11-16-09 09:54 AM
    Anybody care to copy and paste the article into this thread? Can't access that site while at work. Many thanks.
    11-16-09 10:05 AM
    I want to start with the first thing that really pops out when you turn the Droid on — the display. I will admit I never had issues with the screen on my iPhone… until the Droid came along. The Droid’s display has a resolution of 480�854 and is 3.7-inches of pure delight. So much so that after using the Droid for almost a week now when I look at the screen on my iPhone everything on it comes across as being blurry.

Apple, we all beg of you, please make Rene’s dream of an iPhone HD come to life by giving us a better screen on the next version of iPhone. Pretty please

The way the Droid handles notifications is not something new but rather a staple of the Android OS. Like many of you, I feel the iPhone does a very poor job with any sort of push notification whether it is a incoming text message or a sports score. So poor in fact that if I receive a sports score and then a text message right afterwords I have no way of knowing the sports score ever came through! On the Droid I can get all the scores pushed to the device and have email, text messages, etc and a simple swipe down on the screen reveals every single notification. I’m not sure about any of you but how the iPhone handles push notifications is getting pretty old at this point.

According to our poll of what Droid feature would you like to see on your iPhone, many of you would like to see the ability to multitask 3rd party applications. Apple’s response to your request has been that multitasking will kill your battery faster than you could ever imagine. Are they correct? Yes and no. Multitasking will have a negative effect on your battery but it’s not as much as Apple claims it to be. Apple needs to let the consumer decide for themselves. If they’d like to take a hit in the battery life department to be able to multitask 3rd party applications, why not let them? Give us the option and make everyone happy.

Conclusion
    So what does this all mean for Apple, and for me? Will I be ditching my iPhone for the Droid? No. I could never leave all of you behind. But I will be keeping the Droid as it definitely has my attention. I can’t say it’s the Verizon network as AT&T service is top notch where I live, but the three things I discussed above have me hooked and good. The Droid really is Apple’s wake up call in a sense. It’s finally a competitive enough device that it should force them to step up and greatly improve upon the iPhone next time around. While I would never tell any of you to do away with your iPhone I will tell you this, if you have a chance to pick one up and give it a whirl, do so as you are sure to enjoy it.
    11-16-09 10:08 AM
    I think this is the first time I've read something on that site that is not totally biased and pro iphone.
    11-16-09 10:18 AM
    I just stumbled upon it. Blew me away; never went on there before
    11-16-09 10:58 AM
    Amazing. Even the comments are civil, I was expecting a flamefest, but not a troll to be found.
    11-16-09 11:01 AM
    Wait. An ifanboy tries another phone and really likes it. So **** froze over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 11:02 AM
    Amazing. Even the comments are civil, I was expecting a flamefest, but not a troll to be found.
    Yeah ummmm u are right; they read this and they decide to merrily
    troll along.
    11-16-09 11:22 AM
    Holy cow, a civil and insightful discussion! How refreshing (and rare).
    11-16-09 11:54 AM
    Most of the time, when an article is published from one of the Smartphone Experts, it will be insightful.
    11-16-09 12:08 PM
    I want to start with the first thing that really pops out when you turn the Droid on � the display. I will admit I never had issues with the screen on my iPhone� until the Droid came along. The Droid�s display has a resolution of 480�854 and is 3.7-inches of pure delight. So much so that after using the Droid for almost a week now when I look at the screen on my iPhone everything on it comes across as being blurry.

Apple, we all beg of you, please make Rene�s dream of an iPhone HD come to life by giving us a better screen on the next version of iPhone. Pretty please

The way the Droid handles notifications is not something new but rather a staple of the Android OS. Like many of you, I feel the iPhone does a very poor job with any sort of push notification whether it is a incoming text message or a sports score. So poor in fact that if I receive a sports score and then a text message right afterwords I have no way of knowing the sports score ever came through! On the Droid I can get all the scores pushed to the device and have email, text messages, etc and a simple swipe down on the screen reveals every single notification. I�m not sure about any of you but how the iPhone handles push notifications is getting pretty old at this point.

According to our poll of what Droid feature would you like to see on your iPhone, many of you would like to see the ability to multitask 3rd party applications. Apple�s response to your request has been that multitasking will kill your battery faster than you could ever imagine. Are they correct? Yes and no. Multitasking will have a negative effect on your battery but it�s not as much as Apple claims it to be. Apple needs to let the consumer decide for themselves. If they�d like to take a hit in the battery life department to be able to multitask 3rd party applications, why not let them? Give us the option and make everyone happy.

Conclusion
    So what does this all mean for Apple, and for me? Will I be ditching my iPhone for the Droid? No. I could never leave all of you behind. But I will be keeping the Droid as it definitely has my attention. I can�t say it�s the Verizon network as AT&T service is top notch where I live, but the three things I discussed above have me hooked and good. The Droid really is Apple�s wake up call in a sense. It�s finally a competitive enough device that it should force them to step up and greatly improve upon the iPhone next time around. While I would never tell any of you to do away with your iPhone I will tell you this, if you have a chance to pick one up and give it a whirl, do so as you are sure to enjoy it.
    wow, your such a fanboy.......................
    11-16-09 12:13 PM
    He copied and pasted from the blog itself, champ.
    11-16-09 12:24 PM
    I would like to add it was written by an iphone user/blogger.....
    11-16-09 12:26 PM
    satan, we rebuke you!!!! you are not welcome in the house of the lord...i mean droid. lol

i would also tell you to go to he11, but... yeah. please don't send demons for me.
    11-16-09 12:31 PM
    satan, we rebuke you!!!! you are not welcome in the house of the lord...i mean droid. lol

i would also tell you to go to he11, but... yeah. please don't send demons for me.
    Did you just mention the lord????????????????????? How dare you. And yes, telling me to go to he11 wouldnt do any good because im going back home tonight anyways to punish some folks.
    11-16-09 12:35 PM
    Haha! Ability-to-follow-the-link-in-the-OP-and-read-the-blog-post FAIL!

I think the most he'll do is send Saddam Heussen to get you. *South Park reference*
    11-16-09 12:36 PM
    Haha! Ability-to-follow-the-link-in-the-OP-and-read-the-blog-post FAIL!

I think the most he'll do is send Saddam Heussen to get you. *South Park reference*
    Actually that was my brother Asmodeus, we switch places sometimes. Im lucifer.
    11-16-09 12:39 PM
    Did you just mention the lord????????????????????? How dare you. And yes, telling me to go to he11 wouldnt do any good because im going back home tonight anyways to punish some folks.
    Is that a 2g phone you are using??????
    I bet that thing is smoking fast.
    11-16-09 12:45 PM
    Is that a 2g phone you are using??????
    I bet that thing is smoking fast.
    HA! The browser on my "2g" phone is faster than that of the iPhones.
    11-16-09 12:46 PM
    HA! The browser on my "2g" phone is faster than that of the iPhones.
    How about the droid?????

Survey says ....... XXXXXXXX
    11-16-09 12:49 PM
    How about the droid?????

Survey says ....... XXXXXXXX
    the best thing about the droid is its screen size. I hope the HTC passion is THE droid phone.
    11-16-09 12:50 PM
    the best thing about the droid is its screen size. I hope the HTC passion is THE droid phone.
    Release? I have played with the ERIS and it is pretty sweet. I like the actual hardware better than my droid. However the turn by turn navigation is worth having an ugly phone.

It is also funny to here people bashing motorola...
    Didnt they have one of the most popular cell phones of all time in the original razr?
    11-16-09 12:55 PM
    Release? I have played with the ERIS and it is pretty sweet. I like the actual hardware better than my droid. However the turn by turn navigation is worth having an ugly phone.

It is also funny to here people bashing motorola...
    Didnt they have one of the most popular cell phones of all time in the original razr?
    Yeah but then they went and made the Moto Q, the worst smartphone ever imo.
    11-16-09 12:58 PM
    Yeah but then they went and made the Moto Q, the worst smartphone ever imo.
    A buddy of mine had that thing...Oh it was awful...Peaks and valleys. Their phones since are probably the reason MOTO is struggling so bad.

Even the Droid is ugly as all get out. However the phone being open and the android 2.0 makes it sweet.
    11-16-09 01:01 PM
    Actually that was my brother Asmodeus, we switch places sometimes. Im lucifer.
    Miserable failure, amateur, you wouldn't stand a chance against a real Troll.
    11-16-09 01:59 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD