So I got my incredible yesterday, it's all going well, except that I noticed this line of pixels, not really any color in particular, but when you move the phone and look closely, they are very slightly distorted, and it makes them stick out slightly. I've noticed this problem on TVs before but I never understood it. I'm thinking it may be the invisible shield I had the person at the store install for me? I'm hoping it's not the screen...but here's a picture. I understand it may be hard to see, but if you move away from the picture you can sort of see what I'm talking about.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

06-16-10 04:50 PM
    I don't think the IS would be causing that. Definitely looks like a screen problem. I would take it into Verizon and ask for a new one.

I don't know the technical terms for it because I don't know too much about screen technology, but those pixels look burnt or like they are dead/dying.

Definitely get it checked out.
    06-16-10 04:55 PM
    I got it from best buy, would they give me a new one you think?
    06-16-10 04:58 PM
    Personally I cant say that is the screen of the device. I would remove the invisible shield and see if that helps any, if so great, if not, the device could be defective.

Usually when pixels go (from a TV repair perspective) they either stay dark black, red, green, or blue, never the color of the image. They get A) stuck - would be when you would see those colors or B) Die - when you would see them as black.
    06-16-10 04:58 PM
    it is the shield. thanks a lot guys!
    06-16-10 05:02 PM
    I got it from best buy, would they give me a new one you think?
    Do you have insurance? And you are still covered under the manufacturers warranty so I wouldn't see why not.
    06-16-10 05:03 PM
    it is the shield. thanks a lot guys!
    Oh nice. Good thing you don't have to wait to get a new one then.
    06-16-10 05:04 PM
    Figured it was - didnt make any sense for that issue to occur with the LCD display. Would have been slight image retention if anything, but thats EXTREMELY odd on LCD.
    06-16-10 05:10 PM
    Kinda sucks, cause the one Invisible Shield I got I had to take off. They installed it for me and charged me like 30 bucks too. Ill have to pick up some new ones
    06-16-10 05:15 PM
    Kinda sucks, cause the one Invisible Shield I got I had to take off. They installed it for me and charged me like 30 bucks too. Ill have to pick up some new ones
    If you still have your receipt - they have a lifetime warranty through Invisible Shield. They will replace it for you, you just have to call them.
    06-16-10 05:16 PM
    If you still have your receipt - they have a lifetime warranty through Invisible Shield. They will replace it for you, you just have to call them.
    Yes you are right! Wow they didnt tell him about it after installed it..
    06-16-10 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD