Okay, I played with the new Iphone this morning along side with my Incredible. The Iphone is built very nice and looks great! It's fast and it flat out the best Iphone thus far.

I surfed the same sites with my phone and the Iphone and being very honest, the Incredible was faster. Also, what I don't like is if you go to CNN mobile on the Iphone, it won't pinch and zoom, same with Fox News and a few other sites. With my Incredible, I can pinch and zoom just about every website I go to.

As for reception and call quality, its too early to say anything about it. From what I have been reading so far is that the Iphone is suffering from the same issues as the older ones......poor network. Big suprise there. LOL

Also, the antenna from early reports show it to be not as good as advertised.

In summary, I need to make calls on a consistant basis. It's true, the Verizon Network is just too good for it's competition.
    06-24-10 12:38 PM
    Okay, I played with the new Iphone this morning along side with my Incredible. The Iphone is built very nice and looks great! It's fast and it flat out the best Iphone thus far.

I surfed the same sites with my phone and the Iphone and being very honest, the Incredible was faster. Also, what I don't like is if you go to CNN mobile on the Iphone, it won't pinch and zoom, same with Fox News and a few other sites. With my Incredible, I can pinch and zoom just about every website I go to.

As for reception and call quality, its too early to say anything about it. From what I have been reading so far is that the Iphone is suffering from the same issues as the older ones......poor network. Big suprise there. LOL

In summary, I need to make calls on a consistant basis. It's true, the Verizon Network is just too good for it's competition.
    Thanks; how is the image quality between the two. Is the 4g much nicer?
    Is the 4g made out of metal?
    Also I read where there wasn't true multi-tasking?
    Thanks
    06-24-10 12:48 PM
    06-24-10 12:55 PM
    Yeah I saw that..................
    06-24-10 12:58 PM
    Yeah I saw that..................
    How do you not catch that in testing? Yahoo news had an article on 5 reasons not to buy it. Pretty interesting.
    06-24-10 01:03 PM
    How do you not catch that in testing? Yahoo news had an article on 5 reasons not to buy it. Pretty interesting.
    Ha ha ha ha.........
    U know it beats me; so much for superior flawless product.
    Lets see if they can fix it as time passes or if they hide their
    heads in the sand and see if it goes away.
    06-24-10 01:13 PM
    rofll at iphone fail! i bet the apple fanboys are pretty upset HA
    06-24-10 01:17 PM
    Thanks; how is the image quality between the two. Is the 4g much nicer?
    Is the 4g made out of metal?
    Also I read where there wasn't true multi-tasking?
    Thanks
    Image quality is about the same, I didn't really notice any difference.

The antenna is made of metal and the body is glass. God forbid if you carry that thing around naked or put it on a rough table.

Didn't fool with multitasking.

Like I said, it's built fantastic with the best materials. At the end of the day, I would rather have all my calls go through then worry about reception.
    06-24-10 01:43 PM
    Image quality is about the same, I didn't really notice any difference.

The antenna is made of metal and the body is glass. God forbid if you carry that thing around naked or put it on a rough table.

Didn't fool with multitasking.

Like I said, it's built fantastic with the best materials. At the end of the day, I would rather have all my calls go through then worry about reception.
    Thats interesting about the display, since it is touted as one of the strong points. Also it was said that the eye can only see so many pixels.
    Thanks
    06-24-10 01:49 PM
    i also briefly handled an iphone 4 today. being completely honest and unbiased i would say the hardware looks and feels top notch, better than my 'plastic' incredible. lol. iphone 4 is very heavy though. the display looked really good and sharp but not noticeably better than my inc, maybe about the same. didn't try the retina zoom thing. even though the display is only .2" smaller than the incredible the on screen stuff looked noticeably smaller, probably due to the higher resolution.

in my brief time with it i was impressed with the exterior presentation, especially compared to the 3gs and my incredible.

it is a shame that apple continuously has glaring sw or hw issues that don't get caught in their q/a though. it seems to happen with all of their products. they do get resolved at some point but they shouldn't be hitting the market with those issues to begin with.
    06-24-10 01:52 PM

The iPhone 4 is built way better than the incredible. It's made of glass and steel while the incredible is made of some cheap plastic. Sorry but you gotta give credit to where it's due. HTC should start building quality phones. They did good with the Nexus. One but failed with the incredible and EVO. I know Motorola won't disappoint with the Droid X.
    06-24-10 02:14 PM
    its built better than htc but i read over on gizmodo that the glass actually gets scratches
    06-24-10 02:27 PM
    HTC should start building quality phones. They did good with the Nexus. One but failed with the incredible and EVO. I know Motorola won't disappoint with the Droid X.
    you just won't give up with the build quality nonsense. lol. the iphone does use better materials, but that doesn't mean htc "failed" with the inc or the evo. my inc has excellent build quality, no gaps, no loose buttons, no wiggly parts, no screen blotches, no pieces falling off, no paint coming off, no loose battery doors...nada. those would be "build quality" issues. but the inc has no build quality issues to mention.

now if your definition of build quality is using only metal and glass then, ok, you may have a point, but it's a point based on build materials not build quality. lol
    06-24-10 02:30 PM
    Quality phones take a long time to design, build, and test. Apple releases one phone a year. HTC released 28 phones since I started typing this reply. Even given's Apple's ability to wildly mess up (hurr left handed user call drops), the iPhone has a strong possibility of lasting to the end of a two-year contract.

I'm sure HTC also works with the carriers on the specific things they want. So you get the Incredible on Verizon, and the EVO on Sprint, which are obviously related, but each carrier must have written different spec requests. HTC likely started with a base model and built them out to those desired specs. Apple's relationship with AT&T (and global carriers) is likely not nearly so straightforward or meshed. Apple makes a phone in their secrecy vacuum and AT&T sells them. AT&T's feedback into the design process is likely minimal compared to Verizon standing over HTC as they design Incredibles.

Apple has a "style culture" that runs along their product line. There are things that make an Apple product distinctly "Apple." My iPhone sits in my Apple charging dock connected to my MacBook Pro running OS X and iTunes. It's a string of Apple style culture, dotted with Apple logos and accompanied with a cup of indie brewed coffee and an iPad with the New York Times app running. HTC has no such culture. Their design begins and ends at the edge of the phone's plastic. HTC produces "a device" whereas Apple produces "a solution."

The last point is the merge of hardware and software. Apple does the entire shooting match themselves, from the phone to the OS to the software you sync with. HTC just cranks out phones, with their "software" being the Sense UI on top of Google's OS.
    06-24-10 02:48 PM
    The Incredible's build quality just sucks. Plain and simple. Reviewers have said it multiple times. Go to Android Central and you'll see some people on their 3rd or 4th incredible. You can't even lay the incredible on metal. Wtf is that? HTC needs to improve their phones.
    Last edited by fearmychickens; 06-24-10 at 02:57 PM.
    06-24-10 02:54 PM
    I think it comes down to personal preference. Both are good phones. It really is about the platform, as both phones will hold up fine under "normal" use. When the Droid Pro by Motorola drops at the end of this year, game over for the battle of the finest IMO. Click this link, it compares the X, iphone, evo, Inc, and nexus one.
    Motorola Droid X Vs iPhone 4 Vs HTC Droid Incredible Vs EVO 4G Vs Nexus One | Gadgets DNA
    06-24-10 02:55 PM
    I think it comes down to personal preference. Both are good phones. It really is about the platform, as both phones will hold up fine under "normal" use. When the Droid Pro by Motorola drops at the end of this year, game over for the battle of the finest IMO. Click this link, it compares the X, iphone, evo, Inc, and nexus one.
    Motorola Droid X Vs iPhone 4 Vs HTC Droid Incredible Vs EVO 4G Vs Nexus One | Gadgets DNA
    Johnly yeeeeup when the Pro drops done deal..................
    06-24-10 02:57 PM
    i also briefly handled an iphone 4 today. being completely honest and unbiased i would say the hardware looks and feels top notch, better than my 'plastic' incredible.
    That is the main reason that I prefer Moto's Droid phones to HTC's.

Motorola=Metal
    HTC=Plastic
    06-24-10 03:13 PM
    BTW I am not saying the iphone isn't nice
    06-24-10 03:14 PM
    The Incredible's build quality just sucks. Plain and simple. Reviewers have said it multiple times. Go to Android Central and you'll see some people on their 3rd or 4th incredible. You can't even lay the incredible on metal. Wtf is that? HTC needs to improve their phones.
    post just one review where it says the incredible build quality sucks. you can go to any phone forum where members are on their 3rd or 4th device. try droidforums.net where some users are on their 4th or 5th moto droid because of problems with the slider, screen, or some other issue. it doesn't mean anything really.

i was giving you the benefit of a doubt, but now you're obviously just trolling htc. tried to disguise your true colors for a bit but you've finally come out of the closet. lol.
    06-24-10 03:31 PM
    That is the main reason that I prefer Moto's Droid phones to HTC's.

Motorola=Metal
    HTC=Plastic
    i see you left off the sarcastic 'lol' i put at the end of that statement.

nothing wrong with having a preference though. i'm just not hung up on manufacturer. as long as the phone is durable and the software is great and it's on the carrier i want i could care less. heck i'd still be using a plastic blackberry if their os wasn't like an 80 year old man trying to hang out in a club for 20-30 somethings.
    06-24-10 03:37 PM
    America!!!!!
    06-24-10 03:49 PM
    Keep posting! Great information here.
    06-24-10 05:35 PM

nothing wrong with having a preference though. i'm just not hung up on manufacturer. as long as the phone is durable and the software is great and it's on the carrier i want i could care less. heck i'd still be using a plastic blackberry if their os wasn't like an 80 year old man trying to hang out in a club for 20-30 somethings.
    Not saying that HTC's aren't durable (I've never owned one), I'm just saying that I personally like the feel of the Moto's in my hand. I like a phone with a little weight to it. My wife had the Eris and it just felt "dainty" in my hands.
    06-24-10 07:37 PM

I played with my friends HTC Aria and it seemed like the back was made of metal.
    06-24-10 09:05 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD