....from the insecure BB users, but I finally switched over from the storm 2 to an acer liquid e running android 2.1. After 4 blackberries, it has been quite a switch. Lots of really cool things I like about android and lots of things I miss from BB. But, the storm got me addicted to touchscreen. It was the coolest phone I've ever owned, but also the most buggy and unstable. No, not user error. Unless all my user errors and incompetance with a phone only apply to the storm.
    Anyway, I'm gonna miss BB, but so far Android is going well. Maybe I'll switch back to a BB again someday, it's not like it's a life choice or an issue of morals etc. like so many here seem to think. It's just a damn phone. lol
    Thanks to all that have helped my with my BB. I'll still try to help out around these parts when I can.
    Last edited by bamalamwoahblackberry; 06-18-10 at 09:01 AM.
    06-18-10 08:34 AM
    Why would you get flamed? It's your choice. Enjoy the new phone.
    06-18-10 08:47 AM
    forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-those-switching-blackberry-another-device-including-bbs-post-here-260887/

I think a lot of people get flamed for these threads because there is a thread that was made for just these types of situations. The idea behind the thread I linked to is that it keeps all of the "I'm leaving" threads from clogging up the forums. Of course, that didn't work because everyone thinks that they're worthy of having their own thread.

Enjoy your new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 09:00 AM
    You are yet another in a long list of posters who feel it's necessary to post about a non-Storm phone, in this Storm forum. Are you all MENTAL, or what? What possesses you to tell us about an Android, iPhone, or "other" phone purchase? It's inappropriately OFF TOPIC. (And I'm NOT "insecure" as you lamely suggested complainers of your post would be--I'm just irritated)
    This folder is for discussions about the BB Storm 2. If the OP had experience with a Storm 2 he should be able to share that with us. If his experiences were dissatisfying enough to switch, he should be allowed to share that as well.

If you don't care to read about it, don't.
    06-18-10 09:03 AM
    Of course, that didn't work because everyone thinks that they're worthy of having their own thread.
    And you get to decide who is worthy?

It's the friggin' internet, chill out.
    06-18-10 09:06 AM
    Don't fret man. As far as I am concerned I can appreciate your thanking the CB community and kind of issuing a farewell. But hey, your are defecting to the dark side....lol

06-18-10 09:08 AM

I think a lot of people get flamed for these threads because there is a thread that was made for just these types of situations. The idea behind the thread I linked to is that it keeps all of the "I'm leaving" threads from clogging up the forums. Of course, that didn't work because everyone thinks that they're worthy of having their own thread.

Enjoy your new phone.

Thanks. And sorry, I didn't realize there is another specific thread. For the record though, I'm not bashing BB by any means. I still plan to help people out here when I can so I am not leaving per se. And I didn't think a public forum required a certain level of self worth, or whatever worth you deem my thread, for me to post. If a mod sees it as unfit, it can be deleted. Or I will delete it later.
    I just don't see why that if it bugs people so much, they can't just ignore the thread and it will die.
    Anyway, thanks. So far so good.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-18-10 at 09:32 AM. Reason: content edit
    06-18-10 09:08 AM
    I guess I wasn't clear enough. I don't think anyone is worthy when it comes to going against measures set up to condense these threads. I'm not a moderator, it's not up to me to decide.

seeing these off-topic posts without my being a mod, is similar to my seeing idiots driving cars and me not being a cop.
    06-18-10 09:32 AM
    The "cop" is here now, and yes a few posts got deleted, get over it. Play nice gang, and if not, ignore each other, or use PM, but otherwise keep it off the board. We ARE allowed to talk negative about the phones, the carriers, the manufacturers, BUT when we talk about each other THEN we must keep it civil, or it will be removed, or you will feel the **** end of my mod stick.
    06-18-10 09:38 AM
    seeing these off-topic posts without my being a mod, is similar to my seeing idiots driving cars and me not being a cop.
    That is a perfect analogy, though OT posts do not bother me as much as ***** drivers. I would go into all of my driving pet peeves, but that would be, well off topic.
    06-18-10 10:16 AM
    I don't think your post warrants getting flamed. However, I be interested in the factors that went into your decision to switch phones.

What specifically did you like/dislike about blackberry? What does android do better or worse?

06-18-10 10:23 AM
    I don't think your post warrants getting flamed. However, I be interested in the factors that went into your decision to switch phones.

What specifically did you like/dislike about blackberry? What does android do better or worse?

I loooove blackberry. I've had the 8310>8320>8900>9550. Upon getting the storm I fell in love with touchscreen phones. However, I also found the storm to be the glitchiest, most finicky and buggiest phone I've ever had. So, since BB has no other touch phones on the market and I'd pretty much had it with the storm, i've moved on.

So far, and this is only after 2 days.

Things I like about android, or this phone in general

Widgets!!!!
    5 home screens
    Native browser is lightening fast
    HD resolution screen
    OS is lightening fast and so far, no apparent bugs.
    Doesn't need to be synced. Calendar etc syncs ota
    Half the weight of the storm but waaaay better specs.
    No 5+ minute boot times. 30 seconds at most

What I miss:

The phone locks itself every time the screen times out. Pretty annoying when I'm using the calculator for work and always have to hit the power button then slide to unlock. So I miss not having to do this.

No notepad. Downloaded a good one though.

I don't know if I'd say that Android is better, just different. And a brand new phone that is super snappy and well spec'ed is a big part of liking this phone. If my storm ran like this one does with BB os, I never would have switched.
    Still hope BB gets their game together for the S3.
    Last edited by bamalamwoahblackberry; 06-18-10 at 11:46 AM.
    06-18-10 10:58 AM
    You're right...this isn't a life choice, it's just a phone. Enjoy the droid.
    06-18-10 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the info, sorry to see you switch, I am very interested in the droid OS. I would love to know more about it.
    06-18-10 11:43 AM
    The "cop" is here now, and yes a few posts got deleted, get over it. Play nice gang, and if not, ignore each other, or use PM, but otherwise keep it off the board. We ARE allowed to talk negative about the phones, the carriers, the manufacturers, BUT when we talk about each other THEN we must keep it civil, or it will be removed, or you will feel the **** end of my mod stick.
    /wave
    06-18-10 12:18 PM
    The phone locks itself every time the screen times out. Pretty annoying when I'm using the calculator for work and always have to hit the power button then slide to unlock. So I miss not having to do this.
    No Lock v1.02 Application for Android | Productivity
    06-18-10 12:57 PM
    SWEEEEET!!! Thanks. Just installed it. Not sure why everyone gives you so much flack around here.
    06-18-10 01:24 PM
    Well PK or any other mod, why did the OP have to begin his/her thread talking
    about insecure BB users??? Does a goodbye thread have to bash other Crackberry
    members?????? Still have your mod stick ready???
    06-18-10 01:33 PM
    Well PK or any other mod, why did the OP have to begin his/her thread talking
    about insecure BB users??? Does a goodbye thread have to bash other Crackberry
    members?????? Still have your mod stick ready???
    I specified "the insecure blackberry users", to distinguish the whiners like yourself from the normal down to earth blackberry users. Most members are cool, as this thread shows. But there are a handful of people on this site with "my dad can beat up your dad" syndrome.
    Why you trying to start !#$% anyway?
    06-18-10 01:46 PM
    I specified "the insecure blackberry users", to distinguish the whiners like yourself from the normal down to earth blackberry users. Most members are cool, as this thread shows. But there are a handful of people on this site with "my dad can beat up your dad" syndrome.
    Why you trying to start !#$% anyway?
    I didn't throw any insults... you did....

so now, I'll let the mods handle you.
    06-18-10 01:47 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    06-18-10 01:54 PM
    I deleted the personal attack! Don't make me close the thread gang! Talk phones, carriers etc, NOT ill of each other, GOT IT!

Anyways I also changed the title to more accurately reflect the content.
    06-18-10 02:24 PM
    bamalamwoahblackberry,

I highly recommend you to google for an android forum. you will definitely find all answers there for your problems and questions about your Android.

By the way, you should change your Device in preferences in this forum from Storm 2 to Android.

You're very welcome to ask, if you need help with blackberry devices @ crackberry.
    06-18-10 02:46 PM
    bamalamwoahblackberry,

I highly recommend you to google for an android forum. you will definitely find all answers there for your problems and questions about your Android.

By the way, you should change your Device in preferences in this forum from Storm 2 to Android.

You're very welcome to ask, if you need help with blackberry devices @ crackberry.
    Thank you very much for your insightful advise and personal blessing allowing me to ask for help on blackberry related issues. And I certainly hadn't thought to seek out an android forum. That is a brilliant idea that I never would have thought of if not for your kind advice and guidance. You are indeed an asset to the human race, and even more importantly, the blackberry community.
    Have a nice day, friend.
    06-18-10 02:55 PM
    I took a step into the Android camp from the 8330 with the Droid, but returned it. Yup, it was amazing. It ran apps wonderfully, loved the widgets, FAST browser that looked like a browser . It was a work of art to look at, too. Beautiful., And that display - wow. But... Email is better on the BB, the Droid hard keyboard sucks, and unlocking to answer a call was Just Plain Stupid (c). It's a PHONE - I should be just able to answer it, and not have to play with it.

I downloaded the unlocker and it kinda worked, but not always that well.

I shipped it back in exchange for a 9550. Glad I did. I did like certain things about the Droid though and wish I could smoosh both units together into the perfect phone!

Oh well. I do have a Droid charging cradle free to a good home. And a horizontal holster. The holster fits the Storm, too
    06-18-10 03:09 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD