I'd have to agree with the previous post...a vast majority wouldnt know what iOS is either. Now to weigh in on the women and Android issue. I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I won't lie and say I don't care what the phone looks like BUT ill take an ugly one that runs better over a cute one that doesn't do sh*t anyday. I am a techie though. Love computers phones ipods stereo surround sound all that cap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 11:40 AM
    Shat...i better clarify my original response rider....you were asking her opinion, I know....but when I was a boy, looks came first. Now I prefer functional, intellectual, women. same with my phone...i thought the sgs looked better, but I chose the x. I haven't lost a connection yet.....to me, that is better, and that in a woman makes them better looking
    It goes the opposite too. Like in a man. Functional and intellectual is definintely better and makes a man better looking.
    LOL I still want it all......................
    10-19-10 11:59 AM
    Well, I'm a female and I just ordered a G2. (Yes! I'm jumping ship!). And I know what Android is and I plan to hack the heck out of my phone.

I don't care what a phone looks like as long as it's top notch and does what I want.
    10-19-10 07:27 PM
    Shat...i better clarify my original response rider....you were asking her opinion, I know....but when I was a boy, looks came first. Now I prefer functional, intellectual, women. same with my phone...i thought the sgs looked better, but I chose the x. I haven't lost a connection yet.....to me, that is better, and that in a woman makes them better looking
    I have to agree with you on that as far as the SGS goes. But wait til ya hit fiddy. Ya need the right kinda mix, ya definitely want a magical woman.
    Yeah there ya go a I want Glenda the good witch that knows how to work a wand.....
    10-20-10 08:48 AM
    I have to agree with you on that as far as the SGS goes. But wait til ya hit fiddy. Ya need the right kinda mix, ya definitely want a magical woman.
    Yeah there ya go a I want Glenda the good witch that knows how to work a wand.....
    Rol......that is too funny! Good way to start the day, with Glenda! And a good newspaper of course....
    10-20-10 09:51 AM
    Rol......that is too funny! Good way to start the day, with Glenda! And a good newspaper of course....
    Yeah funny but soooooo true. LMAO
    10-20-10 10:12 AM
    My daughter has a Dx, wife a Droid, stepson Droid, I've got a Dinc. Daughter has a Curve, daughter and other stepson have dumbphones (he had a Storm and hated the POS).
    10-20-10 03:49 PM
    I've actually only seen two people with Android devices and they were both men. Everyone else I know and have seen have iPhones and BlackBerry smartphones. I do think that Android targets men. Their advertising seems to be very aggessive and masculine.
    10-21-10 07:25 AM
    I've actually only seen two people with Android devices and they were both men. Everyone else I know and have seen have iPhones and BlackBerry smartphones. I do think that Android targets men. Their advertising seems to be very aggessive and masculine.
    You mean Verizons advertising? There are no Android advertisements, and the only really masculine advertisements are for Verizons whole Droid line. T-mobile and Sprint advertisements seem neutral. I haven't seen many AT&T ones besides the one with the dude in the subway who loads his webpage super fast to switch train schedules and meets that girl and then marries her and becomes President of the United States. That one is more of an AT&T network advertisement though.
    10-21-10 07:39 AM
    You mean Verizons advertising? There are no Android advertisements, and the only really masculine advertisements are for Verizons whole Droid line. T-mobile and Sprint advertisements seem neutral. I haven't seen many AT&T ones besides the one with the dude in the subway who loads his webpage super fast to switch train schedules and meets that girl and then marries her and becomes President of the United States. That one is more of an AT&T network advertisement though.
    I have to agree it's more of a VZ thing. I think thats why maybe they made the r2d2 Droid giving the image of cute n cuddly to appeal to the women. Women tend to lean to the cute n cuddly.....
    10-21-10 08:41 AM
    I had forgotten about that commercial. Now that you mention it, VZW advertisements tend to highlight the Android platform more than other carriers. Looking at the commercial you mentioned, I don't think that it even indicates that it is an Android phone. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    10-21-10 09:56 AM
    I had forgotten about that commercial. Now that you mention it, VZW advertisements tend to highlight the Android platform more than other carriers. Looking at the commercial you mentioned, I don't think that it even indicates that it is an Android phone. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are correct. It is suppose to shows the speed of AT&Ts network, although it is a little dramatic (pages load instantly). It is a Moto Backflip if I remember correctly. I don't remember seeing any Captivate commercials though. HTC markets their devices with commercials and so does Sprint and T-mobile (and they mention the devices use Android).
    10-21-10 10:14 AM
    Wife has a mytouch3G and Sister-in-law has a Driod 1...know quite a few woman on FB or at work with Andriod powered devices, more so than Apples. BB's still rule the roast as they are issued at work...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 04:21 PM
    I know more about tech than my husband, and I own what was apparently declared a manly phone in the Galaxy. Last I checked I have ovaries...not every single female with an Android phone only has it for the cute factor. I like cute as much as the next person but in my tech I want specs and performance.
    10-23-10 05:07 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD