Hey guys my buddy has a droid with Verizon and got an email that they should b getting flash player 10. Something it states that its gonna give them full flashplayer privileges ....movies games stuff like that ......

My question is if they do get it do u think that its gonna come to the 9550 soon ?

R they really gonna get full flash player ? Or am I wrong ? .......thanks in Advanced

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Email said sometime next month ....
    05-23-10 02:17 PM
    Yes, Droid is getting flash and much more such as 2-5 times faster speeds in the OS, enhanced browser speeds, apps to SD card support, portable hotspot, etc.

Nexus and Droid will be the first Android phones to get it because they run vanilla (stock) Android out of the box. Everyone with a Sense UI, MotoBlur, or other 3rd party skin Android phone will have to wait a while before they get it.

It's coming next month.
    05-23-10 02:25 PM
    Kool! See here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/

R...

Hey guys my buddy has a droid with Verizon and got an email that they should b getting flash player 10. Something it states that its gonna give them full flashplayer privileges ....movies games stuff like that ......

My question is if they do get it do u think that its gonna come to the 9550 soon ?

R they really gonna get full flash player ? Or am I wrong ? .......thanks in Advanced

Email said sometime next month ....
    05-23-10 02:31 PM
    Forgot to add that BB might be seeing flash support in OS6. OS6 is gonna be huge like Android OS2.2 and iPhone OS4.
    05-23-10 02:48 PM
    Coo thanks for the info guys

Damn I really hope we Get flash player with 6.0

05-23-10 04:31 PM
    We are getting HTML5 for sure. That should improve our Youtube experience, hopefully.

05-23-10 05:36 PM
    There seems to be a lot of question still about BB6 getting Flash. Seems RIM said no and that they would rather go straight to HTML5, but Adobe said they are still working on it? All I know is that despite what some people say, we NEED it like yesterday. I really don't care about Flash other than some websites actually require it and this isn't going to change anytime soon. Nothing I hate more than when I need to access some information when away from a computer and I get a screen like this...

...and there's no option for a Flash free version of the site.
    05-23-10 07:00 PM
    OS6 is gonna be huge like Android OS2.2 and iPhone OS4.
    Whatever!
    05-23-10 07:05 PM
    Whatever!
    I know you're trolling man but I think OS6 will be good. I'm waiting for Android 2.2 but I'm also interested in seeing OS6 for BB.
    05-23-10 07:10 PM
    I know you're trolling man but I think OS6 will be good. I'm waiting for Android 2.2 but I'm also interested in seeing OS6 for BB.
    Lipstick on a pig! If you want real change, tear it down and start again.
    05-23-10 07:11 PM
    Lipstick on a pig! If you want real change, tear it down and start again.
    Nah...

It looks like more than an overlay of OS5. Look at Android 1.5 - 2.1.

The browser for one is a big improvement. Can't wait to see how it plays on the 9700.
    05-23-10 07:15 PM
    Nah...

It looks like more than an overlay of OS5. Look at Android 1.5 - 2.1.

The browser for one is a big improvement. Can't wait to see how it plays on the 9700.
    Yes, but Android isn't being called antiquated.
    05-23-10 07:19 PM
    Why are you in the Storm2 forums? Serious question. If you dislike the platform and device so much, and you are so happy with the Droid, then why even waste your time (and ours) by trolling these threads? I'm glad you like your phone, and I like mine, but you truly come off as completely immature. I can't imagine you being much older than 15 or 16 years old, as anyone much older than that would be more mature than this. If you are older, then you have some issues.
    05-23-10 09:53 PM
    Android is antiquated. There, I just did!
    05-24-10 02:48 AM
    Like the human torch said..... FLAME ON!!

05-24-10 03:24 AM
    Why are you in the Storm2 forums? Serious question. If you dislike the platform and device so much, and you are so happy with the Droid, then why even waste your time (and ours) by trolling these threads? I'm glad you like your phone, and I like mine, but you truly come off as completely immature. I can't imagine you being much older than 15 or 16 years old, as anyone much older than that would be more mature than this. If you are older, then you have some issues.
    So all of your posts are restricted to the storm 2 forums? I didn't think so. And yes, I'm a little older than 15 or 16, but I'm clearly not as mature as you seem to believe that you are. Sorry to disappoint you.
    05-24-10 03:39 AM
    Whatever!
    The best way to deal with A$$#@%$ like this is to just ignore them. By replying to them you only give them something to play with.

Let them say whatever $#!& they have to say and then ignore them.
    05-24-10 06:50 AM
    The best way to deal with A$$#@%$ like this is to just ignore them. By replying to them you only give them something to play with.

Let them say whatever $#!& they have to say and then ignore them.
    You mean ingnore me like you just did?

Dumba$$!
    05-24-10 06:59 AM
    ENOUGH!!! The fight ends here Warnings will follow by PM where appropriate.

Now get it back on topic and discuss whether Flash is likely to come to BlackBerry.
    05-24-10 07:37 AM
    Its not coming. Its not part of OS6. And for serious BB users, corporate folks who put it 60 hour weeks and 20 hour weekly commutes, being able to watch the prior nights V or 24 on ABC.com would be s godsend. BIS users I believe may not care so much because they have 2 things the majority of BB users (BES) do not: time and device choice.

I said it before and I'll say it again. RIM will either catch up to other platforms it terms of user experience and thrive or they will wait until another platform shows it can deliver secure push �mail (likely full html and untruncated) and face its destruction. Personally I hope for all out sakes they terminate the blind sided yes men at the top and really hear the enterprise user's desires (not just needs - after all this is not Sparta. )

05-24-10 08:28 AM
    (not just needs - after all this is not Sparta. )

Sorry, I had to.
    05-24-10 08:52 AM
    I am going to put my 2 cents in for whatever it is worth. BB boards are filled lately with Android type comparisons.
    I switched back an hour ago to my storm 2 after a week with the incredible (I work for a larger corporation, and Verizon let us test one for a week to see if we wanted to replace our 'berries with them)

I trolled hard the android forums for one week.

Take it for what it is worth, but imo noone does messaging even close to Blackberry. If you are a straight consumer who doesn't care about email, then the droid is a great phone. But for me, who uses it for business and pleasure, and only wants apps that do something here and there, and not a ton of games etc (I have a IPOD Touch for that ) then I think a lot of people who are on their 30 day trials will be back.

I read countless posts on how "my BB stinks compared to this" and on and on. Maybe I am naive, and although it is was and is a great phone, it doesn't do yet what BB can do.

So if you were like me and sat on the fence deciding which way to go...and value your email to your smartphone, then IMO BB is still the way to go..
    05-24-10 09:16 AM
    wrong forum section
    05-24-10 11:01 AM
    wrong forum section
    Dave,

You are going on title alone, but if you read the OP's post you will see he is asking if flash is coming for the Storm2. I have edited the thread title to better indicate that.

As for the question, there is speculation that OS 6 will has full flash, BUT that is not 100% confirmed yet, also it is not 100% confirmed that OS 6 will be coming to the Storm2, BUT we are very hopeful on both counts.
    05-24-10 11:12 AM
    As for the question, there is speculation that OS 6 will has full flash, BUT that is not 100% confirmed yet, also it is not 100% confirmed that OS 6 will be coming to the Storm2, BUT we are very hopeful on both counts.
    I don't closely follow the OS discussions but the "OS 6 not coming to the Storm2" rumor seems to have a bit of truth behind it. Why wouldn't RIM make OS 6 available for the Storm2?
    05-24-10 11:19 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD