You do realize that AT&T's new data rates are probably better for you? BlackBerry's dont use anywhere near the 200MB limit of the $15 plan (for most all but the heavy corporate users) so you could get away with saving $15.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've been using a min of 300mb a month since I got my first Berry (8110) two years ago.
    06-04-10 08:17 PM
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've been using a min of 300mb a month since I got my first Berry (8110) two years ago.
    Do you get A LOT of emails? I know for most consumers BB usage should be between 50-100MB unless youre a true heavy user.
    06-04-10 08:30 PM
    Do you get A LOT of emails? I know for most consumers BB usage should be between 50-100MB unless youre a true heavy user.
    I'm on BIS with no more than 20 emails per day with occasional attachments. I do not BBM or IM much at all, some months not at all. Very, very rare streaming media use (because it kinda sucks). Some GMaps. CB mobile forums, and tech blogs for internet through the day. RIM's twitter app updates once an hour (with 12 tech blogs), as does BerryWeather and The Hockey News is set to push. I do not tether nor RDM. I also do not run around app world installing a bunch of crap and I make my own themes. I just bought PodTrapper (great app!) a couple of weeks ago which pushed me over 1GB with apx 20 days left in my billing cycle

I abuse my Berry in daily use time, but I always thought my data usage was light. I learned with my 9000 that heavy data use, I peaked at 700MB with it one month, would eat up the battery. As I don't have access to a charger through the day, I'm very selective on what kind of apps I have running on my Berry. With all of that, I still average over 300MB per month so I have no idea where AT&T got this "most use under 200MB" poo. The top tier pricing seems fine but the lower tier pricing is off in the $ to MB ratio in my opinion. 500MB for $15 and 2GB for $25 with the associated overage charges would have been much more reasonable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 11:13 PM
    We love Android, we have a special section dedicated to it on the Forum

EDIT: I thought about getting the EVO myself, but I'm locked in to a verizon contract and I'm not a Sprint fan. I MAY make a bigger effort to switch to ATT and the 9800 Slider when that comes out, BUT I don't like the new ATT rates . So I'm not so sure.
    Switch to ATT? Best thing I can tell you is run bro....run as fast as your legs can move you. I had an epiphany on thursday when I paid my ATT bill. It was $95 and that's for one line with a 24% company discount. I can go to sprint and with my company discount I would be paying approx $65. So my switch to Sprint for the EVO is purely financial. ****, I could add my wife on my line and my bill would be $100...$5 more than my one ATT line. So again, my switch is just to save a little money...if I add my wife on the line and we split the bill, I would be paying $50/month which is a savings of dang near $50 a month...I agree whole heartedly with the person that said after a while you get bored with a phone with a lot of bells and whistles. I think that's why I was content with my Bold 9k because it was efficient with communicating...sending text, BBM, and emails. At the end of the day, that's what I need from my phone...a great communication platform. I like big phones and the BBs on sprint all seem small. That's why I stuck with the Bold 9k and did not switch to the 9700. I'm 6'5 and have big hands so I don't do well with small phones.
    06-06-10 09:24 AM
    After playing with my neighbors phone this morning, I couldn't wait two more weeks for fathers day to pull the trigger and went into my local bestbuy this morning. If you like to use the web while working, I do a lot of walking and talking and need to research, this phone leaves my 8330m browser in the dust. It is not even a fair fight. Plus as a person with large hands the screen size is perfect for entering text, and the google voice search function is awesome. I am 4 hours into playing with this thing and feel like I could go another two or three days straight learning to use all of these functions. I am the type of person who loves new tech, such as Ipad and Iphone, so if you are a person who likes to be able to do alot of things on one device while on the go, this phone is definitly worth a look, especially if you are due for a new phone like myself. If anything give it the 30 day test ride.
    06-06-10 06:45 PM
    Caveman, What area of the Country do you live. I looked at a coverage map of Sprint and the coverage in Michigan is spotty at best. I was interested in the Evo but I am having a hard time thinking of leaving Verizon.

George
    What part of MI do you live in, I live in SE MI(metro detroit) and i have awesome coverage.

If you stream anything like Pandora etc you can use a hole lot more data then that.
    06-06-10 07:32 PM
    I use podtrapper + stream using iheart radio and slacker daily. I rarely come in under 5 gb each month. So I'm hoping big red doesn't follow Att with pricing changes.

06-06-10 08:19 PM
    My wife wants a droid but I have heard that they freeze
    is this a glitch or is it 3rd party apps that cause it?
    06-06-10 08:41 PM
    you expect die core BB boys to think of anything better then a BB?
    What's die core? Is that a combination of "die hard" and "hard core", lol?

You do realize that AT&T's new data rates are probably better for you? BlackBerry's dont use anywhere near the 200MB limit of the $15 plan (for most all but the heavy corporate users) so you could get away with saving $15.
    I generally use 800-900 MB/month.

06-06-10 09:32 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD