I did a search and didn't see this addressed anywhere, so here goes. I got my Droid & spent hours putting in my calendar & contacts. I then decided to play with the cool pattern lock feature. Guess who forgot the pattern? Yes, me! It then gives me the option to unlock with my Google account...but it won't recognize that either!!! I did a battery pull & tried it again. No luck. I even went into Google & changed my password (to the same as it was)...but no luck. Help! I have an appointment early in the morning and will not have time to sit on hold with Verizon Tech support.

I may have time to check here to see if anyone has a solution. Thanks.
    01-08-10 12:16 AM
    make sure you just enter your username without the @gmail.com
    01-08-10 12:36 AM
    look up how to do a master rester for the phone without having to get into the phone...it can be holding down home and menu when powering on the phone. had this problem with a mytouch once before and that was the only way to fix it. and dont worry about losing your contacts or calender google got it backed up **** sick
    01-08-10 01:01 AM
    make sure you just enter your username without the @gmail.com
    Okay, this one didn't work. I tried it last night, too. It is the only Google ID I have...shouldn't it work?

On to try the next suggestion.
    01-08-10 09:35 AM
    do a factory reset
    01-08-10 09:36 AM
    heres a solution i found and it works i tried it on mine..

1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
    2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
    3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
    screen.
    4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
    is still connected)
    5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
    enter to correct pattern previously set)
    6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
    created Gmail account.
    7) hang up the phone.
    8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
    and it should let you back in
    9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
    account and keep the old one.

i am not taking credit for this it was found here Issue 4784 - android - Google credentials don't unlock phone after failing too many pattern attempts - Project Hosting on Google Code

read post #35
    01-08-10 10:01 AM
    Hard reset is all you can do at this point. You wont lose anything since your contacts are on gmail and the memory card.. Here is how to do it.

With the device powered off, slide the keyboard open.

Press the Power key and the X key simultaneously, until the Recovery screen appears. The Recovery screen displays a graphic of an exclamation point within a triangle.

Press the Volume up key and the Camera key simultaneously, to show the Recovery menu.

Using the Volume keys, select Wipe data factory Reset.

Press the center of 5-way navigation pad.

Using the Volume keys, select Yes -- delete all user data.

Using the Volume keys select Reboot system now.

01-08-10 10:11 AM
    Hard reset is all you can do at this point. You wont lose anything since your contacts are on gmail and the memory card.. Here is how to do it.

With the device powered off, slide the keyboard open.

Press the Power key and the X key simultaneously, until the Recovery screen appears. The Recovery screen displays a graphic of an exclamation point within a triangle.

Press the Volume up key and the Camera key simultaneously, to show the Recovery menu.

Using the Volume keys, select Wipe data factory Reset.

Using the Volume keys, select Yes -- delete all user data.

Using the Volume keys select Reboot system now.

you DO NOT need to do a hard reset.... read the insructions i posted i have tried this on 2 seperate droids and worked perfectly without having to reset the phone to factory.

in case you missed it here is the link http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/i-...3/#post4457389
    01-08-10 10:29 AM
    He doesn't remember his lock pattern so I don't think he would be able to disable it in the security settings.
    01-08-10 10:41 AM
    you DO NOT need to do a hard reset.... read the insructions i posted i have tried this on 2 seperate droids and worked perfectly without having to reset the phone to factory.

in case you missed it here is the link http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/i-...3/#post4457389
    How about you re-read your "insructions" If he doesnt remember his lock pattern, how is he going to disable it?
    01-08-10 10:54 AM
    Thanks all for the assistance. Since I had to be out this morning (and passing a Verizon store), I stopped in and talked to tech support. The tech told me that she has run into the problem (several times) with the phone not recognizing the Google sign-in after the pattern lock has locked you out. She did a hard reset (I had her write down the instructions for me & that is them above perfectly) & everything came back.

I'm not sure if I will put another pattern lock on it...you'd think that an intelligent, semi-geekish woman would have been able to remember the pattern, wouldn't you? LOL

Anyway, my Droid is running great again. Thanks everyone for your help.
    01-08-10 09:05 PM
    Yeah no problem....wait....I didn't help at all.
    01-08-10 09:09 PM
    heres a solution i found and it works i tried it on mine..

5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
    enter to correct pattern previously set)

Ummmmm the whole problem is that the OP doesn't REMEMBER the lock pattern.

LOL
    01-09-10 08:23 AM
    Yeah, the OP - me - went brain dead & could not remember it. LOL The problem of not being able to get in with my gmail log in was a google problem. All is good, now.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 11:23 AM
    Thanks all for the assistance. Since I had to be out this morning (and passing a Verizon store), I stopped in and talked to tech support. The tech told me that she has run into the problem (several times) with the phone not recognizing the Google sign-in after the pattern lock has locked you out. She did a hard reset (I had her write down the instructions for me & that is them above perfectly) & everything came back.

I'm not sure if I will put another pattern lock on it...you'd think that an intelligent, semi-geekish woman would have been able to remember the pattern, wouldn't you? LOL

Anyway, my Droid is running great again. Thanks everyone for your help.
    Yeah, i know what im doing lol. Glad the phone is back up!
    01-09-10 11:39 AM
    Hey..Its may be a couple days late, but AndroidCentral posted a security flaw with the pattern lock..Basically if you have it set, you can still recieve and answer calls. If you hit back right after the call, you're in.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/securi...motorola-droid
    01-11-10 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD