Blackberrys get the job done.

I own 5 of them, along with an iPhone and a Palm Centro.

I keep coming back to my Bold because it does everything i need it to do. Phone calls, messaging, calendar, and tasks. I dont have any time to play games during the day, nor do I need to "Tweet", and i could care less what people on Facebook have to say.

On the iPhone, after I loaded a few apps, jailbroke it, and added some themes, it took me forever to have an SMS conversation, new calendar entries took forever to add, and the email was not instant push.

The Blackberry OS has not changed that much because it WORKS. Why would RIM want to change their OS if it gets the job done efficiently and productively.

What do you mean when you say it will get better with Android.. all of the software you listed is available on Blackberrys.

Stop complaining about their ancient OS and get another phone that caters to media and games if you do not use your phone for getting the job done.
    11-08-09 06:28 PM
    No idea why most people don't see what is ahead for RIM. I understand liking a product. I loved RIMS product(s) at one time but it quickly turned sour when I saw what Android, a fledging OS, could do and how far in the stoneage the product I was using really is.

RIM will take a fall because they have failed to stay ahead of the curve (no pun intended.) They release the S1 with a hacked together tired OS (made for trackball) and horrrendous build quality. Way to hit it out of the park guys. Consumer device with the same old tired OS that falls apart and doesn't work properly. This is supposed to be their flagship device? I sholdn't be so harsh though because Mr Balsillie did say "buggy software is the new reality"......

Then the almighty Tour was going to be unleashed. Surely they will get it right. RIM cares about putting out a great product after the S1 debacle. They won't let this release go south. **** no.....this is RIM they can't be that stupid can they? Nah they just ship out thousands of devices with bad trackballs....but loyal BB users sure waited around and wasted countless hours and money waiting to get their "green dot" Tours. It's normal to go through 5-6 phones right? It's RIM and we are crackheads. We'll keep getting bent over by a huge corporation and never ask for a reach around because we love them. Their the best!!! BB for life!!!!

Word gets out that the S2 is going to coming out before years end. It's definitely going to kick the pants off the S1. It has to right? They made a mistake with the S1. They are going to make it right with the new Storm. They won't let the customer down. Hellll no...it's going to be bigger badder and faster than the S1 for sure. They are adding piezo technology oooooooooooooooooooooooooo. What else? Wi-Fi ahhhhhhhhhhh....but thats not all: a little more memory......Wow excellent!!...The S1 users feel really left out....They are missing out.........yeah right.

Ahh but everything will be ok. They are going to come out with the Essexx. Whats that you say? A totally differnt BB that will kick the pants off of every BB in the line-up? Whole new OS?!! great browser?!! the works?!!.........nah just a Tour with wi-fi and a trackpad........

It's amazing what people will put up with.

They are not interested in keeping you happy and they don't love you despite what you think. They REALLY believe the consumer, meaning you, are stupid. Don't laugh it's true.

They THINK they can just kick out the same old tired shiat it and people will continue to snatch it up. Not anymore.....the rules have changed. Believe what you may but what is about to happen to them is nothing new. It's happened to many company's and they are NOT exempt. The real world does not have a blind loyalty to RIM and the offerings are getting better with the explosion of Android on the scene. Despite your resistance to the inevitable it will happen. The RIM ship is taking on water and will eventually sink (not disappear from the market but sink to the bottom)

OS 5.0 hasn't even fully rolled out yet...look how long it has taken AND..AND look what it has to offer.....threaded sms, fancy bubles on BBMand a 3G symbol.

OS 5.0 is your future people. Hope your happy with that.......
    11-08-09 07:03 PM
    Killer rant.

And yes, I am happy. Doesn't sound like you are though.
    11-08-09 07:08 PM
    I'm also happy with my BB. Gets the job done productively and efficiently. Its my first BB but I think will ride with them for the long run. I have no issues with my Tour so I'm good. RIM will be fine..Quick question, will the new webkit browser come as an upgrade through downloadable software or do you have to buy a new BB sometimes next year?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by noized77; 11-08-09 at 07:34 PM.
    11-08-09 07:29 PM
    They are not interested in keeping you happy and they don't love you despite what you think. They REALLY believe the consumer, meaning you, are stupid. Don't laugh it's true.

They THINK they can just kick out the same old tired shiat it and people will continue to snatch it up. Not anymore.....the rules have changed. Believe what you may but what is about to happen to them is nothing new. It's happened to many company's and they are NOT exempt. The real world does not have a blind loyalty to RIM and the offerings are getting better with the explosion of Android on the scene. Despite your resistance to the inevitable it will happen. The RIM ship is taking on water and will eventually sink (not disappear from the market but sink to the bottom)
    I always love reading your posts cereal. This was great but what I've quoted here is what really hit me.

People, he is right in this respect, "It's happened to many company's." Do you remember when Palm made great handheld devices, now they are so far out of the loop they are scratching and clawing their way back. Motorola, the inventor of the cell phone, too for that matter. We can look outside the industry to Chevy. Bankrupt and now we're (those of us in the US) are owners of this company through our government. I could go on an on with companies that trot out tired products with shotty build quality but I won't. It seems RIM looks like they are heading towards falling into this group. I hope not. I hope they see this happening and do things to change it (like many other companies have done).
    11-08-09 07:38 PM
    RIM may not become extinct overnight but they'll have lower their prices. It's ridiculous how much BES costs with a support contract annually. Now with all the added competition in the smart phone market its easy to see RIM as overpriced.
    11-08-09 07:46 PM
    That would suck if that happend since I'm a newbie that just got on board(BB). My situation is different. I knew nothing about RIM's outdated OS before I got my Tour. All I know was that the Tour got nothing but steller reviews which got me to buy the phone and I'm a satisfied customer. So I guess you can say the whole outdated OS doesn't have much of an impact on me compared to the veterans BBs user. Let's see on this plays out into next year.

Last edited by noized77; 11-08-09 at 08:03 PM.
    11-08-09 07:50 PM
    Wow! Well said cereal killer.

I love my blackberry, I really do. I got a good Tour and as a communicator it does a solid job.

That said; my blackberry is provided by my employer. If it wasn't I'd be seriously looking elsewhere.

I just have this growing distaste for RIM... the shoddy quality and rehash of devices. It's going to catch up with them.
    11-08-09 08:00 PM
    Wow! Well said cereal killer.

I love my blackberry, I really do. I got a good Tour and as a communicator it does a solid job.

That said; my blackberry is provided by my employer. If it wasn't I'd be seriously looking elsewhere.

I just have this growing distaste for RIM... the shoddy quality and rehash of devices. It's going to catch up with them.
    That's the thing though, rehashing of devices and shoddy quality has been happening a lot recently for multiple manufacturers. I can throw a rock and hit a manufacturer blatantly doing both. The OS and GUI arguments I get, but RIM necessarily having a worse build quality and more rehashing than other manufacturers isn't quite as clear.
    11-08-09 08:21 PM
    If RIM does not get it done for you... Then jump ship to another OS that does. Easy as that. The BB OS is perfect for a lot of people most who are business pros who need the features that the BB OS offers

11-08-09 09:03 PM
    Kingzee man; you take this stuff too seriously. Relax dude, relax...yes; you may tell me not to make you laugh; but your seriousness regarding all this makes me laugh.

11-08-09 09:18 PM
    Kingzee man; you take this stuff too seriously. Relax dude, relax...yes; you may tell me not to make you laugh; but your seriousness regarding all this makes me laugh.

You think I'm serious? Now you're making ME laugh! This is the weekend sir. Need something to ruffles feathers over.
    11-08-09 09:24 PM
    Wow, this article on the Wall Street Journal pretty much sums up everything I've said.

BlackBerry Offers Low-Hanging Fruit - WSJ.com
    11-09-09 12:49 AM
    Here's one Kingzee....the articles are all over the place: )

I was talking about this a while back.....

Are RIM and the BlackBerry Doomed? | Toktumi VoIP News
    11-09-09 01:18 AM
    Until the release of the MOTO DROID, I was very satisfied with my phone. But after all of the research, reading reviews, watching YouTube videos, going to VZW and actually handling one... I'm convinced now more than ever that RIM is behind the times.

I'm very disappointed with RIM right now. The OS is the main issue. It looks "dated." Don't get me wrong, its not very bad looking, and it also gets the job done. My Tour 9630 is a solid device. But, compared to several smartphones out today, the only thing RIM has going for it is its legacy name. Put any other name on it and it may have been abandoned a long time ago. As well, many businesses have built their infrastructure on the backbone of RIM's services. So, I understand that as well.

Remember the open letter BGR wrote about RIM several months ago? Well, with the release of the MOTO DROID, this is becoming more and more relevant and an eye opener for me. You'd think BGR had been hanging out with Jesus Christ the way the write-up is so spot on! It's almost like prophecy! LOL!

How many ways can you wrap the OS in new hardware? I mean, when I heard the announcement of the 9700 Bold, was anyone else disinterested besides me? The MOTO DROID hadn't even really been discussed at that time. How is it REALLY any different than the Tour? WiFi and a trackpad doesn't make me wish I didn't have my Tour. As well, I went and played with a Storm 2 last week. What's the fuss all about? It honestly seemed no different than the Storm 1 (which I owned for only 7 days).

Furthermore, I rock 5.0 software on my phone, but other than speed, threaded txt messaging and an better looking BBM, how is it much different than 4.6 or 4.7? The OS DOES NOT LOOK OR FUNCTION ANY DIFFERENT!!!

With that said, what is the future of CrackBerry? I'm really concerned. I mean that sincerely. Kevin may want to consider jumping on the Android or iPhone bandwagon soon, or he could be going down with the Titanic. It's a harsh reality. Does anyone else see what I'm seeing??? It's sad, man. Just sad.

I'm pretty sure even Kevin has had the same exact thoughts. Everyone knows it. Because, again, when BGR posted his open letter, everyone was pretty much in FULL AGREEMENT.

Bottomline, I'm jumping ship first chance I get. Looks like I'll have the DROID soon. Maybe this week. We'll see. If I do, I'll post a video review. If RIM ever decides to get its act together, I just MAY come back. Gonna take A LOT of convincing though, with Google Android and Apple iPhone in the game.

I mean, think about it... you know its only gonna get better with Android. It's made by Google for crying out loud! The same company introducing the new Google Wave that will revolutionize the way we do email. They are the #1 search engine on the planet. Chimpanzees even in Africa use Google to find bananas! Not to mention... Google Earth, Maps, Chrome, their new OS they're working on, Gmail, Google Talk, Google Voice, Google Video & YouTube (now a Google Company), Google Checkout, and much more! They have software on lock down!

Mark my words... the battle will be between Google and Apple. Microsoft Mobile is falling off the map at a fast pace. Who talks about them anymore??? Why? For the same reasons people will stop talking about RIM unless they get their act together!!!

I'mma let my rant end here. There's SO MUCH I could say! Some of you probably want to say it too, I'm sure.

Further reading:
    The top 10 things we hate about the BlackBerry � Boy Genius Report

Edit: Just found this article on Wall Street Journal. Pretty much confirms everything I've said.

BlackBerry Offers Low-Hanging Fruit - WSJ.com

Nice post. I've been saying the same thing for months. People let RIM skate by and put the same lame OS in slightly different hardware, give it a new name and users think RIM has put out another "groundbreaking" device. RIM has done nothing groundbreaking in years. All the devices are the same. I was a faithful blackberry user for a few years. I've abandoned them and never looked back. And don't look to go back anytime soon. Anytime it's posted on here about a new Blackberry device, it's basically ignored because it will do nothing different than any other. Anyhow, good post man and let the war begin Apple vs Google!
    11-09-09 11:21 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD