i have made the switch to Android. Evo 4G!

So far so good. I was looking for things to hate on ...

1.) Battery life sucks!
    fix: Went from 1500M battery to a 1750m battery. Just ordered another one.

2.)Emails were coming in 10 mins after they were sent. As a former BB user (may go back in future) i am not used to that! I need my emails here chop chop chop!
    fix: messed with the phone. fixed the Sync. They come in nice. this is a deal breaker though. I need emails to flow nicely or I'm cutting heads!

3.) When I got the evo the keyboard was ehhhh!
    fix: practice!

So far so good!
    09-18-10 11:51 AM
    Enjoy the Evo, it is a great device.
    09-18-10 12:01 PM
    Always takes time to change platforms...each one has good and bad IMO...I miss some stuff from Andriod, mostly free apps...

BB suites my life-style better though...for now, might one day go back to Andriod as some of the newer devices that have come out since I had my mytouch3G and Cliq make those phones look ancient, lol!

Loved the X and Incredible when I played with them and they weren't even running froyo...

Enjoy your EVO, buddy has one and loves it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 12:04 PM
    i have made the switch to Android. Evo 4G!

So far so good. I was looking for things to hate on ..
    So far so good!
    Until you do without you really don't fully appreciate just how elegant and functional BB email/messaging is. Miss bbm more than anything ... but after four days sans BB, I've found too many reasons not to go back.

Too bad ... just love to have a BBroid.
    09-18-10 12:17 PM
    I think most of us here are former BB users, and until you make the jump, you don't realize what you've been missing.
    09-18-10 12:52 PM
    I thought i would miss my 9550 but now i don't. The reason was that i wanted things to be where they were in a bb. So the greatest part is to get rid of the bb mentality. We use YIM and we're doing just fine and now were able to do video calling and push to talk on our androids. But i understand how you guys feel, because i too had thoughts about going back

09-18-10 01:10 PM
    2.)Emails were coming in 10 mins after they were sent. As a former BB user (may go back in future) i am not used to that! I need my emails here chop chop chop!
    fix: messed with the phone. fixed the Sync. They come in nice. this is a deal breaker though. I need emails to flow nicely or I'm cutting heads!
    This is a concern of mine also being on Yahoo's mail. May I ask what you did to get near RIM email speed?
    09-18-10 02:00 PM
    This is a concern of mine also being on Yahoo's mail. May I ask what you did to get near RIM email speed?
    There is an Android Yahoo Mail application now.
    09-18-10 02:33 PM
    There is an Android Yahoo Mail application now.
    As a former BB user I needed to find a way to get my emails as fast as the BB did. Here what I did. Follow the thread I created. http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/ho...tc-evo-530201/
    09-18-10 04:22 PM
    Welcome to the Android community and congrats on the evo, very good phone. Lots of us are bb ex-pats. I switched from bb the day the moto Droid came out. The first week was an adjustment, but it all started coming together and I never considered looking back after that. Next stop for Android newbies...root access.
    09-18-10 08:26 PM
    Root acces? Sounds good. What is it? Haha
    09-18-10 08:59 PM
    Also too, if you take and forward your non-gmail accounts to your gmail account they should be pretty instantaneous.
    09-19-10 05:15 AM
    That's a laugh! I receive emails every bit as fast as I do on my Blackberry.
    09-19-10 05:24 AM
    Root acces? Sounds good. What is it? Haha
    Root access essential gives you administrative privileges on your device. You can edit every single line of source code, should you know how to do so, that you want with out being denied due to security warnings.
    09-19-10 10:55 AM
    You should try the apps k9 or maildroid they are alternative email clients that both have push mail support.
    09-19-10 12:42 PM
    I thought i would miss my 9550 but now i don't. The reason was that i wanted things to be where they were in a bb. So the greatest part is to get rid of the bb mentality. We use YIM and we're doing just fine and now were able to do video calling and push to talk on our androids. But i understand how you guys feel, because i too had thoughts about going back

Absolutely right! The temptation to switch back really goes away if you can get past the "how did I do this on my BB?" The Droid way (or iOS or whatever non-BB OS) is just different. I still have a Tour for backup purposes, but haven't missed it at all the past couple of months.
    09-19-10 12:44 PM
    I enjoy the Swype typing on the EPIC. I bought the EPIC since I thought "I needed a keyboard", I use the Swype method far more than the keyboard.
    09-19-10 05:41 PM
    Android email can't hold a candle to Rim, however I too have found too many reasons not to go back.
    09-20-10 10:10 PM
    You should try the apps k9 or maildroid they are alternative email clients that both have push mail support.
    You posted a good idea! I agree with you!
    09-20-10 10:30 PM
    I always come back to bb. I got an iphone, then came back. An HTC Hero, then came back. Palm Pre then back again. And finally the EVO. My Bold is to be delivered tomorrow. My problem is that I get fooled into believing that I want to do more with my device than just voice calls, messaging, and PIM functions. But I don't. 90 percent of my time on my phone is spent doing those things. When I get devices that do decidedly more like the EVO, I get frustrated because the things I do most are little bit harder and less intuitive than on a bb. So once my frustration levels get too high, I clamor for a bb again. And I haven't really learned my lesson because I have already started to like the looks of WP7. Lol. Vicious cycle.

09-21-10 02:15 AM
    I always come back to bb. I got an iphone, then came back. An HTC Hero, then came back. Palm Pre then back again. And finally the EVO. My Bold is to be delivered tomorrow. My problem is that I get fooled into believing that I want to do more with my device than just voice calls, messaging, and PIM functions. But I don't. 90 percent of my time on my phone is spent doing those things. When I get devices that do decidedly more like the EVO, I get frustrated because the things I do most are little bit harder and less intuitive than on a bb. So once my frustration levels get too high, I clamor for a bb again. And I haven't really learned my lesson because I have already started to like the looks of WP7. Lol. Vicious cycle.

Lol, sounds more like an addiction.
    09-21-10 06:47 AM
    Android email can't hold a candle to Rim
    I disagree.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f156/
    09-21-10 07:50 AM
    Now that's kinda funny... LOL

I understand how you guys feel. I came from a 9530 to a 9550 to the Incredible for the past month, and back to the 9550 temporarily and using the Droid over WiFi.

When I was first using the Droid I was selecting things by accident all the time because I was used to the SurePress screen, lol.

I truly miss BBM, the universal inbox and the notifications on BB. So I activated the Storm2 one last time before I sell it, lol. Now that I got used to the Incredible, I now find the 3.2" screen of the Storm2 to be really small and the SurePress click is stiff as h e l l. I'm coming back to the Incredible in the next few days...

Things are just done differently on the Android platform. Just gotta get used to it. The screen of the Incredible is so much better and the OS is faster. And the apps run way better over the BB equivalent. The battery life does suck, but whatever.
    09-21-10 12:16 PM

Just stick with BBs man... I would really hate to be your wallet with the way you are always switching lol.
    09-21-10 12:19 PM
    Just stick with BBs man... I would really hate to be your wallet with the way you are always switching lol.
    I agree. Just stick to what works for you and forget about the hype. I know many people who constantly switch devices (myself included) would benefit from taking a nice long break from sites like this, BGR, Engadget etc.. When following those sites, you're always in the know about new devices and it makes you want them and then discussing stuff with other users also makes you want a device. Sometimes it's just good to not know. I know it's better for my wallet to not know.
    09-21-10 02:31 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD