Could the Droid Be the Device That Finally Beats the IPhone? - Advertising Age - Digital

I'm finding it very DIFFICULT to wait for this phone another second!!

I'm still a bit ify till we see more preview/reviews. I'm hoping we get some new info on the phone this week!
    Last edited by nate8u; 10-26-09 at 11:16 AM.
    10-26-09 11:12 AM
    I've used the Moto and htc android phones that are going to vzw...and I gotta say I've never been ashamed of owning a blackberry. I could only imagine comparing with the iphone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:32 AM
    Well it's like this. Against an onslaught Apple will eventually succumb.
    Also a point AT&T will get the android as well.
    10-26-09 12:44 PM
    I've used the Moto and htc android phones that are going to vzw...and I gotta say I've never been ashamed of owning a blackberry. I could only imagine comparing with the iphone!

Ok patches how good will the moto be.. About a mini review

10-26-09 01:22 PM
    Good read. But this article is somewhat off-base because they fail to realize that Apple is in trouble. Sure, the apple loyal, the overall experience and the awesome app store will certainly help Apple persevere. But here are some important factors to throw into the equation.

1. Moto Droid's superior hardware specs
    2. The Android 2.0 OS at least comes close to the Mobile OSX experience (according to preliminary reviews). It may even trump the Mobile OSX because of open development.
    3. The Verizon network has better coverage and a huge subscriber base that hasn't yet moved to smart phones.
    4. Their has been chatter across various tech blogs that AT&T is unhappy with their arrangement with Apple (unfairly subsidized and to much influence in network policy) They may very well have extended their exclusivity while picking up Adroid phones for the express purpose of screwing Apple over.
    5. Verizon wants to see Apple fail. The chatter from the tech blogs is that Verizon felt like they were nearly blackmailed into accepting an unfair exclusivity agreement with the iPhone.
    6. Amidst all the reports of dropped calls and bad service in certain areas of the country, their could be a substantial number of people ready to walk away from ATT despite having a great phone.

As far as cons are concerned:
    1. The Moto Droid may not be attractive enough for those who take aesthetics seriously in their phones. (my judgment is reserved until I get one in my hand)
    2. At 6oz it's a bit too heavy for the type of people who dress light and bounce around from place to place. (my judgment is reserved until I get one in my hand)
    3. Expensive data plans. I believe the cheapest plan on Verizon is 59.99 and that does not include minutes for talking. The next plan up is 99.99 with 240 minutes. That's a big hangup for a lot of people.
    4. The recession.
    10-26-09 02:33 PM
    As far as cons are concerned:
    1. The Moto Droid may not be attractive enough for those who take aesthetics seriously in their phones. (my judgment is reserved until I get one in my hand)
    2. At 6oz it's a bit too heavy for the type of people who dress light and bounce around from place to place. (my judgment is reserved until I get one in my hand)
    3. Expensive data plans. I believe the cheapest plan on Verizon is 59.99 and that does not include minutes for talking. The next plan up is 99.99 with 240 minutes. That's a big hangup for a lot of people.
    4. The recession.[/QUOTE]

I am on the fence between 2 separate ballparks. I'm obsessed with the droid, but I am just as strongly considering a 9700 w T-mobiles project dark plan. I dunno if the extras are worth it. Not even considering iphone though. the gf has one and I hate it.
    I get T-mobile coverage good here, but I can certainly make use of the extra android features and as smartphones have become an addiction that helps me maintain my sanity five days a week, Android seems like it will take longer to "build a tolerance" to..
    10-26-09 03:03 PM
    The data will cost you 29.99$ unlimted capped at 5gb. Same as the iphone and BIS BB data plans. I like the looks. I was never fond of the egg shaped android and pre phones. Weight well that makes the phone more sturdy and doesn't feel like a toy.

10-26-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD