to use contacts or anything thus far. Some people just may not play with the phone long enough to get use to it. They probably try to figure it out as they go along. As for me i try to go through everything so when the time comes and i need to do something when im out, i know exactly what i need to do and how to do it. this way it makes the experience that much better.
    10-17-10 03:21 PM
    Well if i'm on the phone and then i hang up and try to go to check mail or something i will get the hour glass like the phone call used up all my memory but i still have plenty. It sucks having to wait as if the phone has a hard drive and its loading something. Its just simple things like that. As far as web browsing, I guarantee its that much faster and a better experience. It loads everything exactly as it should be. You don't get the could not display errors or rendering errors like i would on the tour. Looking things up couldn't be easier either since it has those features built right in and not to mention the FREE, yes FREE navigation that you would normally have to pay $9.99 a month with the tour. Works great.
    Yeah, I seem to be waiting on that hourglass all the time. I don't think I'd miss BBM because I'd just use Google Talk.

Free audible turn by turn? I want that!

10-17-10 03:43 PM
    Yes. Free audible turn by turn. So far I'm ok missing BBM. I did about about 16 contacts but I have accounts on all the messengers and i use nimbuzz. I'm cool with that.
    10-17-10 03:45 PM
    The free voice turn by turn rocks! It got me to everything in Boston, Salem, and a bunch more places out east that I wanted to see, and got me back home. I was quite happy with it. (I don't have a standalone gps so this helped immensely).
    10-17-10 04:14 PM
    Welcome to Android. It is a wonderful mobile platform.
    10-17-10 06:24 PM

I've always had my hands on my phone doing this and that even when I had my BB. The phone whether it be BB or Droid, I have within arm's reach at all time. My Droid is the last thing I see when I go to bed and the first when I wake up. Its called an addiction.

10-17-10 06:25 PM
    Appreciate the warm welcome from everyone. I've very happy with the choice and hope it gets even better. Even after I ordered the phone and decided to go ahead and ordered the seidio 1700 extended batter for it so i wouldn't have to worry about it running out of power in the middle of the day. I was already aware that battery life wasn't the best.
    10-17-10 07:43 PM
    ^^^That is my only complaint, battery life. It does suck, but I have an extra battery, and usb cables at home and office, and a wall charger, to make sure I always can charge when necessary, its a price to pay to have all the features and screen of the incredible. My Storm 2 was better in regards to battery, but not a ton. Everything else is better on the incredible, except no BBM. Google talk is great, just no file transfer. If blackberry came out with a 4g touch screen, with a ton of memory, and a fast processor, and no lag, I would switch back, but that is a pipe dream, it should be research in slow motion.
    10-17-10 08:08 PM
    I made the switch to a Droid x and I LOVE it. I never thought I would have anything but a Blackberry but I am so glad I made the switch. It is big but I don't mind I just really love this phone.
    10-17-10 08:20 PM
    Good choice. Welcome to the future

10-17-10 09:32 PM
    Converted stubborn S2 user. Android sh*ts on BBS OS 5. I am curious about OS 6 though. Still hardware wise RIM is behind the ball and I really don't understand why

10-17-10 11:10 PM
    ^^^That is my only complaint, battery life. It does suck, but I have an extra battery, and usb cables at home and office, and a wall charger, to make sure I always can charge when necessary, its a price to pay to have all the features and screen of the incredible. My Storm 2 was better in regards to battery, but not a ton. Everything else is better on the incredible, except no BBM. Google talk is great, just no file transfer. If blackberry came out with a 4g touch screen, with a ton of memory, and a fast processor, and no lag, I would switch back, but that is a pipe dream, it should be research in slow motion.
    LMAO = Research In Slow Motion. Good one. I don't think I will miss BBM too much. I have messenger accounts with all the accounts so i should be good to go.
    10-18-10 12:27 AM
    congrats dude. You wont be let down. I have the same phone and I came from a BB storm 2. The grass is greener on the other side. You got your manhood back now...lol
    10-18-10 12:37 AM
    \
    Quit complaining about the battery.. GEEZ.. I had the storm 2 and you say its battery is better. I say no, its worse.. Go figure..

To me the droid incredible battery last way longer then the BB storm and is more efficient when playing music and on web..

I dont know, I can never figure out these battery post when people complain.I guess some use phone more then others who knows.

My battery last me 1 1/2 days right now which is expected ..

I had my media player all day once and played on web and the battery still lasted
    10-18-10 12:41 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD