I just received the JB update for my ASUS TF300 tablet and, other than Google Now, I just don't see any difference from ICS. The system looks identical and seems to perform the say way - as far as scrolling goes. The only difference will likely be less app compatibility.
    08-18-12 12:12 PM
    i have found JB to be more under the hood changes. Smoother and more stable. You are correct though it looks very close to ICS
    08-18-12 12:20 PM
    Isn't it more just the implementation of Project Butter?
    08-18-12 12:42 PM
    yes that is basic underlying improvements being implemented with JB
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-18-12 12:56 PM
    Better camera/gallery features. API's for third party keyboards to support voice dictation. More interactive notifications. There's more but I'm kinda brain dead today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-18-12 02:27 PM
    Oh yeah... Automatic widget/shortcut alignment and resizing. Try dropping a widget that overlaps shortcuts or folders and it'll either realign the shortcuts to make room, or will resize the widget.

08-18-12 02:36 PM
    Will be flashing JB to my EVO LTE this weekend.
    08-18-12 02:50 PM
    Running JB and it's been great - only bug that's bothering me is that opening my camera sometimes causes a reboot and Netflix doesn't work. Netflix issue may be hard to solve cause Cyanogen is having a hard time debugging it. If you want a complete list of changes in JB, here: Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
    08-18-12 04:05 PM
    Running JB and it's been great - only bug that's bothering me is that opening my camera sometimes causes a reboot and Netflix doesn't work. Netflix issue may be hard to solve cause Cyanogen is having a hard time debugging it. If you want a complete list of changes in JB, here: Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
    Thanks... I heard about the camera issue, didn't hear anything about Netflix.
    08-18-12 04:20 PM
    Oh yeah... Automatic widget/shortcut alignment and resizing. Try dropping a widget that overlaps shortcuts or folders and it'll either realign the shortcuts to make room, or will resize the widget.

How-bout-that! Cool. The widget resizing works neatly. The camera, as you say, is a bit better. It acts very much like the Windows Phone camera app when you take a pic and scroll it into view and such.
    08-18-12 04:20 PM
    Thanks... I heard about the camera issue, didn't hear anything about Netflix.
    It's a bug on any ROM that's CM10 based. They can't seem to figure it out, Cyanogen even reached out to Netflix for help.
    08-18-12 04:38 PM
    I'm intrigued to know what advances Key-Lime-Pie will bring to our devices. I hope the S3 will be in line for the KLP update.
    08-18-12 04:41 PM
    Meh, you might not notice anything but I do. Project butter makes a difference. ICS is slower and not as smooth. The camera app is better on Jelly Bean. Overall UI improvements as well.

The majority of Jelly Bean is under the hood improvements. No way I can go back to ICS.
    08-18-12 05:17 PM
    Looking forward to it!
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-18-12 05:38 PM
    Never had my camera cause a reboot. I remember that plagued my storm for a few OS though lol
    08-18-12 10:53 PM
    Never had my camera cause a reboot. I remember that plagued my storm for a few OS though lol
    Ya, its a HW overlay bug on the S3.
    08-19-12 05:59 PM
    On my Galaxy Nexus ICS was just as smooth as JB. I did not see much of an improvement.
    08-19-12 09:57 PM
    On my Galaxy Nexus ICS was just as smooth as JB. I did not see much of an improvement.
    Same for me. Though there are enhancements in JB over ICS that have been pointed out, the smoothness of operation is the same to me.
    08-20-12 10:36 AM
    Not sure you how guys don't notice any improvement.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5E5revikUU[/YT]
    08-20-12 10:56 PM
    its not huge but overall it just does feel smoother
    08-20-12 11:18 PM
    See I thought the difference was pretty obvious. Everything is much smoother.

Maybe those who don't notice the difference haven't used ICS long enough?
    08-21-12 09:00 AM
    See I thought the difference was pretty obvious. Everything is much smoother.

Maybe those who don't notice the difference haven't used ICS long enough?
    It isn't obvious to me and I've been using ICS since it came out. But my only official JB experience is on my tablet. A tablet is handled differently where differences may not be completely obvious. When the S3 gets JB, there may be a discernible difference.
    08-21-12 11:37 AM
    JellyBean is def smoother. I have been rocking CM10 on my S3 for the last week and it has been rock solid. CM10 now has moved out of alpha to Nightly Builds. Absolutely love JellyBean.

P.S I won't be returning to a Sammy Rom with Touchwiz for sure.
    Last edited by DX9; 08-21-12 at 06:40 PM.
    08-21-12 06:37 PM
    It isn't obvious to me and I've been using ICS since it came out. But my only official JB experience is on my tablet. A tablet is handled differently where differences may not be completely obvious. When the S3 gets JB, there may be a discernible difference.
    Yea, I would wait till you witness Jelly Bean on a smartphone before you hold judgement. There is a clear difference. Like for me it was blatantly obvious, and ICS ran smooth on the Galaxy Nexus as well (even smoother since I was on a ROM).
    08-21-12 08:15 PM
    Sounds like JB isn't much different/better than ICS. I don't use the camera app anyway, I use HDR, and the widget resizing isn't important. I think I'll wait on this one. My ICS is faster and smoother and snappier enough lol!
    08-23-12 01:04 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD