Hi,

my brother was messing with my phone and locked me out.

I'm currently at the screen where you have to input your username and password.

I called up sprint, but their tech support couldn't do anything so I went to the service center and he couldn't do anything either.

I bought the phone 10 days ago from best buy and they couldn't do anything either

I tried both [email protected] and [email protected]

I also reset my password on gmail and that didn't help either.

It keeps saying that my username and password is invalid.

Does android itself have a tech support phone number?
    11-21-09 02:05 PM
    1. Beat your brother to a pulp lol
    2. Reboot the phone and start from the beginning. If you can't get in normally, see #1 then hard reset.
    11-21-09 02:11 PM
    I can't do anything except emergency all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 04:26 PM
    My guess is, the gmail log-in and pw needs to be used. Otherwise, you're going to have to bring the phone in and let them play with it.
    11-21-09 04:27 PM
    did that.

i'm fed up with best buy and sprint tech support.

the manger of best buy came up and tried and she had to check my gmail password was "correct" by going to one of their stupid computers and making me log in.

the tech support at the sprint store was nice enough to offer to just swap it out, but i dont want a refurbished one.

i would like the problem to be solved, but if it cant wtf seriously google? otherwise, best buy just needs to give me a new frakin phone, which theyre hesitant to do.
    11-21-09 11:30 PM
    Just a random thought...try [email protected] Somewhere I've seen that recommended for this issue.

Does Sprint even have refurbs yet? Ask the Sprint Tech if they are refurb or new. Nice way to get a free charger and battery if it's new.

Worst case scenario - Tell the Sprint tech you need to hard reset using the hardware keys. Tell him Will England in web support knows how to do it using the hardware keys.

If that fails, go to a corp store with an on site tech. They have an updater program that will reset it.

Good Luck!
    11-22-09 12:13 AM
    As gbhill said master reset the phone and sign in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 12:37 AM
    tried @googlemail.com no dice.

i went to a repair center and either the tech was an ***** or he was just lazy, he said he couldn't hard reset without going into the phone. he said he could only send a refurbished one.
    11-22-09 11:25 AM
    Still in your 30 days? Take your old phone with you back to BB, tell them you want your refund. As soon as they finish reactivating your old phone, tell them you want to buy a new one.

Sounds like your local BB is siht. Do it today while they are busy, and raise a bit of fuss.
    11-22-09 01:12 PM
    Hi,

my brother was messing with my phone and locked me out.

I'm currently at the screen where you have to input your username and password.

I called up sprint, but their tech support couldn't do anything so I went to the service center and he couldn't do anything either.

I bought the phone 10 days ago from best buy and they couldn't do anything either

I tried both [email protected] and [email protected]

I also reset my password on gmail and that didn't help either.

It keeps saying that my username and password is invalid.

Does android itself have a tech support phone number?

This is how to do a hard reset. Copied and pasted for droidforums.net:

To perform a hard reset on your Motorola Droid, perform the following steps.

1. Turn off the Droid. If you are unable to turn off the Droid, remove the battery for 10 seconds, then replace it.
    2. Open the physical keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding the Power Button. The device will turn on, keep holding these two buttons until a yellow triangle appears.
    3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get a menu to come up. You may have to press them more then once.
    4. You have now entered Recovery Mode.
    5. Use the Directional Pad on the Physical Keyboard to select the Format option.

This should perform a factory reset of your device. You will of course lose all data. Please exercise caution before doing this without a backup.
    11-22-09 01:36 PM
    or you can try and boot up into safe mode.

pull the battery out for 2 minutes.

as soon as you reinsert the battery hold the menu key (one with all the lines) down on the keyboard the entire time until it boots to lock screen. It should then say "safe mode"

that way you may be able to do a factory reset..
    11-22-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD