can a guy catch a break?? LOL!
    Last edited by dave1812; 11-09-11 at 02:04 PM.
    11-09-11 12:51 PM
    Just has to do with plugins in general dying. You already have flash 11 support and it's not like there's going to be an increase in flash content now, so it doesn't really change much...
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-09-11 12:59 PM
    Just has to do with plugins in general dying. You already have flash 11 support and it's not like there's going to be an increase in flash content now, so it doesn't really change much...
    I hope HTML 5 picks up steam, because of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 01:08 PM
    can a guy catch a break?? LOL!
    I am not so sure that this is an issue, really. It seems that the 2.0 and above platforms support HTML5

Source:

Android 2.0 Platform Highlights | Android Developers
    11-09-11 01:25 PM
    Hat
    I am not so sure that this is an issue, really. It seems that the 2.0 and above platforms support HTML5

Source:

Android 2.0 Platform Highlights | Android Developers
    That's all fine and dandy but html5 is still not as popular as flash, so if all android devices were to not have Flash today you would wind up with web browsing like iOS which IMO is not a full featured experience.
    1812dave and lssanjose like this.
    11-09-11 01:48 PM
    Hat

That's all fine and dandy but html5 is still not as popular as flash, so if all android devices were to not have Flash today you would wind up with web browsing like iOS which IMO is not a full featured experience.
    HTML5 is rapidly gaining speed. The Flash 11 player is still available for android devices and will continue to be supported (just no new updates other than bugfixes, security updates etc). I'd venture a guess and say within a year you'll hear more grumbling about the flashplayer being considered bloat on a device, and not much grumbling about lack of new flash updates.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-09-11 02:36 PM
    it is bloatware in many respects. Its nice for some site but just add ads for others. Flash bogs down i3,5,7 PCs and laptops sometimes for some sites. It certainly is not as streamlined as HTML5 is
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-09-11 02:40 PM
    it is bloatware in many respects. Its nice for some site but just add ads for others. Flash bogs down i3,5,7 PCs and laptops sometimes for some sites. It certainly is not as streamlined as HTML5 is
    opera mobile + flash click-to-play ftw
    11-09-11 04:09 PM
    Can anyone provide a few links to some html5 websites so I can see what the hubub is all about? TIA
    11-09-11 04:27 PM
    Can anyone provide a few links to some html5 websites so I can see what the hubub is all about? TIA
    It's not always a noticeable change. For example you can technically use embedded youtube videos as html5 if you don't have flash. But I've seen issues where html5 embedded videos have problems loading or playing back that work fine in flash, so it's not always "better" just because...
    11-09-11 04:30 PM
    11-09-11 05:12 PM
    This in reality is old. Talk of Silverlight being discontinued started a long time ago (even from MS themselves).
    1812dave likes this.
    11-09-11 05:15 PM
    “Video For Everybody” Test Page
    11-13-11 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD