Ok so I just received a Titan another fellow member of here (typing on it now with BB KB)

I installed NetGuard and blocked internet connection for the com.adups.feta.overlay

Is there anything else that should be "locked" down?
    You, in a strait jacket, in a padded room

:-D
    Summer_Moon and cyberdoggie like this.
    02-14-20 08:37 AM
    Ok so I just received a Titan another fellow member of here (typing on it now with BB KB)

I installed NetGuard and blocked internet connection for the com.adups.feta.overlay

Is there anything else that should be "locked" down?
    "Wireless update"
    02-14-20 08:39 AM
    "Wireless update"
    Doesn't that mean I wouldn't be able to ever update the phone when UniHertz sends out more?

And you said you had like 50 apps on lockdown lol
    02-14-20 08:41 AM
    Doesn't that mean I wouldn't be able to ever update the phone when UniHertz sends out more?

And you said you had like 50 apps on lockdown lol
    That's correct. You will have to briefly re-enable both when you know an update is available.

I also prevented connections for all of the included OEM and MediaTek apps.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    02-14-20 08:50 AM
    That's correct. You will have to briefly re-enable both when you know an update is available.

I also prevented connections for all of the included OEM and MediaTek apps.
    Lol I'll have to re-enable internet connection for adups too in order to update the phone?
    02-14-20 09:10 AM
    Lol I'll have to re-enable internet connection for adups too in order to update the phone?
    Yes. Both apps are part of Adups. That's how they get you - they know you can't permanently disable it.
    02-14-20 09:11 AM
    Yes. Both apps are part of Adups. That's how they get you - they know you can't permanently disable it.
    Right, I can't disable the apps no matter what, but NetGuard is simply blocking their connection to the internet (I'm guessing all I have to do is touch the little WiFi and data icons to make them red and that does the trick lol)
    02-14-20 09:14 AM
    (I'm guessing all I have to do is touch the little WiFi and data icons to make them red and that does the trick lol)
    You got it.

Don't forget, you can disable ads if you got the version of NetGuard offered directly (not Play Store).

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    02-14-20 09:16 AM
    You got it.

Don't forget, you can disable ads if you got the version of NetGuard offered directly (not Play Store).

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases
    Eh, ads on the NetGuard app wouldn't be something I'd care much about because it's the kind of app that, once everything is setup, you don't really visit it frequently after that.

I did disable the permanent status bar notification for NetGuard that shows "xx apps allowed, xx apps blocked" because it was annoying, don't think that will affect functionality though.
    02-14-20 09:24 AM
    Eh, ads on the NetGuard app wouldn't be something I'd care much about because it's the kind of app that, once everything is setup, you don't really visit it frequently after that.

I did disable the permanent status bar notification for NetGuard that shows "xx apps allowed, xx apps blocked" because it was annoying, don't think that will affect functionality though.
    No, ads for everything else on your device - all apps and websites.

Don't forget to make sure you see the key at all times on the notification bar. You will likely have to disable the battery optimisation apps on the Titan to keep it alive.
    02-14-20 09:25 AM
    The thing is "Titan" …not Titanium

If it fails to sell, the name might change…

"Titanic"
    02-14-20 09:47 AM
    My philosophy is a bit different: I locked everything I was unsure or don't know and tried out if the system still works as I wish. If there where functions missing I tried out, what I have to activate that it works again. It took some time but now its fine. And I have just a small amount of apps that have all time a open connection to the Internet. Most of the apps I blocked with the traffic locker function (I actually don't know how it's called in English). If I need the app I open the locker and start the app. So I minimised the traffic for all apps. There is a locker symbol for netguard in the drop down system menu if you swipe down on top of Android.
    02-14-20 09:48 AM
    Right now the pkb is scrollable only up and down. But this doesn't mean it could do more.
    Passport capacitive started crippled & evolved with updates
    02-14-20 09:49 AM
    BlackBerry Keyboard doesn't work well on Titan for lack of SYM key... I wish someone would figure out how to enable the red convenience key on Titan to be the SYM function to access the 3 pages of symbols and numerics... as it is the only way is to turn it landscape which is a pain in the patootie...
    02-14-20 09:52 AM
    My philosophy is a bit different: I locked everything I was unsure or don't know and tried out if the system still works as I wish. If there where functions missing I tried out, what I have to activate that it works again. It took some time but now its fine. And I have just a small amount of apps that have all time a open connection to the Internet. Most of the apps I blocked with the traffic locker function (I actually don't know how it's called in English). If I need the app I open the locker and start the app. So I minimised the traffic for all apps. There is a locker symbol for netguard in the drop down system menu if you swipe down on top of Android.
    You mention locker. Is this the same Locker app that is on the Key2? And if so how were you able to load it?
    02-14-20 10:16 AM
    Sorry it's all about NetGuard and it's traffic locker / blocker... I don't use the locker app from the Android Blackberrys.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-14-20 10:42 AM
    No, ads for everything else on your device - all apps and websites.

Don't forget to make sure you see the key at all times on the notification bar. You will likely have to disable the battery optimisation apps on the Titan to keep it alive.
    Yes, the key is there and I've disabled the battery optimization for NetGuard (not for the other apps though).

Would you be able to post screenshots of the NetGuard screen that shows every system app that you've blocked internet access to?

I wouldn't want to block things that are critical for the device's basic functions.
    Grungni likes this.
    02-14-20 12:03 PM
    can you assign some shortcuts to the kb e.g. long press H for the hub, C to open the calendar or J to speed dial our favorite Justin ?
    02-14-20 08:28 PM
    can you assign some shortcuts to the kb e.g. long press H for the hub, C to open the calendar or J to speed dial our favorite Justin ?
    Oh never mind I saw the answer somewhere, short and long press work
    02-14-20 09:14 PM
    Yes, the key is there and I've disabled the battery optimization for NetGuard (not for the other apps though).

Would you be able to post screenshots of the NetGuard screen that shows every system app that you've blocked internet access to?

I wouldn't want to block things that are critical for the device's basic functions.
    The easiest way to share the settings is over the export settings function of NetGuard. The export function creates a text file in XML. I just had a look into it : there are all apps written you allowed in any way a connection to the Internet. Every app not listed in the file will be blocked. If there are apps listet someone else doesn't have installed it won't harm the function in any way. You just have to unblock all the apps you installed for your self after import of the XML which aren't in the XML file already listed. But you will have all the correct system apps blocked after you imported the file in your NetGuard app. That's a good start because you have to unblock only the apps you installed for yourself which are not listet in the imported XML.

I tried to upload my NetGuard XML here but it was blocked for security purposes.

Any suggestions how we could share xml files? Posting the copied text out of the XML is also recognised as Spam (probably because of the XML tags).
    Last edited by Jenserm; 02-15-20 at 01:03 AM.
    02-15-20 12:50 AM
    The easiest way to share the settings is over the export settings function of NetGuard. The export function creates a text file in XML. I just had a look into it : there are all apps written you allowed in any way a connection to the Internet. Every app not listed in the file will be blocked. If there are apps listet someone else doesn't have installed it won't harm the function in any way. You just have to unblock all the apps you installed for your self after import of the XML which aren't in the XML file already listed. But you will have all the correct system apps blocked after you imported the file in your NetGuard app. That's a good start because you have to unblock only the apps you installed for yourself which are not listet in the imported XML.

I tried to upload my NetGuard XML here but it was blocked for security purposes.

Any suggestions how we could share xml files? Posting the copied text out of the XML is also recognised as Spam (probably because of the XML tags).
    You can use a cloud storage link.
    Grungni likes this.
    02-15-20 01:06 AM
    If there is no way to upload it in the forum:

These are my actual NetGuard settings.

Just had another look at it: there are also blocked apps listed. Anyway give it a try!

If you have any suggestions what I also could deactivate just let me know! Thanks!
    Last edited by Jenserm; 02-15-20 at 02:35 AM.
    Grungni likes this.
    02-15-20 01:41 AM
    I'm looking forward to another boon review. Hope all goes well this time buddy.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-15-20 03:06 AM
    I've been here since the KEYone launch and haven't ever seen BB or TCL actively help people with issues.
    What?? What do you think is Conite doing? Lol!!
    02-15-20 04:31 AM
    What?? What do you think is Conite doing? Lol!!
    Lol. There were several BlackBerry people whom actively engaged us in the forums a while ago.
    02-15-20 07:01 AM
1,491 ... 1617181920 ...