They have it up to 1.3 Ghz now. Unfortunately, the nexus one was 64% faster in the benchmarks.

androidandme.com/2010/01/news/droid-overclocked-to-1-3-ghz-nexus-one-still-faster/
    Yea that is true, but the fact is the nexus came with a stock 1ghz cpu, the droid came with one that was a 600mhz, underclocked to 550.

Now the fact is that Cyanogen is working with the nexus and has compiled a CyanogenMod, and that along with JIT is what is making the nexus that much faster. An overclocked droid is sill faster than a stock nexus.

We don't have the luxuries that HTC phone users have which is in the XDA development community, and Cyanogen.

I respect the AllDroid community very much for what they have done and are doing, considering how much smaller of a community it is compared to xda.
    01-27-10 11:21 AM
    Flashed to 1 Ghz and everything is smooth so far.

Edit:

Also running Sholes ROM 1.2
    01-27-10 11:48 AM
    Seriously, if you're going to post an article at least read past the title. The only reason it was 64 percent faster was because it had something called jit enabled. I have no idea what it is but I'm assuming its some sort of speed booster included in the rom that allocates memory in a certain way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What is your point? The only reason the Droid is running above 550Mhz is because its hacked as well. Does it matter who's hackers are better? Obviously Cyanogen is a genius, unfortunately he's an HTC hacker. The field is level here buddy, both devices are operating under hacks, don't complain that your hack isnt as good as the other guys.
    01-27-10 02:05 PM
    What is your point? The only reason the Droid is running above 550Mhz is because its hacked as well. Does it matter who's hackers are better? Obviously Cyanogen is a genius, unfortunately he's an HTC hacker. The field is level here buddy, both devices are operating under hacks, don't complain that your hack isnt as good as the other guys.
    It does not matter who does the hacks so long as the hacks get done....
    Hey u guys leave semantics alone..........................
    It's alright if he reigns on our parade
    01-27-10 02:22 PM
    It is not that one hack is "better" then the other. It is that the HTC Nexus one has a faster CPU so when you overclock it of course it is going to be faster.

Also, not here to argue. Just wanted to say that.
    01-27-10 02:23 PM
    It is not that one hack is "better" then the other. It is that the HTC Nexus one has a faster CPU so when you overclock it of course it is going to be faster.

Also, not here to argue. Just wanted to say that.
    The only thing is, the HTC isn't overclocked. Its been optimized, but its running at 1GHz still.
    01-27-10 10:01 PM
    The only thing is, the HTC isn't overclocked. Its been optimized, but its running at 1GHz still.
    I see, well can't wait to see it overclocked!
    01-28-10 01:27 AM
    Anyone who is having trouble with this, try the one-click wifi tether patcher. You can choose to use just the oveclock part of it. Very easy to use and gets updated frequently.

Wireless Tether Patcher - One-Click Solution - 2.x - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    01-28-10 03:32 PM
    Seems interesting. Is that version with the new tether app that allows WEP encryption?

My wifi is currently broken with the 900 OC flashed, but I could care less about tethering right now with the way my droid is flying. Not to mention super underclocked while in sleep mode equals 100% battery after 8 hours of sleep and not charging.
    01-28-10 04:58 PM
    Not to mention super underclocked while in sleep mode equals 100% battery after 8 hours of sleep and not charging.
    This interested me more than the OC. Imagine being able to set profiles for clock speed.... OC for use, UC for just standby and ultra low UC for bedside mode.
    01-28-10 05:33 PM
    Listen, im no coder/programmer or whatever you want to call it at all. However JIT is some sort of code included in Cyanogens roms that mess with the memory somehow and make it run faster. Comparing a device with JIT and one without JIT makes no sense. A fair comparison would be for them both to have it. How does that not make sense to you?
    01-28-10 05:40 PM
    This interested me more than the OC. Imagine being able to set profiles for clock speed.... OC for use, UC for just standby and ultra low UC for bedside mode.
    Yea SetCPU currently offers profiles for charging, sleep/standby, and power at 100%.

Mines are at 900-125mhz for regular use. 250-125mhz for sleep/standby, and 250-125mhz for charging.
    01-28-10 06:20 PM
    ^hows your battery life doing?
    01-28-10 06:39 PM
    I second this... how is the battery life at these speeds? Thermally how much a differance is their relative to stock speeds?

01-28-10 07:11 PM
    Hmm I would say battery is pretty much the same, being offset by the fact that it runs at very low clock speeds when i have it set on my desk and its in standby. As far as the heat, it gets pretty warm after I continually browse, download, or watch youtube for prolonged times, it will get to about 95 degrees, or at least thats what my battery widget states lol. I don't really want to mess around with the 1.1ghz image thats out right now, phone is plenty fast right now, its on par with a stock nexus on benchmarks.
    01-28-10 07:54 PM
    Seems interesting. Is that version with the new tether app that allows WEP encryption?

My wifi is currently broken with the 900 OC flashed, but I could care less about tethering right now with the way my droid is flying. Not to mention super underclocked while in sleep mode equals 100% battery after 8 hours of sleep and not charging.
    Yes, it has wep encryption. Also, I fixed my WiFi with the fix on the alldroid thread about the overclock. I bricked it the first time but someone gave me an easier command to follow in adb shell and it worked like a charm.

This is the command I followed that worked for me.

adb shell
    mount /system
    mount /sdcard
    cp /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko tiwlan_drv.ko.bak
    cat /sdcard/tiwlan_drv.ko > /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko
    chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko
    Last edited by WhosToBlame; 01-28-10 at 09:03 PM.
    01-28-10 08:59 PM
    wth it keeps saying permission denied

using Terminal Emulator
    Rooted
    Have flash_image installed

su
    /system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot9.img

Error writing boot: Permission Denied

What was the process you used to flash?
    You have to drop down into recovery and use adb shell on your computer, if you do that. Try using the nandroid backup listed on that thread.

01-28-10 11:07 PM
    Running at 1ghz and got a random reboot. Hmmm
    01-29-10 12:02 AM
    This thread continues to intrigue me. I am kinda surprised at the success of the overclocking; however, I am interested in the long term effects, can the arm processor handle long, sustained periods of this Hertz? I Commend the brave folks that have pushed their devices beyond consumer specs.....
    01-29-10 12:28 AM
    Well I have it set on demand johnly. This means that it will hit 900 only when it needs to, but it will dip to as low as 125 when it is not needing any processing power.
    01-29-10 12:57 AM
    Well I have it set on demand johnly. This means that it will hit 900 only when it needs to, but it will dip to as low as 125 when it is not needing any processing power.
    This will greatly help with the long run of our Motorola Droid's processor.

Also, just tried the Nandroid backups of 1GHz and 1.1GHz and they seem to be unstable. Just flashed with ADB shell and everything works great. Seems weird.
    01-29-10 02:35 AM
    For less of a better term F**Ki*g A! That is tits larue, please mods, I know, my language is sour, but we are talking moto droids running 1 GHZ! (close to it) I am sure Moto^^ underclocked the droid pretty well. In saying that, I would not be surprised that a droid could sustain 800-900m Mhz without issues...I think the arm 8 is a frigging hela processor considering how frigging long it has been out classisc....
    01-29-10 03:01 AM
    Now here is the funny thing and a question I am running at 1 ghz and when I use setcpu and hit system info I have an ARMv7 processor rev 3 is that a limit of setcpu or is the ARM 8 named like that?

Anyone?
    01-29-10 07:06 AM
    Yep I am running smoked glass at 900mhz phone is running no problems may push to 1 ghz curious to see how phone handles the speed.
    01-29-10 11:11 AM
    Now here is the funny thing and a question I am running at 1 ghz and when I use setcpu and hit system info I have an ARMv7 processor rev 3 is that a limit of setcpu or is the ARM 8 named like that?

Anyone?
    Hmm I checked mines and it says v7 as well. Dunno we need some input from people with newer droids, I basically have one from the first batches that were released.
    01-29-10 11:19 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD