I have an upgrade available to me early in April, but I can't see myself buying a BB. Don't get me wrong I like my Bold 9000, but nothing will have the newest technology when I am ready to upgrade. Here is what I am looking for in my next device:

1. ATT version of 4G compatible.
    2. A 1Ghz or faster processor. (Dual core would be nice)
    3. Tons of storage for apps.

Unfortunately RIM will have no options for me with my criteria. I know I could wait, but my Bold external speaker hasn't worked in 6 months now, and I hate missing calls. It just pains me that RIM has fallen this far behind with nothing on the immediate horizon.

For those wondering the phones that have peaked my interest are:
    1. HTC Inspire 4G
    2. Motorola Atrix
    3. Samsung Galaxy S 2
    02-13-11 10:30 PM
    From what I've read the atrix sounds pretty amazing and coming to AT+T, right? Not sure when. If you don't like the current BB's, no wp7 and no iphone, then android is left. If I was an android fan I'd probably hold out for atrix. Samsung devices from personal experience and what I hear alot of folks think their RF is not the greatest.
    So atrix it is!
    02-13-11 10:35 PM
    Atrix is due in March on AT&T. Nothing exceptional looking from BlackBerry for AT&T. I am in the same boat, available for upgrade late this month and my wife just recently got the Torch; its not for me. I too am looking for either the Atrix or HTC Inspire. I lean to the Inspire for batteru reasons; I presume the gigantic screen and its hardware on the Moto will go through a battery like me through beer!

I want to see if the touch screen Bold with real keyboard is coming, but there is only rumor about that. It is tough to wait.

If you cannot wait, I would lean to the HTC and know that you should have 30 days to test drive that in case you do not like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 07:35 AM
    Moved to Android section
    02-14-11 09:05 AM
    Try browsing CL for a cheaper Android? Could get the feel for one and not be stuck in a contract if you don't like it.

That's what I am doing for my Stepdaughter anyway. Gonna get her a cheaper/used one for now see if she enjoys it and save her upgrade for a new phone for either wife or me, which her upgrade is up in June. Only getting SD another phone as I am tired of hearing about how she can't browse. So gonna see if I can get a 200mb plan and a wifi capable phone for her...

Some awesome Berries coming out supposedly Q2 or Q3. A BB Bold Touch, same size/form factor as your 9000 with more up to date specs. Gonna be an awesome phone.

Good luck with your purchase.

02-14-11 09:47 AM
    My carrier is getting the Atrix, but I'm waiting to see if it will also get the S2, if so I will wait and decide between both but the S2 really has my attention.

02-14-11 11:17 AM
    Actually I just had a friend sell me an iPhone 3gs pretty cheap. I am going to use that to hold me over until the summer when more 4G options are available. I still don't know what BB will have up their sleeves then.
    02-14-11 12:03 PM
    I'm torn between Atrix and Galaxy S 2 ..... My 9700 on os 6 isn't great and I feel 6.1 won't be any better !

02-14-11 12:16 PM
    i too couldn't hold my breath any longer for a new BB device that could rival what's out there. i have VZW and was interested in the iP4 but not being able to use our credit or upgrades was a big deciding factor in us going with the Droids...she got the D2 and i got the X for free.
    02-16-11 09:00 AM
    I switched from the Torch to an HTC Inspire 4G on Monday. Couldn't be happier. It's an awesome phone and it'slike night and day when coming from a BB. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    02-16-11 10:31 AM
    ok if i was on att right now i would buy the atria hands down over the inspire. you would be crazy to get the inspire over that dual core goodness. but if you are to wait a little there are rumors saying the nexus s is coming to att in which i would go for that over the atrix, just because you would have pure android, upgrades before anyone and all the rest that comes with owning that phone. but if you decide to wait a little longer, i would get the new galaxy s 2's those look amazing
    02-24-11 01:34 AM
    if you keep waiting and waiting something new is always just over the horizon. get what you feel is best for you at the time you need/want it. wait for the new stuff to hit the shelves and be proven before dumping all your eggs in one basket. then when you have another upgrade or the extra loot get whatever else you want then. jmo.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-24-11 07:37 AM
    I also have an upgrade due...quite interested in the samsung galaxy s2, but waiting for the release and to see if any faults emerge lol.
    02-25-11 06:59 AM
    I prefer the build quality of HTC over Moto. Bottom line, the phone is for you so go with your gut.
    02-25-11 07:54 AM
    I went to att 2 c atrix,to get an ideal of what the bionic may look like and feel like.Didn't reall like atrix to thin, 2 much plastic(for me)and like dcgore said(me personly I like htc and iphone metal build). For sum reason the bionic looks like it will have a better build,thicker and if I get this phone then ill get a otter box case and it seems like it may pass my test.The atrix had no lagg and the camera was really nice.it would b really nice if 4G was here n greensboro,nc,its n charlotte,nc.

02-25-11 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD