*** Seeking Honest and Informed Opinion ***
    I’ve read through pages and pages of this forum but I am having a hard time understanding if this is a secure device. I understand ‘adups’ is sketchy, Android 9 is dated, updates are lagged, etc

Question: Would you trust running your personal BANKING app on this device?

Thanks
    03-26-20 08:08 PM
    *** Seeking Honest and Informed Opinion ***
    I’ve read through pages and pages of this forum but I am having a hard time understanding if this is a secure device. I understand ‘adups’ is sketchy, Android 9 is dated, updates are lagged, etc

Question: Would you trust running your personal BANKING app on this device?

Thanks
    If you spend a bit of time learning how to handle it, I'm confident you can mitigate the issues.

I had one for a couple of months, and felt comfortable while using a properly configured NetGuard app.

As far as the poor record of patching is concerned, you just have to govern yourself accordingly - as in stick to Play Store and stay between the white lines when on the web.

If you have legal responsibilities regarding client data, it would probably be best to look elsewhere.
    03-26-20 08:26 PM
    So you got to use NETGUARD to block adups - and then unblock it - to get a system update?

Stick to Playstore for apps...amen, no argument here

I just never thought I had to think of my vendor before because I used/trusted Blackberry for almost 20 years.

So back to my original question...could YOU trust a Titian with YOUR banking app?

Yes/No?
    03-26-20 08:53 PM
    So you got to use NETGUARD to block adups - and then unblock it - to get a system update?

Stick to Playstore for apps...amen, no argument here

I just never thought I had to think of my vendor before because I used/trusted Blackberry for almost 20 years.

So back to my original question...could YOU trust a Titian with YOUR banking app?

Yes/No?
    Yes to your question regarding updates.

Because I am confident in my abilities to stop unwanted traffic, I would be comfortable enough to do (my own) banking. But that's me.
    Last edited by conite; 03-27-20 at 12:31 AM.
    03-26-20 09:16 PM
    I find it too unwieldy as a daily driver. And as a power-keyboard person, it's ultimately too tiring to type on for long periods.

That said, it's a solid device, and works fine.

I may not be representative of the average user though, because I type a LOT.

The Titan is as secure as an unlocked screen door, so you have to manage that aspect aggressively. But it can be done.
    So when you say unwieldy as a daily driver would you say the same about the ergonomics of the Passport as well and why? Just wondering if the Passport's keyboard has the same effect on you or is it more so the extra size and weight of the Titan that makes it cumbersome or tiring on the hands.

I know myself I could thrash away all day on the Passport without any concerns. I'm just trying to understand precisely your reason so that I can make a decision.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    03-27-20 06:24 AM
    So when you say unwieldy as a daily driver would you say the same about the ergonomics of the Passport as well and why? Just wondering if the Passport's keyboard has the same effect on you or is it more so the extra size and weight of the Titan that makes it cumbersome or tiring on the hands.

I know myself I could thrash away all day on the Passport without any concerns. I'm just trying to understand precisely your reason so that I can make a decision.

Make no mistake, the Titan is longer, wider and thicker than the Passport.

You're definitely not gonna forget that it's in your pocket.

We can usually get used to anything though, so it might feel normal after a while.
    The_Passporter and Gtrxuone like this.
    03-27-20 06:56 AM

The Passport wasn't a great fit for me (too much thumb travel), but it was not unwieldy. The Titan is just too heavy and thick. It's much bigger than the Passport.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-27-20 07:44 AM
    The Passport wasn't a great fit for me (too much thumb travel), but it was not unwieldy. The Titan is just too heavy and thick. It's much bigger than the Passport.
    The Passport SE had pretty much perfect clickiness, very close to the KEY2 if I remember correctly.
    03-27-20 07:48 AM
    I have an important question that I need answered and I hope someone can help.
    My mom lives alone so my brother an I installed a Ring Video Doorbell to keep an eye on her safety. During these unprecedented times I can't tell you how valuable this tool and app is. I was wondering how the app works on the Titan and if anyone has used it? I would think it would be ok, maybe not display Properly but functional?

04-06-20 07:19 AM
    My mom lives alone so my brother an I installed a Ring Video Doorbell to keep an eye on her safety. During these unprecedented times I can't tell you how valuable this tool and app is. I was wondering how the app works on the Titan and if anyone has used it? I would think it would be ok, maybe not display Properly but functional?

I have the Eufy app and that scales perfectly to the Titan's screen... I also use Nest and this also works well... I have only had an issue with one application which was BBC Weather where I experienced some text cut off issues... Hope someone who uses the Ring system can help you... If you have a Facebook account there is a very helpful and passionate user group there who would give you the answer you need pretty quickly... I don't have a Facebook account myself so can't ask the question on your behalf... I browse the user group though as you can find a lot of hints and tips there...
    04-06-20 12:11 PM

Honey I have a Honeywell skybell Slim rectangular shaped and not the newer round shaped doorbell and the rendering is perfect, there is no monthly fee for the internet connection, there is a tremendous variety of hookups possible, there is aftermarket electrical connection available with indoor chime and wireless remote chime available in case you don't have an existing doorbell, and the 1080p functions day and night with color even in almost pitch dark and the sound quality is great and you have the ability to download past recordings for about a week and also you can initiate recording yourself manually and you can save still pictures and videos directly to your phone or to your computer. The Honeywell skybell integrates with Honeywell applications since my security system is also with Honeywell as well as my thermostat controls. But it also integrates with IFTTT and other items. I bought it from B&H and they have a good return policy. I can't say enough to recommend the skybell which has not failed one single time since the day I put it in. They also have a wedge device which allows you to place it behind the mountain and it permits orienting the shein away from a nearby wall and case as is the case for mine the door handle is in an angle of the wall and would be partially blocked. Using that wedge device I have full almost hundred 80 degree view which I don't have from my other security cameras. The thing is a godsend. Skybell
    04-06-20 12:41 PM
    @Grungni
    Thank you for the quick reply, I will go check them out and back here again later. Would just like to make sure all my needs would be met.

Grungni likes this.
    04-06-20 12:41 PM
    You're entirely welcome. By the way it's scales perfectly on the Titan display.
    04-06-20 12:43 PM
    @RLeeSimon
    Thank you but I am not likely going to return my Ring Video Doorbell Even if you call me honey or sweetie

04-06-20 12:43 PM
    I was attracted to the skybell because I don't care to pay a monthly fee for something that's offered without charge by other companies. Also I was put off by some of the difficulties with ring doorbell security and hacking incidents widely reported on the many news sources.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-06-20 12:45 PM
    Another update without a security patch included. 6 months behind
    04-08-20 08:13 AM
    Another update without a security patch included. 6 months behind
    What are you referring to?
    Oh just saw your other post, you mean the Titan. So should they get a good antivirus and other protection? What do you recommend for their situation?
    04-08-20 09:11 AM
    Oh just saw your other post, you mean the Titan. So should they get a good antivirus and other protection? What do you recommend for their situation?
    none they are useless pretty much. you have to just lock down all connections and delete their apps
    04-08-20 09:16 AM
    Hi after update having a bad time installing my apps from the play store. Some just hang on downloading and never actually install.
    04-08-20 09:23 AM
    Anti-virus is useless. Lock everything down with the non-Play Store version of NetGuard.

Clearly Unihertz has decided they will not even pretend to be delivering a secure phone. Don't conduct business or confidential private business on the Titan.

Also, even more strictly than usual, keep to reputable websites and reputable apps from Play Store.
    04-08-20 09:29 AM
    Shame that Titan has gone this way. I would of really liked to have used phone as my daily driver.
    04-08-20 08:11 PM
    Clearly Unihertz has decided they will not even pretend to be delivering a secure phone. Don't conduct business or confidential private business on the Titan.
    The way I see it, Unihertz might still compete with the most recent "best in class" update cycle of the now highly overpriced Key2/LE-devices. One security update every four months? The Titan already got one after release in January (with patch date Oct 2019 though).

And despite the use of Adups I don't doubt that not too far in the future the Titan will outrank my KeyOne in terms of security.
    04-09-20 01:41 AM
    @Grungni
    Thank you for the quick reply, I will go check them out and back here again later. Would just like to make sure all my needs would be met.

switching to mini mode for certain apps is necessary but it fixes the issue for all apps
    04-09-20 08:19 AM
    Anti-virus is useless. Lock everything down with the non-Play Store version of NetGuard.

Also, even more strictly than usual, keep to reputable websites and reputable apps from Play Store.
    please find where unihertz ever advertised the Titan as being secure
    04-09-20 08:20 AM
    please find where unihertz ever advertised the Titan as being secure
    Never said they did.
    04-09-20 08:31 AM
1,491 ... 2021222324 ...