I bought a Atrix off Ebay, AT&T branded but brand new just awaiting for it to arrive in Canada. Glad to hear your review. My 9700 has been a good phone but tired of the internet crashes and clocks, truncated email etc. Can't wait to get my Atrix.
    You'll be glad you got an AT&T branded one if you plan on doing any modding/hacking. Apparently the system files and whatnot are different on the Bell branded Atrix (which I was unaware of lol)..and thus any of the Roms available won't work with the Bell versions. Which kinda sucks..but overall the phone is still great and I don't think you'll regret it at all.
    04-07-11 12:33 PM
    Perhaps the same thing is happening w/ the Atrix???
    Anything's possible. Seeing's how I never even got a chance to play with a demo, i'm not sure what other screens look like. Although when I finally get some downtime from work i'll probably check a few out for comparison purposes.

Again..it's not a huge deal to me..i care more about form and functionality than a nice screen (but a nice screen is..well..nice )
    04-07-11 12:36 PM
    For those Atrix / Thunderbolt users who are looking for a video chat program Fring has a cross platform (i believe) program. You can download the program from the market, but there is a beta apk floating around you need to install in order to get the FFC working (at least with the Atrix). I tried it out before the apk install and only the rear camera worked..but after the apk install the FFC is working fine. I'll test it out as soon as I can get my wife and her iphone to install it and let you know.

Here's the link for the apk file:

Download: Fring Beta for HTC Thunderbolt and Atrix 4G - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-07-11 01:12 PM
    For those Atrix / Thunderbolt users who are looking for a video chat program Fring has a cross platform (i believe) program. You can download the program from the market, but there is a beta apk floating around you need to install in order to get the FFC working (at least with the Atrix). I tried it out before the apk install and only the rear camera worked..but after the apk install the FFC is working fine. I'll test it out as soon as I can get my wife and her iphone to install it and let you know.

Here's the link for the apk file:

Download: Fring Beta for HTC Thunderbolt and Atrix 4G - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Also, for cross platform, Yahoo Messenger is pretty decent w/ video chat. I chat w/ my soon-to-be-sis-in-law from my MT4G to her netbook w/ little problem.
    04-07-11 01:15 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD