I don't know if it's just my perception but I feel as though the Motorola Atrix didn't make the big splash in the media and market that I thought it would. I feel as though it's kind of been thrown alittle to the side. I know reviews were good but then it's like no one ever talks about the device. For it being a dual core phone and all the other good stuff I just expect to hear more buzz about this device. Look at the iPhone, people are always talking about it or making comparisons to it. i figured the Atrix would be one of those long talked about phones. Just take this forum as a small example, not that much chatter about the Atrix.

Is the device selling well? Did/do people like it after being on the market a couple of months?
    04-08-11 10:41 PM
    The iPhone will always get the attention, its become a fad or trend, Steve Jobs can wipe his a$$ and the media is all over it. Phone is nothing special but neither were Nikes or Converse or Adidas in there heyday, its just a trend. The Moto Atrix could have had quad core & 20 mp camera but still wouldnt get the news the itrend gets. I know the iphone is probably a pretty good phone, I personally wouldnt have one but thats just me & will be ssooooo glad when this trend passes, and it will pass, all trends do.
    04-08-11 11:24 PM
    They need to hire better marketing firm. Apple's marketing has done very well saturating all kinds of media. Hint-hint?
    04-09-11 09:07 AM
    Terrible marketing - their commercials make it clear it isn't a laptop or a phone. So, really, what is it? Went an played with it. No buzz.
    04-09-11 10:21 AM
    yeah the commercials arent good for general public. techies get them but not joe 6 pack
    04-09-11 11:34 AM
    Probably because of T's past reception issues and if it wasn't for that Hottie Catherine Zeta Jones . . . not many would have even known who T-Mobile was, before T bought them 2 weeks ago! so I doubt the merger will help T.

The Attrix looks sweet and also has that laptop docking ability, but Motorola said they would have docking available now on most of their new devices.

My take on this is that now that VZ has Androids and an iphone, why would the masses (unless they had past reception issues on VZ) want to lock themselves into another 2 years with AT&T?

I've always hated they way these device makers continue to offer specific devices only available on certain cell providers (like Apple did initially with their iphone only on T and the same for Rim with the Torch). And yet again the Attrix is available on T and not VZ.

If VZ had at least the Torch, it might have helped Rim for now, to stave off some of the mass exodus to Android and Iphones. At least until Rim could bring some up to date devices out. In my opinion, it's too late for Rim to retain a big market share, unless they merge.

Rim's predictable upcoming minor share of the Tablet market won't save them as I'm sure it will have weak sales just like Motorola's Xoom and their poor start when compared to ipad sales.

A new threat . . . last week I read an article that Microsoft and Nokia have teamed to go after a big slice of the Smart Phone market. True, Microsoft has failed before, but this could turn out to be an interesting partnership. With a few decent new 4G devices, it certainly won't take much effort to blow by Rim at this point, just like Android and iphone already have.

I wonder if Apple ever calculated how many iphones they would have already sold if they also had a CDMA version available when they introduced the iphone? I don't care how much T paid Apple for the exclusive rights. If VZ had the iphone 2 years ago, Apple probably would have sold 400-500 million iphones already between the two companies and that's a lot of contracts locked up.

I know the Bionic will also be specific to VZ, but I'm not waiting around for Apple to roll out a new 4G iphone because I need a new device "now" that's usable for browsing the web. As soon as VZ rolls out the 4G Bionic, I'll be thrilled to dump Rim at this point, for what ever I have to pay just to move on.

I bet I'll be holding a new Bionic way before Rim releases a 6.1 update?

Yes, I want it "all" . . . texting, email, and web browsing for my extra $29.99 monthly data plan . . . is that too much to ask . . . I personally think not
    Last edited by expidia; 04-09-11 at 05:54 PM.
    04-09-11 05:46 PM
    I think Catherine Zeta Jones is much prettier than T-Mobiles current girl.

But back on topic, I haven't seen one person with an Atrix yet which is surprising. The marketing definitely needs to step up a bit.
    04-09-11 05:49 PM
    If it had the droid branding, they'd sell like hotcakes. Then you'd have people asking you if that's a droid.
    04-09-11 06:03 PM
    Att didn't market my Captivate either, they were pushing some other weak android wannabe phones. Discovered it purely by accident when a friend was showing it off. And it really is a wonderful phone that handles all of android apps well and has a beautiful screen. Sometimes, i really wonder who signs off on marketing at the big blue, and if they are feeding him enough bananas
    04-10-11 04:07 PM
    Atrix is pretty big up here, when I was demoing it for Bell I sold quite a few and a lot of people approached me for weeks beforehand asking when it was coming.

I wouldn't say it's doing any better than any of your other devices (Galaxy S', Desire HD, etc) but it's holding it's own. I know there's worse-selling Android phones that have been out longer.
    04-18-11 12:02 PM
    Agreed..Bell seems to be doing a good job of marketing it up here. And unless your slow or suffer from inbreeding problems..its made fairly clear that its a phone that powers a laptop.

My only regret is that I didn't get an AT&T branded version as that one seems to have a little more dev love and whatnot thus far..
    04-18-11 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD