Tried it, hated it, went back to my Blackberry.
    05-30-10 01:05 AM
    Now who's trolling? Liar!
    05-30-10 01:07 AM
    The storm 2 was the worst bb that I've ever had. The surepress keyboard kept malfunctioning on me. They should've just kept it simple and used a regular touchscreen that wouldn't lock up and choose keys that aren't even close to where I was pressing. I'm glad that vzw didn't have the new bold at the time or else I wouldn't have given the droid a try. No more truncated emails and no more BIS outages. Google will win this war. They have too much money and too much resources.
    05-30-10 01:21 AM
    You didn't just compare this to war did you?
    Pathetic

As far a competition in the cell phone market goes, Google has a long, long road ahead if they want to get anywhere close to RIM or Apple.
    Why bother duders...
    05-30-10 01:37 AM
    seems like some trolling is going on just saying
    05-30-10 01:41 AM
    What didn't you like about the Incredible? I have it and a Bold 9700 and the incredible is definitely a beast. RIM definitely needsto step its game up. They have a great product but they need to expand their ish a little more. Google isn't holding back and RIM seems like it is.
    05-30-10 01:59 AM
    seems like some trolling is going on just saying
    You hit the nail on the head....
    05-30-10 02:15 AM
    Hey wondered when CrckberryBrandon was going to show up calling names

Can't a guy have an opinion?
    You have a thread dedicated to you! No reason to hate us we still think our way is better despite what you ramble lol!
    05-30-10 02:17 AM
    An android is a �humanoid� robot or a robot with human characteristics.
    WTF does that have to do with phones?
    storm (noun)-a disturbance of the normal condition of the atmosphere, manifesting itself by winds of unusual force or direction, often accompanied by rain, snow, hail, thunder, and lightning, or flying sand or dust. WTF does that have to do with phones? It's just a name, full of yourself much?
    05-30-10 02:41 AM
    Someone must enjoy outages, truncated emails, and wonky keyboards.
    05-30-10 02:42 AM
    Why are Android owners so sensitive?
    I don't like the Android OS, I prefer BB or even Apple. That's my opinion.
    If you don't like it, move on to the next thread.
    Your self worth doesn't have to be tied to your phone.
    You are asking the wrong questions family guy
    05-30-10 03:02 AM
    As far a competition in the cell phone market goes, Google has a long, long road ahead if they want to get anywhere close to RIM or Apple.
    That statement alone brings to light that you've probably never even laid hands on an Incredible. Not one single BB model holds a candle to any Android device released in the last year. One could almost argue the iPhone is still holding it's own against Android at this time, but more than likely it would be an argument of loyalty over anything else. Android smokes BB in every single aspect with the exception of push email. And to be honest, if BB users want to hold on to push email as their last bastion of justification, so be it. I however choose to utilize a device that excels in numerous aspects -vs- a device that excels in one solitary aspect.

I have been a very loyal BlackBerry user, but eventually I had to relinquish that loyalty to another product. I even felt dirty as if I was betraying a loyal friend when I made the leap. If BlackBerry wants to compete with the big boys, they've got to seriously upgrade the hardware to current specs with everybody else, as well create an entirely new built from scratch OS to run on said hardware.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 05-30-10 at 04:01 AM.
    05-30-10 03:56 AM
    In another thread you stated you weren't getting the Incredible until 6-5. ??????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gmz73; 05-30-10 at 06:11 AM.
    05-30-10 05:14 AM
    That statement alone brings to light that you've probably never even laid hands on an Incredible. Not one single BB model holds a candle to any Android device released in the last year. One could almost argue the iPhone is still holding it's own against Android at this time, but more than likely it would be an argument of loyalty over anything else. Android smokes BB in every single aspect with the exception of push email. And to be honest, if BB users want to hold on to push email as their last bastion of justification, so be it. I however choose to utilize a device that excels in numerous aspects -vs- a device that excels in one solitary aspect.

I have been a very loyal BlackBerry user, but eventually I had to relinquish that loyalty to another product. I even felt dirty as if I was betraying a loyal friend when I made the leap. If BlackBerry wants to compete with the big boys, they've got to seriously upgrade the hardware to current specs with everybody else, as well create an entirely new built from scratch OS to run on said hardware.
    When you state that any Android device is better than any BlackBerry made in the last year, you are saying this as your opinion. But like you, others have opinions as well. As a current BlackBerry users and a BB users for at least the next two years, I will agree with you to an extent. I believe that Android devices and some of the other smartphones are better than BBs ON PAPER. But I don't think that they are better in user experience. I was wowed by my iPhone, I was wowed by my Hero, I was almost wowed by the Palm Pre. They all looked better than my BlackBerry on paper and that's why I bought them. But the user experience was less than great to outright horrible. BlackBerry seem behind the times for many because the specs are dated. But, I can get in and out of programs faster on my Tour than any other smartphone I have ever owned and it has half the processing speed as some of the new Android devices. I have keyboard shortcuts that keep everything fast and simple, and the battery life is so good. My user experience with BlackBerry devices has surpassed anything that I have seen just as much as the new specs of Android has surpassed that of the newest BlackBerry. I think in the end, it will be more about user experience, than specs. But I could be wrong. Maybe this is me just expressing my opinion. But if you state that Android is better than any BlackBerry device, you are stating an opinion and not a fact. A lot of BB users would probably disagree with you and be able to provide good arguments.

05-30-10 07:24 AM
    I don't mean to sound like an a$$, but Android destroys BB in almost every way possible. If you don't believe me, go look up some current device specs....and if you still don't believe me, go to any mobile store and compare a BB to an Android powered device hands on.

When the Moto Droid was released, I started questioning my loyalty to BB. Then, the Evo was announced and it became obvious that I was paying way too much money for these stone aged, archaic BB's and maybe I should consider another device. When I actually went and played with an Incredible, it pretty much sealed the deal.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-30-10 10:29 AM
    Good story...
    05-30-10 11:06 AM
    ^ haha.........
    06-01-10 07:07 PM
    I have had the Storm POS for over a year and a half and I mean to tell you I have been liberated. Just recieved my INCREDIBLE yesterday and I can't believe anyone would or could go back to the BB. You talk about night and day. Unbelievibe difference in every way. Yes I am excited because this thing kicks A$$. The Storm, out dated JUNK....Always has been.... and we all knew it. If you have the chance, get the INCREDIBLE and get out from the STORM!
    06-03-10 01:39 AM
    When you state that any Android device is better than any BlackBerry made in the last year, you are saying this as your opinion. But like you, others have opinions as well. As a current BlackBerry users and a BB users for at least the next two years, I will agree with you to an extent. I believe that Android devices and some of the other smartphones are better than BBs ON PAPER. But I don't think that they are better in user experience. I was wowed by my iPhone, I was wowed by my Hero, I was almost wowed by the Palm Pre. They all looked better than my BlackBerry on paper and that's why I bought them. But the user experience was less than great to outright horrible. BlackBerry seem behind the times for many because the specs are dated. But, I can get in and out of programs faster on my Tour than any other smartphone I have ever owned and it has half the processing speed as some of the new Android devices. I have keyboard shortcuts that keep everything fast and simple, and the battery life is so good. My user experience with BlackBerry devices has surpassed anything that I have seen just as much as the new specs of Android has surpassed that of the newest BlackBerry. I think in the end, it will be more about user experience, than specs. But I could be wrong. Maybe this is me just expressing my opinion. But if you state that Android is better than any BlackBerry device, you are stating an opinion and not a fact. A lot of BB users would probably disagree with you and be able to provide good arguments.

I am a Tour owner and BB user for many years but let's be honest, the Incredible blows the Tour away. I've played with it several times for long periods of time (some friends have it) and it is much, much better than the Tour. Everything works faster and smoother than on a BB.

Long story short, when my upgrade is available next month, I am making the switch to an Android device. No more waiting for pages to load on the browser, no more truncated emails, no more watching the hourglass as I wait for a program to work.
    06-03-10 05:24 AM
    I'm really trying to jump on the Android bandwagon. It's the only OS that has the potential to pull me way from BlackBerry. I here numerous posts where people say that the Incredible beats BlackBerry in everything, yet they don't really elaborate on what those things are. I usually hear that the browser is better, no truncated Emails, applications load faster, and more applications to choose from. That's a huge statement. How can those few things turn into everything? I can see the Incredible being better than BlackBerry in most things, but not everything.
    When using the calendar for the Incredible it took longer to enter appointment times in comparison to my BlackBerry. Especially when entering a specific time. Scrolling through the hour and minutes was a cool feature, but it takes longer than just being able to simply type out the time. This wouldn't pose a problem for those that use the calendar sparingly, but for those of us that use it quite a bit throughout the day, this can get annoying.
    I also hear that there's no spell check in the Word version of Documents To Go for Android. That's a bummer.
    Copy and Paste is faster on BlackBerry than the Incredible. BlackBerry wins in this department easily. Especially if you master the technique to copy, cut, and paste without having to go through the menu option on BlackBerry.
    The optical joystick is useless on the Incredible. Others that use it say the same thing. I do a lot of editing with documents that require me to key in on certain words that I would like to copy within a document. It was very frustrating trying to do this using the optical joystick. The same holds true when choosing specific cells in an Excel spreadsheet when zoomed out. The optical joystick is was closed the deal for me. The track ball / track pad on BlackBerry devices is much more fluid and responsive. I was hoping the same would hold true for the Incredible, but that wasn't the case. My thumb also kept hitting the Escape key when using the Optical Joystick in landscape mode, which as annoying.
    So to me, the Incredible does not beat BlackBerry in Everything. Just most things.
    If someone can find workouts for the few things I have complaints about, then I'll be sold again on getting the Incredible.

06-03-10 08:07 AM
    I'm really trying to jump on the Android bandwagon. It's the only OS that has the potential to pull me way from BlackBerry. I here numerous posts where people say that the Incredible beats BlackBerry in everything, yet they don't really elaborate on what those things are. I usually hear that the browser is better, no truncated Emails, applications load faster, and more applications to choose from. That's a huge statement. How can those few things turn into everything? I can see the Incredible being better than BlackBerry in most things, but not everything.
    When using the calendar for the Incredible it took longer to enter appointment times in comparison to my BlackBerry. Especially when entering a specific time. Scrolling through the hour and minutes was a cool feature, but it takes longer than just being able to simply type out the time. This wouldn't pose a problem for those that use the calendar sparingly, but for those of us that use it quite a bit throughout the day, this can get annoying.
    I also hear that there's no spell check in the Word version of Documents To Go for Android. That's a bummer.
    Copy and Paste is faster on BlackBerry than the Incredible. BlackBerry wins in this department easily. Especially if you master the technique to copy, cut, and paste without having to go through the menu option on BlackBerry.
    The optical joystick is useless on the Incredible. Others that use it say the same thing. I do a lot of editing with documents that require me to key in on certain words that I would like to copy within a document. It was very frustrating trying to do this using the optical joystick. The same holds true when choosing specific cells in an Excel spreadsheet when zoomed out. The optical joystick is was closed the deal for me. The track ball / track pad on BlackBerry devices is much more fluid and responsive. I was hoping the same would hold true for the Incredible, but that wasn't the case. My thumb also kept hitting the Escape key when using the Optical Joystick in landscape mode, which as annoying.
    So to me, the Incredible does not beat BlackBerry in Everything. Just most things.
    If someone can find workouts for the few things I have complaints about, then I'll be sold again on getting the Incredible.

sounds like you haven't really spent much time with the device. it's ironic how you talk about mastering a technique on the bb and how it's so useful, yet you obviously haven't taken the same amount of time and effort to learning about the android os or the incredible. does that seem like a fair comparison? think about that...

-scrolling through the time on the calendar is extremely fast, with experience it's just as fast as typing out the number.

-copy and paste on the incredible is very easy and accurate...once you get used to using the onscreen feature to select the start/end point and get used to the optical trackpad.

-the optical joystick is actually useful. comes in handy for scrolling and selecting text when copying or pasting. or for navigating links in a web page and then pressing to select.

all of those things gets easier and become second nature with use. over time you actually master these functions....swidt?
    06-03-10 08:39 AM
    sounds like you haven't really spent much time with the device. it's ironic how you talk about mastering a technique on the bb and how it's so useful, yet you obviously haven't taken the same amount of time and effort to learning about the android os or the incredible. does that seem like a fair comparison? think about that...

-scrolling through the time on the calendar is extremely fast, with experience it's just as fast as typing out the number.

-copy and paste on the incredible is very easy and accurate...once you get used to using the onscreen feature to select the start/end point and get used to the optical trackpad.

-the optical joystick is actually useful. comes in handy for scrolling and selecting text when copying or pasting. or for navigating links in a web page and then pressing to select.

all of those things gets easier and become second nature with use. over time you actually master these functions....swidt?
    For starters, I've really been researching the Incredible and the Android platform. Do really think I would downplay Android without doing my research first? Don't make assumptions if you don't know the facts.
    "-copy and paste on the incredible is very easy and accurate...once you get used to using the onscreen feature to select the start/end point"
    Yes, I agree. This is the case when using the browser. I just wish they kept this same concept throughout. It would be nice if they allowed this feature within the Mail, SMS, and other applications.
    Since you're the Master of the Incredible, perhaps you can shed some light on being able to spell check within Word for Documents To Go. No one else seems to really know, because I assume they don't use their Incredible for that purpose.

Last edited by cdf3; 06-03-10 at 09:32 AM.
    06-03-10 09:05 AM

I agree with you 100%.
    I had this same debate with a few of my friends that have iPhones and Andoid devices.
    We had a contest to see who could do certain functions on their phones the fastest. Simple things like coming out of stand by, entering a new calendar entry, composing an Email and sending it off, adding a new Contact entry, and browsing the web. My BlackBerry won in every category. It wasn't anything fancy, but it got the job done faster. My BlackBerry was able to get to apps faster than the iPhone and Android with the help of QuickLaunch. I even loaded a few pages on my web browser using Opera Mini faster than them. They loaded faster than the Safari browser. We were all amazed. If I had used the default BlackBerry browser, then that would have been a different story. Once the pages loaded, then they were able to put me to shame because they could scroll faster and they were able to zoom better. I love the pinch to zoom feature.
    With AutoText and the many phrases and shorthand words I've created, I was able to type faster than them.
    All of these phones can pretty do the same job. Depending on what you're trying to do, one phone may suit someone better than the next.
    All in all, they're all work horses. I like all 3. For the things I do, BlackBerry works for me. Android is constantly adding new features so I can't say I'll always have a BlackBerry. Some of the features that BlackBerry currently has, Android will be adding some of those features in Froyo 2.2
    The more features they add the more I'll be ready to completely move over to Android.
    06-03-10 09:28 AM
    Each OS and phone has it's strengths and weaknesses. I use my Android for play and work, only because I don't always want to carry my Crackberry with me. When it comes to email from Exchange, I wish my Moment was like my 9700, but that is where everything ends. I don't use QuickLaunch and the only launcher I use in Android is whatever shortcuts I have on my home screens. As for cut and paste, double tap on the screen to select cut and paste. I have been using a BB a lot longer than an Android phone, and I am faster with the Android.

Basically what I am getting at is it all falls into personal experience. To me, Android will slowly, but surely, take away all of RIMs thunder unless they get their act together.
    06-03-10 09:45 AM
    For starters, I've really been researching the Incredible and the Android platform. Do really think I would downplay Android without doing my research first? Don't make assumptions if you don't know the facts.
    there's a significant difference between reading up on something and actually owning/using it for a period of time with an open mind.

"-copy and paste on the incredible is very easy and accurate...once you get used to using the onscreen feature to select the start/end point"
    Yes, I agree. This is the case when using the browser. I just wish they kept this same concept throughout. It would be nice if they allowed this feature within the Mail, SMS, and other applications.
    you can copy text from the HTC mail app (but not gmail), sms in the handcent app, and other apps also allow copying text.

Since you're the Master of the Incredible, perhaps you can shed some light on being able to spell check within Word for Documents To Go. No one else seems to really know, because I assume they don't use their Incredible for that purpose.

to be honest i only view docs on my phone so i can't answer the questions on editing or spell checking. i suppose there may be a small segment of users who actually edit docs on their phones, but the large majority of mobile users are only going to read/view docs on their phone. also consider that with any mobile version of a desktop app there will be some limitations regardless of platform.

just know that a person with equal time on an android phone is most likely not going to have the same issues that you mentioned. it's virtually impossible pick up another platform and expect to be as proficient as one you're used to without spending some time getting to know it. imo a lot of bb users are not as open minded with other platforms, meaning they don't give it a fair effort and time to get acquainted, before they're ready to give up and go back to what they know. but that's ok! if you have something that works for you and all the things you need, then why change...right? just because someone says the grass is greener for them doesn't mean it will be the same for you.
    06-03-10 09:59 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD