So, I just ordered my Desire.

Will be here wednesday/thursday.

Will update this post with a review on the handset in comparison to the 9700 / HD2 (will be sold on friday) and the iphone (though I have sold the iphone I still used it for a while)

03-28-10 10:48 AM
    Is this phone available on AT&T? To lazy to google.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 04:04 PM
    Post lots of pics.
    03-28-10 06:26 PM
    So, I just ordered my Desire.

Will be here wednesday/thursday.

Will update this post with a review on the handset in comparison to the 9700 / HD2 (will be sold on friday) and the iphone (though I have sold the iphone I still used it for a while)

where did u buy this from ?
    03-28-10 07:12 PM
    where did u buy this from ?
    I think it's on sale in the UK, check Amazon?
    03-28-10 07:14 PM
    I think it's on sale in the UK, check Amazon?
    good call, anyone know which one , legend or desire , will work with AT&T 3g bands ? will either of them ?
    03-28-10 07:20 PM
    Def want to see you're thoughts on it. I know they have it for pre-order on mobilecityonline.com, but there is no ETA. I'm about to buy a Nexus, but will I be sad if the Desire comes to ATT around June? What is the diff between these 2 aside from the obvious HTC Sense?

03-28-10 08:11 PM
    Ordered from T-Mobile UK. will do a side by side comparison with the HD2 and the 9700, may make some videos and will definitely take loads of pictures.

03-29-10 10:02 AM
    I couldn't see the specs on the site whether it had 3G bands for AT&T. If it does, I may just be returning my Nexus One.
    03-29-10 02:14 PM
    So the desire arrived yesterday. All I can say is wow. Properly stunned by how awesome it is. The screen is a thing of beauty. The speed of the handset is something else. Web browsing is amazing. Using the full crackberry site on a mobile device. Awesome. Still getting used to the handset so I can't give a complete in depth review but when I get to my camera later i will take some pics.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
    04-02-10 10:21 AM
    I want one of these, looks gorgeous and I'm a big android fan

Htc sense is great and flash web browsing

04-02-10 11:01 AM
    So, to clarify, the Desire still isn't available with AT&T 3G bands?
    04-02-10 02:40 PM
    I don't think it is.
    04-02-10 03:56 PM
    No T-Mobile (US or EU) device has AT&T 3G bands I am almost positive. T-Mobile EU devices do work with T-Mobile US 3G bands though.
    04-02-10 05:36 PM
    So the desire arrived yesterday. All I can say is wow. Properly stunned by how awesome it is. The screen is a thing of beauty. The speed of the handset is something else. Web browsing is amazing. Using the full crackberry site on a mobile device. Awesome. Still getting used to the handset so I can't give a complete in depth review but when I get to my camera later i will take some pics.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
    Have you messed around with a n1? If so, compare it to the desire.
    04-02-10 07:11 PM
    Near completion on the write up of a full review with pics comparisons etc, will see if I can get the opening post updated.

I only briefly held and used the n1 so I'm probably not the best person to compare them. They are very similar though from what I remember of the n1.
    04-05-10 06:05 AM
    In other threads, the N1 folks say that the speaker volume is very low during calls - not just the speakerphone, but while holding the device to their ear too. Others are concerned that this may be a recurring problem on all HTC devices.

So, does the Desire have a problem with low volume during calls (speakerphone & regular calls)?

Thanks!
    04-05-10 08:58 AM
    In other threads, the N1 folks say that the speaker volume is very low during calls - not just the speakerphone, but while holding the device to their ear too. Others are concerned that this may be a recurring problem on all HTC devices.

So, does the Desire have a problem with low volume during calls (speakerphone & regular calls)?

Thanks!
    The in call volume is very good, crystal clear and plenty loud enough. The speakerphone volume is lacking, I think this is something HTC need to work on, its the same on the HD2.
    04-05-10 12:51 PM

Thanks!
    I, too, would love to know this!

edit: Oh, you posted an answer exactly one minute before me lol, sorry.

The in call volume is very good, crystal clear and plenty loud enough. The speakerphone volume is lacking, I think this is something HTC need to work on, its the same on the HD2.
    So, low volume meaning at gatherings or outside, one may miss a call, correct? That is what others have been saying about the N1 as well. However, as for the desire at least, how is the vibration? Do you think, even though one may still miss a call due to the low volume of the speaker, would the vibration help at all in the pocket? Or is the vibration weak as well, just like the speaker?
    Last edited by Jonneh; 04-05-10 at 12:57 PM.
    04-05-10 12:52 PM
    It's cool, that's just how fast the browser is (jk)
    04-05-10 12:56 PM
    thanks, Spider. I use speakerphone A LOT; so, this could be a big issue for me if the HTC Incredible suffers from the same problem.
    04-05-10 01:09 PM
    So, low volume meaning at gatherings or outside, one may miss a call, correct? That is what others have been saying about the N1 as well. However, as for the desire at least, how is the vibration? Do you think, even though one may still miss a call due to the low volume of the speaker, would the vibration help at all in the pocket? Or is the vibration weak as well, just like the speaker?
    The actual volume of the ringtone is fine, very clear and loud, the vibrate function is also excellent, the in call volume is very good its only when transferring someone to speakerphone is there a noticeable lack in quality of the volume.

I had to do some tests then as I never have my phone on anything but vibrate and led notifications.
    04-05-10 01:29 PM
    Just took a couple more calls and used speakerphone on them. Realised that its not so much volume but the thin sound of the speaker. The volume is actually about the same as the 9700
    04-05-10 01:49 PM
    Just took a couple more calls and used speakerphone on them. Realised that its not so much volume but the thin sound of the speaker. The volume is actually about the same as the 9700
    Ok. Well, I can hope that the Incredible will have an improved speaker then. It has a better camera; so, maybe the speaker will be better too.

Much appreciated, spider!
    04-05-10 01:52 PM
    I'm waiting for vodafone release. I was using bold 9000 & then switched to iphone 3g. but i couldn't type on touch screen and switched back to the bold. my question is:
    1) how do you compare touch sensivity with the iphone? any lag?
    2) how is the typing on htc desire?any vib option there when screen is touched?
    thanks
    04-05-10 08:39 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD