I'm definitely getting this phone, can't wait!
    11-06-10 02:05 PM
    11-06-10 04:09 PM
    God damnit I may have to suck it up and get the extended battery then. Son of a *****. If it is LTE then I probably will get it.
    11-06-10 04:19 PM
    This might just be might next phone. I hope htc doesnt pull no g2 crap with this one. I want cyanogenmod.
    11-06-10 04:31 PM
    If its LTE then I might have to upgrade...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 04:48 PM
    This might just be might next phone. I hope htc doesnt pull no g2 crap with this one. I want cyanogenmod.
    I will be waiting until it is rooted and everything else is sorted out before I make my decision. If any BS is pulled on this device it's a no go fromt here. I really wish the display is higher resolution. I can tell the difference between the Evo screen and my DX even though it is almost the same resolution.
    11-06-10 04:54 PM
    I will be waiting until it is rooted and everything else is sorted out before I make my decision. If any BS is pulled on this device it's a no go fromt here. I really wish the display is higher resolution. I can tell the difference between the Evo screen and my DX even though it is almost the same resolution.
    Me too.

There was another tweet hinting that the screen res is higher. Would be nice to see something like 1024x600 like on the galaxy tab. 1 upping the iPhone would be nice.

And no matter what lte device i choose, i will be picking up an extended battery as well.
    11-06-10 05:30 PM
    Me too.

There was another tweet hinting that the screen res is higher. Would be nice to see something like 1024x600 like on the galaxy tab. 1 upping the iPhone would be nice.

And no matter what lte device i choose, i will be picking up an extended battery as well.
    True. I may pass on this anyways. Dual core devices are coming out VERY soon and that will help with battery life and overall the devices will be better. These devices should be out early next year. Plus that will give time to increase the LTE coverage a little bit more... I'll see what happens.
    11-06-10 05:38 PM
    mmmmm.... dual core... I'm going to see how the reviews on that will fare. Other than that, I think I'll be committed to my Droid, for the most part.
    11-06-10 05:46 PM
    If this phone is LTE, I'd be surprised if we see it before the end of the year, but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.
    11-06-10 10:38 PM
    im scared it might even be better than the EVO....no it cant be..right :/
    11-10-10 12:15 PM
    HTC Mecha (Incredible HD) on Verizon -- with LTE, the new Sense and Android 2.2 | Android Central

New pics of the beast. I can sort of make out the 4G icon in the notification bar. 9 Mbps down doesn't sound bad. I'd be happy with anything above the 1.5-2 i'm getting now.
    Last edited by the one and only M; 11-11-10 at 05:19 PM.
    11-11-10 05:17 PM
    Must. Have. This. Phone.
    11-11-10 05:56 PM
    Is the screen glass or plastic?
    11-11-10 06:33 PM
    With the confirmation of lte, I'm in. Now release the damn thing.
    11-11-10 09:55 PM
    ^ me too. didn't think we'd see an lte phone in 2010 and we may still have to wait for 2011, but this is still sooner than i thought. glad i sat on my upgrade so i won't have to pay retail.
    11-12-10 10:33 AM
    really, you must be doing it wrong then....
    gonna be a while before i get bored using this phone.this is Verizon best phone.
    11-12-10 05:58 PM
    Being LTE changes everything. I want it.
    11-12-10 06:32 PM
    I am liking this device less and less every day. If the Desire HD has such terrible battery life on 3G, LTE is going to **** all over this phone. Hopefully not, but a stock Evo running on WiMax is pretty sad battery life. Plus, by the time this device comes out, dual-core processors will be out a month later and this device will be outdated faster than any other Android device to date.

This device looks really nice, but I will have to see how LTE coverage is in my area before I make the move. The specs on this thing aren't impressive compared to the competition it will have very shortly after.
    11-13-10 08:12 AM
    We've been over this though...every new phone is going to be "outdated" in some form or another shortly after its release. The phones that come out a few months after the hd will be outdated in a few months too. It's a viscous cycle in electronics and it's useless trying to keep up. Battery life may be a legit concern but I can deal with that.

...And then there may even be an LTE or standard iPhone coming to vzw by then as well.

All that said, I'll still keep a close eye on the horizon before taking the dive. Satisfied with my current phone, but LTE is tempting.
    11-13-10 08:28 AM
    It is indeed a vicious cycle. The evolution of the cell phone seems to be faster then anything before it. Just think, it's only been a year since the original Droid, and look at all the other new models that have been introduced since. We, as consumers, have to decide to either suck it up, and stick with the phone we have until contract renewal time comes, or suck it up, and shell out a few hundred dollars every few months, if we want the latest and greatest.
    11-13-10 08:59 AM
    We've been over this though...every new phone is going to be "outdated" in some form or another shortly after its release. The phones that come out a few months after the hd will be outdated in a few months too. It's a viscous cycle in electronics and it's useless trying to keep up.
    The Nexus One is almost a year old, and it is still not outdated considering the specs of current devices. The SGS device have better specs, but upgrading single core processors is a much smaller leap than going from single to dual and most likely triple graphics performance. The Nexus One and its hardware is still relevant in the tech world. This device will be irrelevant in 1-2 months time. That is a lot faster than ANY other Android device. The hardware leap is much bigger.

Battery life may be a legit concern but I can deal with that.
    I can see that, you already own the Incredible.

Sorry I had to. Just playing though.

...And then there may even be an LTE or standard iPhone coming to vzw by then as well.
    The thing is there is one iPhone a year. It will always be relevant until a year later. iOS only runs on one smartphone.

All that said, I'll still keep a close eye on the horizon before taking the dive. Satisfied with my current phone, but LTE is tempting.
    Exactly. I am still tempted to get this phone, but I know I will be pissed off when a month later something 2-5x more powerful/efficient comes out. Hopefully more info release on other devices so we can have better judgement on what's to come. But for people who buy this device, I' sure it will work fine.
    11-13-10 09:32 AM
    We've been over this though...every new phone is going to be "outdated" in some form or another shortly after its release. The phones that come out a few months after the hd will be outdated in a few months too. It's a viscous cycle in electronics and it's useless trying to keep up. Battery life may be a legit concern but I can deal with that.

Exactly my thoughts. The device itself is hardly spec worthy to change what I have. It is the LTE I want.
    11-13-10 09:51 AM
    I'm hoping this phone comes out somewhat soon.. but with the LTE news I don't think we'll see it until January or February, at the earliest. Definitely hope I'm wrong though.
    11-13-10 10:49 PM
    This phone does look sick I've got a rooted DINC running skyraider and its already fast. If it were 4G forget about it. Everyones talking about verizon getting the iphone this new incredible looks way better than iphone4. As far as the battery life u get an xtra battery and a car charger and your good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 11:30 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD