First of all I wanna say so far I love verizon. Its very reliable and is far superior to Att. It's also nice having 3G everywhere!!!. Anyone the whole reason for this post. 1. I used Att for a while with my blackberry bold 9000 and I used it for tethering and of course I never did get caught. I only would use about 2-3 gbs per month. How does one tether with Verizon. I have read on here that PDAnet works but I dont know anything about it. 2. Battery life: I have figured out how to turn the phone to (EDGE) or verizon non 3G signal which seems to save some juice. I also have turned down the screen brightness to 10 and the backlit timeout to 15 seconds. Is there any other ways to improve battery life? 3. I haven't used this phone a whole lot but i did download via marketplace to be able to close apps that are running in the background. Is there anyway to do this without using a 3rd party app? 4. I know with ATT I was able to use Youmail Visual Voicemail and wouldn't get charged for call forwarding. Does Verizon charge you for this feature and how does one enable it in the youmail application to start using it? Sorry its such a long thread but I was a really big bb junkie from February until now and I try to use everything as much as i can lol. Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 09:31 PM
    STAY AWAY FROM YOUMAIL. LOL, sorry for all caps. But from what i've read, it had to be said. Something about that and its visual voicemail doesn't allow the phone to sleep, and drains the battery like crazy. I don't have a Droid yet, so hopefully someone can clarify.
    11-29-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD