Root custom undervolted kernel. Freeze bloatware/apps you don't use. Underclock. SETCPU profiles with screen off. Use Joey's radio. Use WiFi script tweaks. I get 2 days with heavy heavy usage. ^_____^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 01:08 PM
    It isn't really the OS that is draining the battery. It is the data connection(s). So many applications that "require" full Internet access and then run in the background are contributing to the battery depletion many people experience.

Limit installing the applications that request this access. You don't really need push notifications for everything that happens in the world...be a little more selective.

My Sensation, admittedly already an excellent phone at preserving battery power in standby, has been off the charger since 2am. I didn't really touch the phone at all until around 11am today. It was still at 100% then. Four phone calls later, reading a little in Google plus, a few texts, and reading through six emails with one replied since then. It is now almost 2pm and the battery is at 92%.

This phone burns through battery just as fast as most other high-end Android phones with big screens when in actual use but in standby it barely uses any power (usually). It definitely lasts throughout the day and a little into the next with moderate use. With heavy use it makes it through the workday only. I'd like more but I can live wit that.
    08-26-11 01:51 PM
    Limit installing the applications that request this access. You don't really need push notifications for everything that happens in the world...be a little more selective.
    Good luck with that... They all request it because they need it for licensing... Even then the free ones need it for advertising, so...
    08-26-11 02:01 PM
    How do I install roms and delete bloatware? I just rooted my phone.
    08-26-11 09:18 PM
    How do I install roms and delete bloatware? I just rooted my phone.
    Ah, you're rooted .. Go to XDA forums and find the ROM best fitting your goals

Sent via Gingerbread Deck Incredible
    08-26-11 09:42 PM
    Rooting and installing a custom ROM with a very well built kernel can make huge improvements in performance and battery life.
    08-27-11 02:03 AM
    Rooting and installing a custom ROM with a very well built kernel can make huge improvements in performance and battery life.
    +1

Sent via Gingerbread Deck Incredible
    08-27-11 06:08 PM
    Power Max is another good battery saving app as well. I know my TB isn't getting the battery life my Incredible did, but it is more powerful, etc. I do, though, keep it set at CDMA and use 3G all the time. I live in a rural area with no 4G. So, keeping it set at CDMA and using 3G helps. I find it faster still than the Incredible. Even having it set to choose either, makes it work harder. Not worth it to me. I don't mind charging it nightly.
    And sometimes during the day I do need to charge it. But we know how the batts are before getting the phone. Not a deal breaker for me.!
    Xopher likes this.
    09-17-11 06:05 PM
    Power Max is another good battery saving app as well. I know my TB isn't getting the battery life my Incredible did, but it is more powerful, etc. I do, though, keep it set at CDMA and use 3G all the time. I live in a rural area with no 4G. So, keeping it set at CDMA and using 3G helps. I find it faster still than the Incredible. Even having it set to choose either, makes it work harder. Not worth it to me. I don't mind charging it nightly.
    And sometimes during the day I do need to charge it. But we know how the batts are before getting the phone. Not a deal breaker for me.!
    I have that mindset, too, now

Sent via Gingerbread Inc Deck
    09-17-11 06:49 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD