I posted this over at Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones & the Motorola Droid as well.

But take a look at how well the Droid is doing. It's kickin some serious arse : )

Enjoy

It’s Droid, Droid, Baby – GigaOM
    12-28-09 02:29 PM
    The stats look good, CK...
    12-28-09 02:34 PM
    SD!! Miss ya brutha. I hope you been well.

Love the Santa Hat hahahahaha
    12-28-09 02:41 PM
    SD!! Miss ya brutha. I hope you been well.

Love the Santa Hat hahahahaha
    Thanks Man! I miss seeing you around as well, bro. All is well and hope things are good on your end also. Always a pleasure running into ya...
    12-28-09 02:44 PM
    I am a droid owner so I am obviously not trying to trash the study but, all it says basically is that Droid had a lot more downloads over the holiday season than other android phones.

I don't see how this couldn't happen. I mean, the G1 owners already have their programs, right?

With that said, I am glad the Droid is a hige success. It's the greatest smartphone I have ever seen or owned.
    12-28-09 03:11 PM
    It's nice to finally have a kick arse phone :-)
    12-28-09 03:31 PM
    I'm glad to see the DROID is doing so well, I'm curious how the Eris is fairing too though.
    12-28-09 03:34 PM
    not a storm
    12-28-09 04:40 PM
    not a storm
    Excellent observational skills my friend.
    12-28-09 05:20 PM
    I think it's funny to see a couple names in this thread that I seem to recognize as BB fanatics. The revolution has started. People got on me for being upset that my Storm didn't do what it was supposedly designed to do. I'm now one happy camper that I have a phone that does exactly what it was designed to do. The Droid is one of the best pieces of tech I've bought in a long time...and it won't soon be replaced.
    12-29-09 01:05 AM
    Can someone who has the droid answer a question for me? I went in a played around with one, and it had some cool stuff on it, and I'm all about getting new things and trying something new... but it was lacking one thing that I love about my BB and I'm wondering if maybe there's an app that will do this... custom text tones.

I don't talk much on the phone except for work, I mostly text. I enjoy knowing when I get a text and my phone is sitting on the charger or a few feet away or whatever the case may be, if it is my girl or my boss or someone not important enough to have their own tone.

Thanks!
    12-29-09 01:18 AM
    I'm still looking for the equivalent of Sound Profiles too...about the only weak point. What you can do is set a different sound for most everything else. SMS uses the "default" notification tone...but pretty much every other apps notification settings (including email) are customizable app by app.
    12-29-09 01:29 AM
    Can someone who has the droid answer a question for me? I went in a played around with one, and it had some cool stuff on it, and I'm all about getting new things and trying something new... but it was lacking one thing that I love about my BB and I'm wondering if maybe there's an app that will do this... custom text tones.

I don't talk much on the phone except for work, I mostly text. I enjoy knowing when I get a text and my phone is sitting on the charger or a few feet away or whatever the case may be, if it is my girl or my boss or someone not important enough to have their own tone.

Thanks!
    yo man get handcent, and when you text the person, look in the message and you will see that setting button and boom there you go, msg if u have any ???
    12-29-09 02:35 AM
    So this "handcent" is a droid app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 01:29 AM
    So this "handcent" is a droid app?

Handcent is the must-have sms/mms replacement app.

You can customize everything.. and i mean EVERYTHING-

$Matt
    12-31-09 01:49 AM
    Handcent rules, easy to install just don't forget to shut off the notifications for the default sms/mms program or you'll get double notifications.
    12-31-09 08:15 AM
    Good for the Droid.. but not hard to beat out a line up of G1, Hero, and MyTouch so I'm not impressed at all.

Still not iPhone numbers.
    12-31-09 11:16 AM
    The Droid is a great phone. I'm very happy to have purchased it.

12-31-09 11:40 AM
    Good for the Droid.. but not hard to beat out a line up of G1, Hero, and MyTouch so I'm not impressed at all.

Still not iPhone numbers.
    where was the iPhone ranked in the top 10 list again?
    12-31-09 12:32 PM
    where was the iPhone ranked in the top 10 list again?
    Top ten list of what? Iphone had 13% more traffic than the Droid in the Month of December. On December 25th, it had 50% more traffic. Are you talking about the top ten list from some dude who writes a blog for Time magazine? Take those rating with a grain of salt, and the iPhone still came in 4th after being on its third iteration, which is essentially the same.

****, T3 named the Hero gadget of the year. Its one persons impression, and its meaningless. The Droid is selling nicely, nearing 800,000 units sold which is very impressive. Don't get it twisted though, Apple isn't scared of Motorola.
    12-31-09 02:02 PM
    Top ten list of what? Iphone had 13% more traffic than the Droid in the Month of December. On December 25th, it had 50% more traffic. Are you talking about the top ten list from some dude who writes a blog for Time magazine? Take those rating with a grain of salt, and the iPhone still came in 4th after being on its third iteration, which is essentially the same.

****, T3 named the Hero gadget of the year. Its one persons impression, and its meaningless. The Droid is selling nicely, nearing 800,000 units sold which is very impressive. Don't get it twisted though, Apple isn't scared of Motorola.
    Everyone is getting it twisted imo; it aint the particular phone. It's the OS
    and as long as manufacturers keep making these nice devices. Along with developers making good software thats what it's all about. Droid is making it's way and when the Euro version hits nice. There will be more Android phones in the year to come. It ain't the one it's the many. I have used this analogy before; but lets try again.
    Apple=Israeli Army (considered the best or one of)
    Adroid=China (probably awesome I'm sure) many devices and carriers
    Which do u think wins in a conventional war.
    Ok, out there but u get my drift.
    01-01-10 12:02 PM
    Everyone is getting it twisted imo; it aint the particular phone. It's the OS
    and as long as manufacturers keep making these nice devices. Along with developers making good software thats what it's all about. Droid is making it's way and when the Euro version hits nice. There will be more Android phones in the year to come. It ain't the one it's the many. I have used this analogy before; but lets try again.
    Apple=Israeli Army (considered the best or one of)
    Adroid=China (probably awesome I'm sure) many devices and carriers
    Which do u think wins in a conventional war.
    Ok, out there but u get my drift.
    Apple is a cunning company. They see that Android poses a serious threat, and you can bet they are going to make some real changes to get the people to keep buying their product. They have massive, and I mean massive customer loyalty going for them.
    01-01-10 02:08 PM

Top ten gadgets from Time Magazine. Droid was #1 iPhone was #4.
    01-01-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD