According to the guys over at BGR, they released that Google Voice Search add some new features

At Google�s media event today, the search giant unveiled enhanced Voice Actions for their Android mobile operating system. Voice actions allow you to preform certain functions on your device just by using verbal commands. Voice Actions include:

send text to [contact] [message]
    listen to [artist/song/album]
    call [business]
    call [contact]
    send email to [contact] [message]
    go to [website]
    note to self [note]
    navigate to [location/business name]
    directions to [location/business name]
    map of [location]

The implementation of the new feature looks really, really slick. We�ve got a video after the bounce of Google showing off just how powerful the new enhanced Voice Actions can be. If you have an Android phone running version 2.2 hit up the Android market and download Voice Search and the Google Search Widget. Let us know what you think of the new feature
    Google enhances �Voice Actions� on Android � Boy Genius Report

and Android and Me released this statement

Voice Actions requires Android 2.2, so it will be limited to the Nexus One, Droid, EVO, and other phones with the latest firmware. The Droid 2 which launched today also has these apps pre-installed.
    Well the Guys over @ Cyanogen(mod) have already hacked the system to get it to install correctly on previous devices.

This was taken from Cyanogen(mod)

Installing Updated Voice Search - CyanogenMod Forum

[quote name='Tsenru' timestamp='1281636887' post='38003']
    Alright, I updated this with instructions on how to fix the Google Search widget as well. Thanks to klinster, devlogic and OhioDroid.

Hey everybody, I don't know if anybody else is having this issue, but the new version of Google's Voice Search released today wouldn't install on my G1 (running CM6RC2) due to an incorrect signature. Anyway, there's a quick workaround, you just have to uninstall the voice search installed by default in CM6.

Anyway, if you have adb, plug into usb and run:

Code:
    adb pull /system/app/ ~/Desktop/app/
    adb remount
    adb shell rm -f /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk
    adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.voicesearch
    adb shell rm -f /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
    If you don't, open Terminal Emulator on your phone (This does NOT backup the .apk's, so proceed at your own risk!) and run:

Code:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    rm -f /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk
    pm uninstall com.google.android.voicesearch
    rm -f /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    pm uninstall com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
    Your old out of date versions are now removed. Now go to the Market and install "Voice Search" and "Google Search".
    QR Codes:

Voice Search

Google Search

Anyway, this is all pulled from the Cyanogenmod Wiki and most have you probably have already figured this out. In case you were stuck though, hopefully this helped you resolve the problem.

What's working:
    Google Search Box (Reply if you have problems with listed method)
    Most Voice Actions

What isn't:
    "set alarm" action seems to rely on an as-of-yet unreleased Clock app from google. I am unable to confirm this as I do not have access to a stock Nexus One.

EDIT:

-Thanks to klinster for backup line for adb
    -Thanks to devlogic and OhioDroid for search widget fix
    -Added Google Mobile Blog's QR codes for up to date packages
    -Thanks to BinaryMan, fixed typo in adb commands
    -Thanks to Synchromatic, fixed typo in Terminal commands
    [/quote]

While this is a very easy thing to do, i wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart, and KEEP IN MIND YOUR PHONE NEEDS TO BE ROOTED TO DO THIS! ! !
    Last edited by mjneid; 08-12-10 at 04:03 PM.
    08-12-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD