I would buy an fxtec.. if i could. But I do not want to buy until it is available for regular (non-preorder) purchase which probably means never.
    05-01-21 10:19 AM
    I'm laughing because the Key 2 and Key2 LE pricing seems really inexpensive for the value received compared with the original Titan or announced Pocket from a sales and support perspective.

Now, I'm not faulting Unihertz for that but it demonstrates how much development costs and minimum production requirements factor into PKB availability, pricing and OEM risk.
    arkenoi likes this.
    05-01-21 11:55 AM
    I'm laughing because the Key 2 and Key2 LE pricing seems really inexpensive for the value received compared with the original Titan or announced Pocket from a sales and support perspective.

Now, I'm not faulting Unihertz for that but it demonstrates how much development costs and minimum production requirements factor into PKB availability, pricing and OEM risk.
    People complained about the poor value proposition of the $399/449 KEY² LE. Hilarious.

In light of the rumoured $900+ price tag for the OM device, even the $649 KEY² seems like a marvel.
    05-01-21 12:23 PM
    i really do not care much about the price. i buy a phone no more often than once in two years, so who cares about few extra bucks.
    stephenabm likes this.
    05-01-21 02:16 PM
    i really do not care much about the price. i buy a phone no more often than once in two years, so who cares about few extra bucks.
    I’d expect a mid-tier 7xx Pixel 5-6 specs $900 upfront and $25 month for some kind of SaaS minimum 1 year subscription from OM if that’s what you’re thinking…
    05-01-21 03:10 PM
    I have a Titan. It is a total disaster. Bulky, ugly, keyboard sucks, mediatek chipset is a cheap chinese crap that does wrong everything that could go wrong. I bought it to replace my ageing k2 and it is inferior in every single aspect. Ah, the keyboard. Not it is just no match to passport, actually it feels worse than any pkb I had before including Priv. also send weird scrolling events.
    I suppose the Titan being bulky, ugly, keyboard sucks, mediatek chipset chinese crap was all a big surprise after purchasing it eh? I mean all that information was available on the website minus the keyboard being crap yet I still enjoy it more than a slab of glass
    3800 and the_boon like this.
    05-01-21 05:07 PM
    yeah the only real issues I have with the titan is mms stopped working on verizon and the camera is horrible. keyboard is fine
    The_Passporter likes this.
    05-01-21 05:18 PM
    yeah the only real issues I have with the titan is mms stopped working on verizon and the camera is horrible. keyboard is fine
    Are you using Google messages for text?
    05-01-21 05:22 PM
    I did not have a Mediatek device for 15 years and I was surprised that it is still exactly the same crap and BT is just as bad as it was. Damn silly.
    05-01-21 06:10 PM
    Also, no VoIP support! WHY
    05-01-21 06:10 PM
    Also, no VoIP support! WHY
    Come again? It should run a VoIP client just fine.
    05-01-21 06:13 PM
    I do not want to "run a client", i want a builtin one in the phone app ike all decent phones have. like in k2.
    05-01-21 06:18 PM
    I do not want to "run a client", i want a builtin one in the phone app ike all decent phones have. like in k2.
    Well, not much is built into Android, IMO. Lots of good apps that can do VoIP just fine.

Even when it's available, the built in SIP client is of questionable reliability and doesn't get regular updates unlike a third party app. You're effectively "running a client" either way.
    05-01-21 06:24 PM
    Are you using Google messages for text?
    yes and i tried a bunch of other text apps and no dice.
    05-01-21 06:40 PM

In light of the rumoured $900+ price tag for the OM device, even the $649 KEY² seems like a marvel.
    If the OM device has a decent OLED screen, better camera than KEY2 and no wasted space for the capacitive keys (or even worse, wasted space for nothing like some other upcoming PKB phone) then $900 doesn't seem so bad.
    Rico4you and arkenoi like this.
    05-01-21 08:15 PM
    Well, not much is built into Android, IMO. Lots of good apps that can do VoIP just fine.

Even when it's available, the built in SIP client is of questionable reliability and doesn't get regular updates unlike a third party app. You're effectively "running a client" either way.
    good enough for me. i hate "apps", there are too many already, it is an ux disaster to have even one more. why would i need "regular updates"?
    05-02-21 12:59 AM
    Can anyone explain to me one thing that has kept me intrigued, since this topic started. WTH is AMA in the topic title?!?!
    05-05-21 01:26 PM
    Can anyone explain to me one thing that has kept me intrigued, since this topic started. WTH is AMA in the topic title?!?!
    "Ask Me Anything"
    05-05-21 01:35 PM
    "Ask Me Anything"
    For a minute there I was going to....
    05-05-21 03:47 PM
    For a minute there I was going to....
    I was actually expecting someone to pop in with "What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?"
    05-05-21 04:39 PM
    I was actually expecting someone to pop in with "What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?"
    African or European?

...of course you knew that was coming.
    05-05-21 04:46 PM
    African or European?

...of course you knew that was coming.
    Of course! We have a certain level of sophistication to live up to at CB.
    05-05-21 04:51 PM
    I am really annoyed by this last Titan update. They fcked up something about notifications and now LED flashes green and red, even though there are no unread notifications. Whenever my pedometer app updates steps, led flashes. Whenever weather app updates, led flashes. I cannot get any pattern when it flashes red and when green.
    But, it is really annoying.

I cannot understand why they were messing with things that didn't need any touch. Don't fix if aint broken...
    A lot of people complain about this and yet, Unihertz guys are making us crazy and think that we are morons.
    07-11-21 01:42 AM
    I am really annoyed by this last Titan update. They fcked up something about notifications and now LED flashes green and red, even though there are no unread notifications. Whenever my pedometer app updates steps, led flashes. Whenever weather app updates, led flashes. I cannot get any pattern when it flashes red and when green.
    But, it is really annoying.

I cannot understand why they were messing with things that didn't need any touch. Don't fix if aint broken...
    A lot of people complain about this and yet, Unihertz guys are making us crazy and think that we are morons.
    Incentive to purchase a new Titan Pocket which doesn't have the issue?
    07-11-21 09:11 AM
    I am pretty sure Unihertz did nothing to change notifications or LED function this time. Posting that here should get that fixed surely. Maybe your update is corrupt. Try system restore. If not get the ROM from Unihertz & flash it.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 07-13-21 at 04:37 PM.
    07-11-21 09:44 AM
1,491 ... 5556575859 ...