View Poll Results: Should there be an Android Tablet forum/group?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
    Anybody else that would like a specific forum for Tablet related conversations? There's enough differences between the things Android powered phones and tablets can support/do that I think there should be one here. Then again, are there enough owners in here to make that worth CB admin time?

Hmm... probably not.
    04-27-11 10:58 PM
    i will have 2 of them shortly when my transformer gets here but i still dont think we need a subforum for them. I think the what we have works well. The iphone/ipad are one section too
    04-27-11 11:11 PM
    Yeah but with the apple products aren't they all on the same OS versions no matter the product, if it's got an "i" in front of it it's on 4.2 (or whatever)... no? With Android the phones will never be on 3.0 and only tablets will be. Also aren't there differences between what apps will and won't work on Android tablets vs their phones? Is that also true for apple apps? Just seems like the talk here is phone-centric and everything tablet related will just fall far, far below without notice.

I know I can join another site specific to tablets or even my exact branded tablet, but I hardly do these things as is and would really prefer it to be kept a little more simplistic.

Anyway, was just curious. I may very well be in the minority here, just seems like it would be nice. Then again, with so few of us here with Android tablets the forum would probably just be wasteful and unvisited.
    04-27-11 11:47 PM
    Yeah but with the apple products aren't they all on the same OS versions no matter the product, if it's got an "i" in front of it it's on 4.2 (or whatever)... no? With Android the phones will never be on 3.0 and only tablets will be. Also aren't there differences between what apps will and won't work on Android tablets vs their phones? Is that also true for apple apps? Just seems like the talk here is phone-centric and everything tablet related will just fall far, far below without notice.

I know I can join another site specific to tablets or even my exact branded tablet, but I hardly do these things as is and would really prefer it to be kept a little more simplistic.

Anyway, was just curious. I may very well be in the minority here, just seems like it would be nice. Then again, with so few of us here with Android tablets the forum would probably just be wasteful and unvisited.
    right, there just wouldnt be enough traffic. There really isnt that much in the android section in 1 day anyway
    04-28-11 12:18 AM
    right, there just wouldnt be enough traffic. There really isnt that much in the android section in 1 day anyway
    This is very true! Seems like it's really gone down hill lately is all. Use to be much more foot traffic not just a few months ago...
    04-28-11 12:27 AM
    Everyone is at Android Central now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 10:45 AM
    Is there a tablet dedicated forum over there?
    04-28-11 12:14 PM
    Is there a tablet dedicated forum over there?
    No, there is actually device specific threads over there. For every Android device, from phones to tablets. I recommend it.
    04-28-11 04:14 PM
    No kidding. I found one awesome forum/site dedicated specifically to the Galaxy Tab and it was full of all kinds of awesome information to help my Tab run all the apps I want and how to get it rooted easy and get my apps all free. I'm very excited to get this thing!
    04-28-11 04:55 PM
    Don't actually find much reason to visit AC...

Most all of the content is re-posted releases (ie nearlly all) from XDA anyways.
    K Bear likes this.
    04-28-11 04:58 PM
    personally i use android forums and XDA
    04-28-11 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD