The multitasking has progressed. Its still not as robust as others but what they have improved on isnt bad. and you can jailbreak and unlock even better multitasking and it doesnt seem to hurt the battery that much
    05-10-11 07:42 AM
    They are improving on the multitasking. I may end up getting an iP5 after all.

Howarmat....why can't I copy and past in my Atrix? Am I doing something wrong? I tried copying and pasting some lyrics to post to my FB status and I couldn't.

Am I doing something wrong?
    05-10-11 08:05 AM
    From my perspective, the Blackberry by no means is a "horrendous" device. Hardly that. Aside from Flash, there is nothing that I can accomplish on my Atrix that I can't accomplish on my Torch. Regardless of the Torch critics, it is more "there" for me than my Atrix.

Truthfully, I've taken gmail off my Torch, put the Atrix in my kitchen drawer, and have returned to my Torch full time. Yes, the display is much better on the Atrix, yes, the multimedia experience kills the BB, but what I personally gain from the Torch kills those Atrix features. And what I get is a device that notifies me in the manner I want with profiles I set as I like, with the messaging experience I like, that takes everything I throw it at it over the course of a day and still has enough juice in it to go beyond. For me, it's a no brainer.

I have the Atrix still, and I use it when I don't mind carrying another device in my purse or when I want to watch a lot of YouTube videos, but after one month of use I much prefer my Blackberry Torch. I hate browsing around and constantly being told that I have exceeded my number of open windows...that's annoying.

Each person has preferences, and I don't find the need anymore to classify all Android devices as trash, like I did when my exposure was through relatives' devices, after using my own Atrix. I've learned what they're about. Having learned, I prefer the Blackberry. It does more for me.
    I can respect this. Well said.

They are improving on the multitasking. I may end up getting an iP5 after all.

Howarmat....why can't I copy and past in my Atrix? Am I doing something wrong? I tried copying and pasting some lyrics to post to my FB status and I couldn't.

Am I doing something wrong?
    What program are you trying to c/p from? Tap and hold should bring up the menu in most.

FroYO admittedly does not have the best copy/paste functionality, IMHO. Gingerbread is vastly improved.
    05-10-11 08:20 AM
    I tried that because it was the way that I remembered with the iPhone and I figured they'd be similar. Or maybe because I was on a lyrics site copying and pasting wasn't allowed, although I usually do with my BB. (it's a game I have with some friends, find some obscure lyric and post it and see if others guess it WITHOUT googling.)

I'm not so well versed on the different Android versions - do I have Froyo on the Atrix?
    05-10-11 08:30 AM
    this is one thing android doesnt do constistantly across the board. It is annoying. You should be able to long press a word and then move the arrows around from the browser if taht was the app you were using. Email programs all do it differently though. This is one area i really hope gingerbread finally fixes because it is quite annoying to not be the same on all the apps
    05-10-11 08:37 AM
    Not so good battery life, great device = Android
    Great battery life,horrendous device =Blackberry

Life is full of trade offs and mobile devices aren't an exception.

I'll give up battery life for the better device, it's an easy choice and a no brainer.
    Not me. I'm taking both. Maybe others will follow suit. I have an Android Tablet AND a Blackberry 9780. Who say's you can't have it all? I read a recent article that says more and more people are using tablets and actually use their desktop less. This would be me. I have one of the smaller tablets which although smaller than an iPad, is big enough to see everything really well but small enough to carry in my purse everywhere. I also carry the Blackberry because no matter what others may say, the Blackberry is the BEST device for basic phone functions (call quality, battery life, customized notifications, UMA calling and messaging) and lest we all forget; how great is it these days to be able to do EVERYTHING one-handed?
    05-10-11 08:39 AM
    I've said it before..it all comes down to the user as to how the battery life is going to be. Out of the box..the configurations are set for high battery use, but with some basic knowledge and time..you can easily configure these things to get good life.

While in Mexico recently..I had my data turned off to minimize roaming charges..and just used my phone for a phone,music player, and internet browser while on wifi as well as for an ereader. Doing this..I was getting 32-40 hours out of a single charge..and that was still using the phone quite a bit thru out the day. I don't get this good at home using it as much as I normally do..but I can still get at least 18 hours a day out of it..and 24-30 with minimal use and minimal updates.

I don't ever worry about staying close to power outlets..and I don't understand those that find it a hassle to plug the phone in at night. My Atrix is a beast..and easily gets me thru a day..which is more than I can say for my wifes i4.
    05-10-11 11:23 PM
    I've said it before..it all comes down to the user as to how the battery life is going to be. Out of the box..the configurations are set for high battery use, but with some basic knowledge and time..you can easily configure these things to get good life.
    I completely agree! I had the incredible which had one of the worst, if not the worst, battery life for an android device but after adjusting weather, Facebook sync settings and screen brightness I was able to minimize battery drain.
    I've since moved on to the 2150 extended battery and, although its bigger, I now use my phone without fear of it dying on me and I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 12:42 AM
    I don't ever worry about staying close to power outlets..and I don't understand those that find it a hassle to plug the phone in at night. My Atrix is a beast..and easily gets me thru a day..which is more than I can say for my wifes i4.
    Her iPhone doesn't last a day? She is either using it more than you use the Atrix, or she has a faulty battery. Or it very well might be that the GSM model just sucks lol.
    05-11-11 08:51 AM
    I have tweaked all I can tweak on the Atrix short of rooting it....on the network it won't go to 14 hours unless I curtail usage, and the point of the phone is to use it. On WiFi it gets close to 24 hours.
    I've tweaked brightness, off vibrate, custom timeout to begin cutting off updates at 8 pm all the way to 5 am (Torch is on at 3 am off at 10 pm) turned off Twitter.....
    I have five email accounts coming to it, that's one more than the Torch since I took Gmail off the Torch. However, all the emails were coming through the Gmail since I had everything forwarded to the Gmail.
    I may just be unlucky.
    05-11-11 12:39 PM
    i am sure you use your phone more than most honestly. getting 14 is probably as good as you are going to get. There are somedays i barely get 10 depending on signal quality and i am sure i use my TB a little less than you would. My job doesnt need me to be on my phone much if any so its used more to talk to the GF and such. I am sure if you root with a new kernal you would be able to add a couple hours of life and get rid of the annoying bloat. I also know that is NOT an option for many people and that is why the phones fin the end wont work for their needs.
    05-11-11 12:50 PM
    I don't care what you do to this phone (except an extended battery of course) I can't get more than 8 hrs on a charge, maybe close to 10 if I don't use the internet at all. My berry I could take to work and make it home, or at least back to my car charger without being a brick. Can't wait for the new bold to come out. Just hope the smaller battery works well. Some of us do not work near a charging source and it does have an impact. I am enjoying all the free apps I can take, however. Oh that's right , the new berries gonna have access to that too.

05-11-11 03:19 PM
    I don't care what you do to this phone (except an extended battery of course) I can't get more than 8 hrs on a charge, maybe close to 10 if I don't use the internet at all. My berry I could take to work and make it home, or at least back to my car charger without being a brick. Can't wait for the new bold to come out. Just hope the smaller battery works well. Some of us do not work near a charging source and it does have an impact. I am enjoying all the free apps I can take, however. Oh that's right , the new berries gonna have access to that too.

you mean in late 2012, yes that is possible....
    05-11-11 03:46 PM

Current Blackberries aren't of "superphone" status meaning that they are under powered and have low resolution screens, hence using very little battery power.

When the next generation Blackberries come out with more demanding OS, high powered processors and larger high resolution screens I'm sure they will have the same battery issues as current advanced and high powered devices of today.

Lets remember, Blackberries are running on 3 year old technology and hardware. I find it amusing of BB users bragging how great the battery life on their devices are and thats because RIM hasn't taken it's mobile technology to 2011.

To BB users: Yeah you got "great" battery life, but look at what you got? Surely nothing to brag about.
    Last edited by JD914; 05-11-11 at 03:58 PM.
    05-11-11 03:55 PM
    Until battery technology catches up with new device technology were just going to have to have car and wall chargers handy which really isn't an inconvenience.

Night time is the best time to recharge your device as I'm sure thats what vast majority do and is absolutely not a hassle.

My Atrix has decent battery life as far as an Android device goes, I can easily make it through a 12 hour work day. My Nexus One on the other hand has horrendous battery life.
    05-11-11 04:19 PM
    Current Blackberries aren't of "superphone" status meaning that they are under powered and have low resolution screens, hence using very little battery power.

When the next generation Blackberries come out with more demanding OS, high powered processors and larger high resolution screens I'm sure they will have the same battery issues as current advanced and high powered devices of today.

Lets remember, Blackberries are running on 3 year old technology and hardware. I find it amusing of BB users bragging how great the battery life on their devices are and thats because RIM hasn't taken it's mobile technology to 2011.

To BB users: Yeah you got "great" battery life, but look at what you got? Surely nothing to brag about.
    We can do pretty much everything you can, name one thing blackberry can't do.

05-11-11 04:48 PM

do we really need to go there again, face it there are many things iOS and Android do that a BB can not do due to hardware and software limitation both.
    05-11-11 04:54 PM
    do we really need to go there again, face it there are many things iOS and Android do that a BB can not do due to hardware and software limitation both.
    I still disagree, sure they can do some things better or faster but they still serve the same purpose.
    05-11-11 05:25 PM
    you dont have wifi hotspot capability and you dont have a FFC therefore you cant disagree with me. Like i said there are just some things BB cannot do. im not going to list more. Just because you dont use them or dont think there are needed doesnt matter either
    05-11-11 05:36 PM
    you dont have wifi hotspot capability and you dont have a FFC therefore you cant disagree with me. Like i said there are just some things BB cannot do. im not going to list more. Just because you dont use them or dont think there are needed doesnt matter either
    No, I don't have a wifi hotspot but I have no problems tethering my laptop to my blackberry so this is a thing Android does better.
    I had a Sony Ericson phone 3-4 years ago with FFC, never used it and i wouldn't use one simply because i like my privacy.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 05-11-11 at 05:51 PM.
    05-11-11 05:44 PM

I scored 54,666 on Doodle Jump yesterday, whats your high score? Oh yeah thats right! No accelerometer with Blackberries for starters.

Weather you are or aren't a gamer is irrelevant.

You can now remove foot from mouth and stop hijacking threads on this forum.
    05-11-11 06:40 PM
    I scored 54,666 on Doodle Jump yesterday, whats your high score? Oh yeah thats right! No accelerometer with Blackberries for starters.

Weather you are or aren't a gamer is irrelevant.

You can now remove foot from mouth and stop hijacking threads on this forum.
    Huh? I just press 4 for left and 6 for right, whats the big deal? Blackberry Storm, Storm2 and Torch have accelerometer, some homework before you claim something would be welcomed.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 05-11-11 at 07:17 PM.
    05-11-11 07:13 PM
    Huh? I just press 4 for left and 6 for right, whats the big deal? Blackberry Storm and Torch? have accelerometer
    Too funny. I think he did about five curtsies around the room for his moment.
    05-11-11 07:19 PM
    Here it is in case he doesn't believe me
    05-11-11 07:23 PM
    I have tweaked all I can tweak on the Atrix short of rooting it....on the network it won't go to 14 hours unless I curtail usage, and the point of the phone is to use it. On WiFi it gets close to 24 hours.
    I've tweaked brightness, off vibrate, custom timeout to begin cutting off updates at 8 pm all the way to 5 am (Torch is on at 3 am off at 10 pm) turned off Twitter.....
    I have five email accounts coming to it, that's one more than the Torch since I took Gmail off the Torch. However, all the emails were coming through the Gmail since I had everything forwarded to the Gmail.
    I may just be unlucky.
    You could be unlucky..but from what I've gleaned from various posts of yours..you use your Atrix a lot more for multimedia purposes than your Torch..so side by side comparisons wont be the same. When I had my Torch..I would be off the charger at 5am and plugged in by 10pm. I generally had about 20% remaining. Using two different Android device's..my results are much the same..although I find I browse ALOT more on my Androids simply because its more pleasurable (as well as e-read). My androids are both rooted however and take advantage of the many things available to increase battery life.

As far as my wife's iphone..I'm sure she leaves her GPS on all the time..as well as Bluetooth and wifi. Plugging it in doesn't bother her..and truth be told..I never used to be concerned with how often I charged my phone until I became a regular on cellphone forums lol. Go figure eh..
    05-11-11 08:23 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD