I got this HTC Magic two days ago, and yesterday the data stopped working. I could text, call and browse internet through WiFi but I didn't get 3G reception. A trip to Rogers and 6 calls to their hotline later, its the custom ROM/OS (1.6) that stops 911 calling therefore Rogers is disabling data until I downgrade to 1.5. I came home today ready to downgrade, I downloaded the 1.5 OS and HTC Sync.

No matter what I do, I cannot get HTC Sync to recognize the phone. It always says disconnected on the bottom right. I've read countless things about changing the ROM or Goldcards and random other stuff. I have no interest in having a custom ROM, I just want my friggin 1.5 OS!!!

Does anyone know an easy way to get HTC Sync to recognize my phone or to just downgrade to 1.5? At this point I'm ready to sell this device and just go back to my BB.

What I've already tried:

-Disabling anti virus
    -Restarting
    -Uninstalling/Reinstalling
    -Soft/Hard reset on phone
    -Changed SD cards
    -Googled x 10000

Anyone?!?!
    05-29-10 06:33 PM
    I haven't read it, just did a quick Google search, but you may want to give this a try.

how to downgrade to 1.5? - xda-developers
    05-29-10 06:49 PM
    I haven't read it, just did a quick Google search, but you may want to give this a try.

how to downgrade to 1.5? - xda-developers
    I read that but I have no idea how to do half of what the guide mentions.

I'm on the phone with Rogers now to see if they can do a reset for me.
    05-29-10 06:52 PM
    ouchies... good luck.
    05-29-10 08:46 PM
    ouchies... good luck.
    After 3 hours of trying + 6 phone calls to Rogers + downloading Microsoft Sync on 5 PCs, I put it up for sale.

I'm sure if you unlock it and use it on a different carrier or know a bit about coding you can get this done but I very nearly punched a hole through my screen figuring this stuff out.

It's up in the marketplace now.

Thanks for trying though Duvi.
    05-29-10 08:57 PM
    Wow, that's a little extreme. Are you sure the guide posted in the link doesn't help? Can't possibly be that hard...?
    05-29-10 09:00 PM
    Wow, that's a little extreme. Are you sure the guide posted in the link doesn't help? Can't possibly be that hard...?
    Did you look at it? It's quite complex and I really don't want to screw something up.

If I loved this phone over my BB I would keep trying, but I really do like the battery life/keyboard of my Bold better.
    05-29-10 09:13 PM
    Should have bought a Nexus One instead.
    05-30-10 09:00 PM
    Wow, sorry to hear that about your phone. One of the (few) things BB has going for it is definitely ease of upgrading and downgrading, no matter how badly you've screwed it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 10:23 PM
    Wow, sorry to hear that about your phone. One of the (few) things BB has going for it is definitely ease of upgrading and downgrading, no matter how badly you've screwed it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And IMO, after the initial root/process, I think it's the easiest. I have all the OS I want on my SD card and can d/l them as they are released right from my phone. When I'm ready, I can easily upgrade/downgrade/switch to other ones.
    05-31-10 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD